“TV Issues” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
A TripAdvisor Member
“TV Issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff was pure bliss and very helpful, but the TV was not working and I needed to call someone from maintenance twice to fix the TV. I was informed the TV would be replaced but it never was. The bed was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and we do apologize that you experienced issues with your TV. I have given your comments to our Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the TV in your room is replaced for future guests. Thank you again for leaving your review.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Johnston SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Its like the Song on Cheers says " you want to go where everyone knows your name" Everytime I arrive even the new employees know my name and say it before I am even through the front door, That is why I always come back! Hats off to Carlton, who always bends over backwards to make sure my stay is the best, I will be back at least if they have a room lots of times they are booked a feww weeks ahead and it hard to get a room,

Room Tip: Learn the employees names and they will learn yours. When you know someone they watch out for you
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are proud to give our guests a fantastic experience while they stay with us in Alpharetta and we look forward to having you as our guest once again.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have used this hotel for years to put up several of my co-workers and other business visitors. Overall it is a pretty decent spot in a good location and usually fairly priced. Recently, one of my coworkers had a late change of schedule which caused him to have to cancel his trip in and thus miss his room night, inadvertantly not canceling the room which was reserved to my card. I understand hotels have to have policies for no shows and I do regret the oversight - I called and spoke with the GM and was just surprised at how unwavering he was on not refunding the penalty charge. He wasn't impolite but had little interest in hearing my pleas Certainly his perogative but starting immediately I am putting up coworkers and visitors elsewhere - plenty of other good choices in the area. I suppose if I had been a repeat offenderI could understand but first time I can ever remember this happening. While I am sure overall my lack of business is not going to cause them to go under - a word to the wise - this hotel will not give you a break if you forget to cancel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our Doubletree Alpharetta. While we do understand if you choose another hotel for your co-workers, we would like the opportunity to continue to host you and your guests in the future.
Statesboro, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here two nights and the room was about the size of a room at a value resort at Disney - small. This would have been perfect for one person or two at the most, but for a family of four, it was a bit cramped!

There were two double beds and they were comfortable. On one wall of this room there was a wardrobe (with ironing board and iron), desk area with a chair, coffee pot, television, full length mirror, and a luggage stand. The sink was in this room as well and had very little counter space. There was a sliding door for the bath area which consisted of a toilet and a shower stall. You could tell some updating had been done (obvious caulking at the ceiling in the room and bathroom) but some things were still dated (shower stall was gold colored while towel holder and tp holders were silver). The shower had new shower heads (there were two) but there was a bad repair job done on the built in soap holder.

The staff was friendly and it was quiet (we stayed on the fourth floor), but there was nothing that stood out for us at this hotel that would bring us back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and the area quiet! While we have completed some updates to the guest rooms we do also agree that there are still some updates that need to be completed and we look forward to working on these upgrades soon.
Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My business partner and I checked in to the Doubletree late on a Sunday evening for a three day visit to a local company. The young lady at the desk was professional while not overly friendly. We were checked in quickly and were given the obligatory cookie. The room was two double queen beds, fairly small, but adequate for a single traveler. Had there been more than one person, it would have been too small. The hotel obviously has seen better days: the carpet was worn, the thermostat did not control properly, the TV was ancient, and even the public spaced needed updating. The buffet breakfast was included with our stay, and the food was pretty good – eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Apparently, everyone else staying there had breakfast included as well. There were about twice as many people waiting for breakfast as there was space to hold them. Overall, the service was good but, for this neighborhood, there are better choices.

Room Tip: Away from the front lobby and breakfast area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving your review of our DoubleTree Alpharetta. While we have completed several upgrades over the last few years we do recognize and agree with you that several additional updates are still needed. We are working to complete these renovations and hope that you will check back with us in the future to see the progress we have made.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel staff friendly and the hotel itself was very clean. The serice and food in the resteraunt were above average; but the bar selections were below average. However, there were plenty of food/bar choices in walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so glad you hear you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. Thank you for leaving your review of our DoubleTree in Alpharetta for other travelers.
Appleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My stay at this Double Tree Hotel was amazing. The room was extremely comfortable and clean. Beautiful space! Felt like home. I had Breakfast at the hotel twice. Each time, the breakfast items were presented in a logical layout, and were fresh and delicious. The Staff was very attentive and friendly. I would recommend this hotel. It is perhaps one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your rave review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Alpharetta.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!