“Average Hotel That Should Not Be” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
White Plains, NY
“Average Hotel That Should Not Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I expected more from this Doubletree hotel. I stayed at a Doubletree hotel in NY metropolitan area and had a good experience in a hotel with very high traffic. So I expected this from the Doubletree in Alpharetta as it is somewhere in a suburbs of Georgia. It turned out this hotel is very average. I would rate it to about the same level as a Holiday Inn, which it should be above that. It is very small like a motel you pull over for the night on one of the Interstates. It was definitely not a business hotel. The front desk treated me like a second citizen because I booked my reservation through one of the travel websites. That was my mistake #1. Book your reservation through their website. However, Marriot never treated me like this, so there's the comparison. The room was somewhat outdated, reminds me of the 70s/80s. There were stains on the comforters, which I did take a picture and will post it when I get a chance. Other than that, it appeared clean. However, there was no bathtub, just a shower made of very cheap material. For the pros. There was free Wifi, so that was good. I also slept well as the bed was very comfortable from my point of view. The AC/heater appears brand new, so at least I could take comfort in the fact that I'm probably breathing clean air. I just made sure I stayed away from the part of the comforter where there were stains.

In the morning, I made sure the stains were clearly visible for the cleaners, but that comforter was still there when I came back at night. The room was somewhat quiet, but I could hear the guy next door with his television as well as when other guests close their doors. This never cut off my sleep; however. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but only if there are no availability at the Marriot and the other hotels in the area.

As a tip, for breakfast, go across the street as there is a Starbucks there. When I was there, I drove to Starbucks, grabbed a quick fix and headed to my clients.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Carlton and staff always friendly and helpful, stay there more than once, they'll know you by name. Hearty breakfast, absolutely the best place to stay if doing business near Windward Parkway. Near all the resturants on Windward Parkway.

roswell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok but not great. Looks a little worn and need of update. Staff not too friendly. Ice machine on my floor was broken. Good selection on the cable. Location is great. With all the competition nearby they need to step it up a notch.

• Stayed March 2013
GaryCarney, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel very much. The location of this hotel is very close to the highway, many restaurants, stores and I believe there is also a mall nearby. I did not use the spa, fitness center or hotel restaurant or room service, but the "business center" could use an upgrade but was well equipped for what I needed (two computers, printer, pens). Internet service was a bit shaky but again it was good enough for what I needed it for.

Room Tip: I had a room on the ground floor with a view of the parking lot (115) and it was surprisingly quiet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I just came back from a business/pleasure visit to the Alpharetta/Atlanta area. And, I had the pleasure of staying at a Doubletree. i have liked this chain for quite some time and this location did not disappoint me this past weekend. I was pleased with the staff from the time I made the reservation to the time we left on Monday. The staff was professional, pleasant, and accommodating. Our room was clean and inviting. We had the pleasure of the warm and fresh cookies every day. And, the staff greeted us by name by the next morning. This location was/in a great location and so close to shopping and great restaurants. But, make no mistake, I will revisit this location for the service and the friendly staff.

Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a wonderful stay for me and my family. My wife and I stayed 2 nights, with my 2 Daughters and their families. All 3 families were greeted with a smile, and cookies, which gave my 5 grandchildren a comfort level, being away from home. This is a warm family property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Whenever I travel to this area for business, I always chose Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward as my first choice of stay. Rooms are clean and spacious; price is reasonable and service is excellent. Carlton at the front desk is always pleasant, attentive and helpful. While staying there, I feel like home away from home. I strongly recommend this facility for your business and leisure

Y.Zhang

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!