“Unintened Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Cordova
“Unintened Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Made an unplanned stop to sleep. Hotel staff extremely courteous and accommodating. Close to book signing venue we were attending. Hotel has a little age, but interior lobby and furnishings were in excellent condition. Can't beat the value! Nearby hotels a lot more costly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brunswick, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have a number of issues with this hotel after staying over the Labor Day weekend here. It was me & my 7 yr old son in a double smoking room on the second floor.

I booked through AAA so I got a great rate, but it was NOT worth it. I wish I had just gone to the Marriott as I normally would!

1. Check in - the clerk tried to up-sell me on a Jacuzzi Suite for me and my 7 yr old. No thank you...this is NOT a romantic get a way...I just found this to be inappropriate! I informed the clerk that we need 2 beds and an in-room hot tub is not necessary. (The Jacuzzi suite had only one bed)

2. The pool (that my son wanted so desperately to swim in) was disgusting! The water was cloudy & green. I could not allow my child to get in that water!

3. The odors - in the halls, the elevator (Was REALLY BAD!!) and the room. I brought some FeBreeze Air Effects from home (Thank goodness or the room would have been unbearable!) I will echo from another reviewer: it was obvious the owners were using incense to mask their cooking odors and THAT just made it worse! YUCK! **We did leave the fan on in the bathroom and used our Air Effects often in the room!!**

4. Lack of security/lighting - Most nights, we returned after dark and we had to use the side entrance as the lobby doors are locked after 10pm. This would be OK if the "side" of the building had any lights! I did NOT feel secure or safe with a sleepy 7 yr old holding one hand and trying to fumble with my room key with the other to get in. ALSO NOTE: on our 2nd night there, there were some not-so-friendly looking men standing in the parking lot. I suppose they could have been just chatting, again, I didn't feel real safe walking thru' a shadowy parking lot with my kid!

5. Cleanliness of room - After taking bed-spreads off, I checked for bed-bugs...no sign :) There was, however a burnt hole in the sheets on one of the beds. There was also a GIANT stain on the ironing board (Board was in the middle of the room! Stain appeared to be fresh, but I didn't get close enough to examine it - GROSS!) Bathroom was very clean upon arrival with shampoo/conditioner/soap and plenty of towels :)

6. Maid Service - what maid service? someone came into our room each day and threw the covers back on the bed - but did NOT make the beds. Ash tray was not emptied, bathroom was not cleaned or restocked. Trash was emptied from the cans, but I purposely left an empty potato chip bag on the floor and it was not removed or even picked up! It was obvious that a vacuum cleaner was never used! OH! But the towels were picked up and restocked each day :) My son pointed out that you could see into the A/C Unit where greenery was growing - ewwwwww! GROSS!!

7. Breakfast - Breakfast is in a dirty little room just past the front desk and no one was there to replenish or clean up after others were done. My son had a banana and a yogurt as that is all I would allow him to eat. (I said NO to the donuts and things that were not pre-packaged!). I bought a water and a juice from the vending machine. it just did not look or smell clean. We got better service & cleanliness from the McDonald's 2 exits up.

In a nut-shell: Keep looking! I do NOT recommend this place and will not stay there again! Staff was non-existent once we checked in. Odor almost ran us out of our room. Can not believe I stayed the whole 3 nights!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was locked down like Fort Knox, despite being in a very nice neighborhood. The clerk/manager checked us into a used room, then moved us to an almost equally dirty room across the hall. It smelled like a nightclub, and was supposed to be non-smoking. The commode was used, and filthy. As were the floors, and tub. Then out came the cockroaches. The clerk disappeared, as I guess the hotel was full (clearly not return guests). We met others trying to access the lobby to register complaints. I'm still nursing bed bug bites. This motel is not deserving of the Ramada brand, and I will never ever consider this location again. Sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel should not be carrying the Ramada name. It is a sleazy dive hotel, poorly managed by people who have no business managing a hotel. The manager and his family live in the office adjacent to the lobby and lock the lobby entrance, both from the parking lot and to the interior to the hotel so that they can use the lobby as their family's living room. This requires all guests to use side exit, which we discovered is left unlocked 24/7. The card access lock is broken and they have zip tied the emergency bar on the door so that the door remains unlocked, which means that ANYONE can have access to the hotel at ANY time. Also, the two door to the indoor pool are similarly left unlocked, so any child could fall in and drown. The pool was a stagnant ceasepool of green water with debris. Everything was filthy. The pool pump and filter were not running. The hotel itself reaked of patchoulli and incense to mask the smells from mold and mildew. We booked through Orbitz based on pictures which were NOT reflective of the actual condition of the hotel with reviews that had to be written by this family. The only reason we stayed was because all the other nearby hotels were full because of weekend events. Light fixtures were loose from the wall, inches of dust and crumbs everywhere, mold, television didn't work, A/C didn't work, WiFi that didn't work etc. The hotel was dangerous, filthy, and poorly managed.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very content with everything. Keep it up.
Hotel is very good located,
The Restaurant right next to it makes it easy for customers to take their lunch or dinner
Their is a Shopping Mall on walking distance, about 15 minutes
Cleaning is very well done, on time and the people are very polite and friendly.
My room had like a view of the area, which made it very nice and relaxing, especially in the afternoon
People at the front desk are very friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bradford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed a week in a suite with 3 boys and everything was fine. I read a previous review saying that the hotel had roaches, that is not true. For the entire week we were there, eating and leaving food open (as kids will do) we saw no bugs of any kind. The staff was courteous and if we hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they did not disturb. When I travel to Alpharetta in the spring, I will definitely stay at this Ramada Inn.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you have kids. Plenty of room for everyone.