You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd.
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1950 Rock Mill Rd., Alpharetta, Alpharetta, GA 30022   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The room was normal and clean. The whole place smelled like smoke though. Even on the non smoking floor. Also, the parking situation is terrible. The spaces are extra small. Trucks were having to take up a space and a half. There was even a fight over parking that woke me up one night. I stayed a week for work but I'm fairly certain there are a lot of people living there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd., responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Kate – Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens. Still, I sincerely apologize for the odors in your room. In response to your comments, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Purcellville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

BEWARE IF ATTENDING BIG CONCERTS! Made a reservation over 4 months in advance for $75 a night to attend a concert at Verizon Amphitheater that was to going sell out all of the hotels in a 15 mile area. Less than 24 hours notice, I was coming from VA, they called me and shipped me 18 miles away to another Extended Stay. Come to find out from locals they overbook people at a low price, then send them to another Extended Stay to then open up rooms for them to charge $200 a night. So even if they have to give your new room for free, they still make a killing. Completely unethical! I'll never stay at another Extended Stay after this one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just checked out today and I feel like I have been freed from a nightmare. First and foremost the hotel does have a thick stench and beyond that it is filled with smoke even in the hallways and non-smoking rooms. Upon arrival I was told the room type I booked was not available and that no rooms were available even though I had a reservation. They did end up finding me another room but it had 1 full bed and was tight with 2 adults. The remainder of the stay was in another room after it became available. The second room was disgusting. It was on the first floor and if you opened the drapes people walking by could look in the room because they had only one set of drapes. Most hotels have black out drapes for sleeping and thinner white drapes to give privacy but to allow in light. Trust me, this place needs all the light it can get so they can see how dirty it is. When I entered our second room it smelled heavily of smoke and I told the front desk about it. They said they would come by and spay something. They ended up spraying some cleaner onto the floor and drapes which masked the smoke for a few minutes. The rest of the stay it was back and the fact that they didn't even really care that somebody smoked in a non-smoking room tells you the whole story. The staff seems nice but the culture of the company is let's just say the opposite end of the spectrum from a Marriott where they teach their employees to care about the property, the clients, and to groom themselves well. I received a survey with 2 nights left from corporate on which I blasted the hotel's cleanliness. The manager called my room within a few hours of that and I communicated my concerns. It impressed me that she called and listened intently to my suggestions so I have to give her kudos for that but unfortunately it was too little too late as I would never go here again and I would never recommend it to anybody. Hopefully reviews like mine wake up corporate to make the changes needed. This hotel has no common areas, no gym, no pool, and like I said has a few benches out front which is basically the smoking center. Unfortunately the inside is a smoking center as well. Time to go 100% smoke free, it's 2013 last time I checked. PS - the moldy food inside the AC unit was quite the feel good moment as well.

Room Tip: A queen bed here is actually a full so if you want to have two people in a bed make sure it's ki...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Muskego, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We needed a hotel for the night that was pet-friendly. I googled and found several in the area where I wanted to stay. I felt it was a good choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. It did seem there were a lot of full time residence. People hanging outside the lobby smoking. Not very classy. Also, some tangy smells from cooking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great service. They printed a few copies of my report when I was pressed for time. They shsipped my laptop charger for free when I left it there. Great service. Low prices. Makes sense if you want to save money but want great service. Near a mall and retail hub too so decent food nearby. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

From my experience it seems that at least 75% of this hotel were actual occupants of it and not short-term stayers. The hotel has a terrible odor and I was so discouraged when I went to clean my own sheets and found nothing but dried blood all over the mattress cover it was absolutely disgusting. The dirty socks that I found beneath my comforter was nothing compared to the dried blood. I had to switch rooms right when I first checked into my first one it was a non-smoking room that smelled of complete cigars. Very loud at night people in the hallways and playing video games on crazy high volumes.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd., responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a frequent guest,my experience has always been good in any room i have stayed. For under $60,you get an immaculate room with large kitchen area,all appliances included. Everything seemed to work ok with cold AC,and no plumbing issues which it usually the biggest worry in a cheap hotel. But this one is almost 5-star,and the only reason it's not would be the very poor and basic cable service. Less than 25 channels,and none of them any good. If this was upgraded they would probably stay booked all the time!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the weekends when less rooms are available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd., responded to this review, August 28, 2012