“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Excellent service and reasonable pricing. Carlton at the front desk is always very pleasant, and the morning breakfast crew are always attentive. In addition, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I have stayed at this location a handful of times already and it is quality consistent. A great overall experience for the business traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

For me, this property was ideally located for my short business trip. There is a good selection of restaurants nearby. I hads a good night's sleep. No problems whatsoever. One can't ask for more than that. I will be back.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I come to Alpharetta at least every 4-6 weeks to visit with our kids and grandkids. The DoubleTree is our hotel of choice! We highly recommend it!

The staff is fantastic! Carlton and all the staff always make us feel right at home. We really appreciate the friendly atmosphere. We usually request the same room and they always try to accommodate us.The rooms are a comfy size and well kept. The beds are very comfortable. We find the gym a little on the small side but it works just fine for us.

The breakfast each morning is more than sufficient. They have a good selection of hot and cold items; including oatmeal, French toast, cereal, fruit and omelets made to order and yummy carrot raisin muffins. The ladies that staff the morning restaurant service are very helpful and friendly.

Just be aware this hotel is generally quite full during the week and parking seems a bit limited if you return later in the evening.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night in early December. No complaints at all. Really nice lobby, beautiful room (a little small, but I didn't spend a lot of time in it), was REALLY quiet at night. I didn't try the restaurant, so can't comment on that (there was no one in the restaurant when I checked in at about 6PM). Decent value for the price, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: It's a little tricky to find, as it's tucked away down a side road, so make sure you follow...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Doubletree Altanta-Alpharetta is mine & my team's hotel of choice when I travel to this area. The rooms have all been recently renovated with very comfortable beds, very modern bathrooms, and a gym that isn't too overcrowded in the mornings. What really makes the hotel for me, however, is the caliber of service provided. The staff learned my name, and was always helpful and responsive. I highly recommend it.

martinez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently spent several nights at this hotel during a conference in Atlanta. The staff were pleasant from check in to check out offering a warm chocolate chip cookie on check in and upon request which was nice. Rooms are spotless clean, spacious and include wifi. Rooms provided a quiet stay with the most comfortable beds and breakfast was excellent. The hotel lobby and grounds are clean and very welcoming. I will definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Menerbes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree hotel at Windward this past weekend. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful....but......it's not the standard or superiority of rooms that I remember the Double Tree to be. I remember staying at Double Tree hotels in the past when the quality was wonderful, and these were upscale hotels....now they appear to be just like the other run of the mill hotel. Really nothing distinguishing themselves other than giving you a free cookie!!

Unfortunately, I thought I'd have a nice lay in and watch my political shows in the morning sitting up in bed with my coffee in hand.....so put the 'Do not Disturb' sign on the door....only to be bothered by one of the cleaning staff knocking on my door at 8:45...calling out housekeeping!!!! Perhaps the hotel can give the staff a quick training session on what it means to have a 'Do not Disturb' sign on the door.....!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GaryCarney, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your candid feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward? Share your experiences!