“Hotel in good location.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
roswell
“Hotel in good location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok but not great. Looks a little worn and need of update. Staff not too friendly. Ice machine on my floor was broken. Good selection on the cable. Location is great. With all the competition nearby they need to step it up a notch.

• Stayed March 2013
GaryCarney, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel very much. The location of this hotel is very close to the highway, many restaurants, stores and I believe there is also a mall nearby. I did not use the spa, fitness center or hotel restaurant or room service, but the "business center" could use an upgrade but was well equipped for what I needed (two computers, printer, pens). Internet service was a bit shaky but again it was good enough for what I needed it for.

Room Tip: I had a room on the ground floor with a view of the parking lot (115) and it was surprisingly quiet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I just came back from a business/pleasure visit to the Alpharetta/Atlanta area. And, I had the pleasure of staying at a Doubletree. i have liked this chain for quite some time and this location did not disappoint me this past weekend. I was pleased with the staff from the time I made the reservation to the time we left on Monday. The staff was professional, pleasant, and accommodating. Our room was clean and inviting. We had the pleasure of the warm and fresh cookies every day. And, the staff greeted us by name by the next morning. This location was/in a great location and so close to shopping and great restaurants. But, make no mistake, I will revisit this location for the service and the friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a wonderful stay for me and my family. My wife and I stayed 2 nights, with my 2 Daughters and their families. All 3 families were greeted with a smile, and cookies, which gave my 5 grandchildren a comfort level, being away from home. This is a warm family property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Whenever I travel to this area for business, I always chose Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward as my first choice of stay. Rooms are clean and spacious; price is reasonable and service is excellent. Carlton at the front desk is always pleasant, attentive and helpful. While staying there, I feel like home away from home. I strongly recommend this facility for your business and leisure

Y.Zhang

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Spotsylvania, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Doubletree Alpharetta is an adequate hotel. But the rave reviews are simply not warranted.

The place is small. That can be a good thing, but in this case it appears that management cannot, or will not, provide adequate staff. The inadequacy is two fold: first, there just are not many employees around. Second, the ones who are around are simply not that interested in being helpful.

When we were arriving after a long drive, I called the hotel to make sure we were headed in the right direction. The phone rang 16 times before it was answered. By that time we had actually found the place. The next morning I stopped by for two cups of coffee before my wife and I worked out. Although I had a coupon, the breakfast attendant wanted to charge me a dollar a cup even though we were coming back for breakfast after working out. When we did arrive for breakfast, I had hoped to have an omlet. However, that involved a three dollar surcharge. So my wife and I would have ended up spending $8.00 for our "free" breakfast. Compare this experience to the Hilton Garden Inns in Alpharetta (Windward Parkway and Northpoint). Both offer big urns of coffee in the mroning for guests, gratis. The omlets are also available at no extra charge.

The room was smallish. There is no closet, so the amoire takes up a lot of room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is small (the sink is actually outside in the bedroom). The cheap vinyl shower had a large chip on the ledge where you put the soap and shampoo. However, the shower had double heads, and the water pressure was excellent.

The rooms have been remodeled recently, and look very nice. However, the stylish curtain near the easy chair had a large white stain on it, rather off-putting.

Speaking of cleanliness, the sink in the bathroom of the workout room was not wiped down over the three days we were there. There were no disinfectant wipes in the container, and one of the tv monitors did not have sound. This was a shame because the gym had more equipment than is usual in a hotel of this class.

The cookies were nice, and the staff on the weekdays (we arrived on Friday and left on Monday) seemed to try a bit harder. But on the whole, the Doubletree seems to be phoning it in. We will return to the Hilton Garden Inn Windward Parkway on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Excellent service and reasonable pricing. Carlton at the front desk is always very pleasant, and the morning breakfast crew are always attentive. In addition, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I have stayed at this location a handful of times already and it is quality consistent. A great overall experience for the business traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!