“Great stay--will go back” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great stay--will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Only spent one night here but it was a very good night. This is not a large full service DoubleTree, but is a nice smaller hotel. The room I had was small, but plenty big for one or two persons. There was only a small split bathroom with a small shower and toilet in one area and the sink in the other.The bed and pillows were fantastic. The decor was nice and a nice view of the hotel pool next door. The property was very clean and the staff was all very pleasant and helpful. For an additional amount a coupon can be purchased for the breakfast but it did not appear to be a real cook to order but the usual microwave bacon, danish and prepackaged scrambled eggs. But I did not eat so I cannot say for sure. If I did have any complaint it would be that a fridge was not in the room. Since the majority of hotels do offer one, I forget to ask about that for storing insulin. I did not ask the front desk once I realize since I would only be there for about 12 hours, an ice bucket would work fine.

The check in and check out went smoothly with no surprises on the end of the bill. The price was very good and I was given cookies at check in. I will use this property again.

Wish they had a shuttle to events at the amphitheater.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the property. We do apologize for the lack of a refrigerator in the guest room. Should you stay with us in the future for a longer period of time please make sure to let the front desk know of your insulin storage needs and we can easily store it in one of our hotel refrigerators.

We do also want to let you know that our hot, breakfast buffet offers cooked to order omelets, eggs, French toast, Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy and more. Thank you again for leaving your review for other guests and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Alpharetta.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice, comfortable hotel. Pillows are too soft. Need more firmness in my pillows. Thanks for the cookies when checking in. We had to ask the cleaning staff to re-vacuum our room. I entered the room, and saw some crumbs on the floor, and asked for the room to be re-vacuumed. Actually there were still some crumbs after she vacuumed. I think a new machine or bag change is what was needed.
Good location, Right off 400. Wide variety of restaurants.
We were there for a junior golf event. We did like the fact that we could walk to the Hotel Sierra which was right in the back of our hotel. Hotel Sierra is where the golfers, volunteers, and staff were so we just walked over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for leaving your review of our Doubletree hotel in Alpharetta. We deeply apologize for the crumbs left in your room and have already notified our director of housekeeping requesting they check all vacuums and bags so that this doesn't happen moving forward. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and hope that you enjoyed yourself at the junior golf event. Thank you again for your feedback.
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This property is a great place to stay for horse shows at Wills Park. There are closer properties, but this place is very quiet and has a wonderfully friendly staff. It also serves a much better breakfast than most hotels we've visited in the area.

About fifteen minutes from Wills Park, and less than five from Dover Saddlery.

Rooms are a little tight for four folks, but not too bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Alpharetta.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff was pure bliss and very helpful, but the TV was not working and I needed to call someone from maintenance twice to fix the TV. I was informed the TV would be replaced but it never was. The bed was incredibly comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and we do apologize that you experienced issues with your TV. I have given your comments to our Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the TV in your room is replaced for future guests. Thank you again for leaving your review.
Johnston SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Its like the Song on Cheers says " you want to go where everyone knows your name" Everytime I arrive even the new employees know my name and say it before I am even through the front door, That is why I always come back! Hats off to Carlton, who always bends over backwards to make sure my stay is the best, I will be back at least if they have a room lots of times they are booked a feww weeks ahead and it hard to get a room,

Room Tip: Learn the employees names and they will learn yours. When you know someone they watch out for you
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We are proud to give our guests a fantastic experience while they stay with us in Alpharetta and we look forward to having you as our guest once again.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have used this hotel for years to put up several of my co-workers and other business visitors. Overall it is a pretty decent spot in a good location and usually fairly priced. Recently, one of my coworkers had a late change of schedule which caused him to have to cancel his trip in and thus miss his room night, inadvertantly not canceling the room which was reserved to my card. I understand hotels have to have policies for no shows and I do regret the oversight - I called and spoke with the GM and was just surprised at how unwavering he was on not refunding the penalty charge. He wasn't impolite but had little interest in hearing my pleas Certainly his perogative but starting immediately I am putting up coworkers and visitors elsewhere - plenty of other good choices in the area. I suppose if I had been a repeat offenderI could understand but first time I can ever remember this happening. While I am sure overall my lack of business is not going to cause them to go under - a word to the wise - this hotel will not give you a break if you forget to cancel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our Doubletree Alpharetta. While we do understand if you choose another hotel for your co-workers, we would like the opportunity to continue to host you and your guests in the future.
Statesboro, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here two nights and the room was about the size of a room at a value resort at Disney - small. This would have been perfect for one person or two at the most, but for a family of four, it was a bit cramped!

There were two double beds and they were comfortable. On one wall of this room there was a wardrobe (with ironing board and iron), desk area with a chair, coffee pot, television, full length mirror, and a luggage stand. The sink was in this room as well and had very little counter space. There was a sliding door for the bath area which consisted of a toilet and a shower stall. You could tell some updating had been done (obvious caulking at the ceiling in the room and bathroom) but some things were still dated (shower stall was gold colored while towel holder and tp holders were silver). The shower had new shower heads (there were two) but there was a bad repair job done on the built in soap holder.

The staff was friendly and it was quiet (we stayed on the fourth floor), but there was nothing that stood out for us at this hotel that would bring us back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and the area quiet! While we have completed some updates to the guest rooms we do also agree that there are still some updates that need to be completed and we look forward to working on these upgrades soon.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!