I have a number of issues with this hotel after staying over the Labor Day weekend here. It was me & my 7 yr old son in a double smoking room on the second floor.
I booked through AAA so I got a great rate, but it was NOT worth it. I wish I had just gone to the Marriott as I normally would!
1. Check in - the clerk tried to up-sell me on a Jacuzzi Suite for me and my 7 yr old. No thank you...this is NOT a romantic get a way...I just found this to be inappropriate! I informed the clerk that we need 2 beds and an in-room hot tub is not necessary. (The Jacuzzi suite had only one bed)
2. The pool (that my son wanted so desperately to swim in) was disgusting! The water was cloudy & green. I could not allow my child to get in that water!
3. The odors - in the halls, the elevator (Was REALLY BAD!!) and the room. I brought some FeBreeze Air Effects from home (Thank goodness or the room would have been unbearable!) I will echo from another reviewer: it was obvious the owners were using incense to mask their cooking odors and THAT just made it worse! YUCK! **We did leave the fan on in the bathroom and used our Air Effects often in the room!!**
4. Lack of security/lighting - Most nights, we returned after dark and we had to use the side entrance as the lobby doors are locked after 10pm. This would be OK if the "side" of the building had any lights! I did NOT feel secure or safe with a sleepy 7 yr old holding one hand and trying to fumble with my room key with the other to get in. ALSO NOTE: on our 2nd night there, there were some not-so-friendly looking men standing in the parking lot. I suppose they could have been just chatting, again, I didn't feel real safe walking thru' a shadowy parking lot with my kid!
5. Cleanliness of room - After taking bed-spreads off, I checked for bed-bugs...no sign :) There was, however a burnt hole in the sheets on one of the beds. There was also a GIANT stain on the ironing board (Board was in the middle of the room! Stain appeared to be fresh, but I didn't get close enough to examine it - GROSS!) Bathroom was very clean upon arrival with shampoo/conditioner/soap and plenty of towels :)
6. Maid Service - what maid service? someone came into our room each day and threw the covers back on the bed - but did NOT make the beds. Ash tray was not emptied, bathroom was not cleaned or restocked. Trash was emptied from the cans, but I purposely left an empty potato chip bag on the floor and it was not removed or even picked up! It was obvious that a vacuum cleaner was never used! OH! But the towels were picked up and restocked each day :) My son pointed out that you could see into the A/C Unit where greenery was growing - ewwwwww! GROSS!!
7. Breakfast - Breakfast is in a dirty little room just past the front desk and no one was there to replenish or clean up after others were done. My son had a banana and a yogurt as that is all I would allow him to eat. (I said NO to the donuts and things that were not pre-packaged!). I bought a water and a juice from the vending machine. it just did not look or smell clean. We got better service & cleanliness from the McDonald's 2 exits up.
In a nut-shell: Keep looking! I do NOT recommend this place and will not stay there again! Staff was non-existent once we checked in. Odor almost ran us out of our room. Can not believe I stayed the whole 3 nights!
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Ramada
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Limited Alpharetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.