“So much wrong with this place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   806 North Westover Boulevard, Albany, GA 31707 (Formerly Hampton Inn Albany (at Albany Mall))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Albany
florida
“So much wrong with this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here during Thanksgiving week for several days. I was really disappointed in this hotel...Here's why:
Problem #1) The rooms are extremely small. It took me a while to figure out why it was so small...it's the little area in between the room and the bathroom that most hotel rooms have...these rooms are missing that, so there is no place to put your luggage or stand when your getting ready (drying hair, make-up, etc...). If there is more than 2 of you staying in the room, be prepared to be right on top of each other (there was 3 of us).
Problem #2) There is no guest laundry room ...and we REALLY needed that. I guess there is a coin operated laundry mat around the corner but we got there on Thanksgiving day so they were closed & we had a huge coffee accident on the way up to Albany, so we needed a laundry facility badly that day. We had to go to my Aunts house for Thanksgiving dinner the next day with coffee stains all over our shoes!
Problem #3) The water pressure was...I don't even know...the worst!! It just dribbled out and was really aggravating to use. I hate low water pressure, makes me feel like I didn't get a good shower, and that is the worst feeling!
Good points: the front desk lady was very nice and tried to be as accommodating as possible considering what she had to work with, and the lady who served breakfast was also very nice...and breakfast was pretty good to.
Overall, I would not return to stay in this hotel, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Acworth, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is owned by the same property owners of the New Hampton Inn and Suites. She wanted to charge me a dog fee of 15.00 which is never a problem. But she called the Hampton after I told her that I was told by the lady at the front desk at Hampton that upon supervisor approval fro a lady named Nissha that we might be able to stay at Hampton. Von seemed to be on a missio. To prove me wrong. She called over there to Hampton and gave me a bad name and then whwn I went to the Hampton to see if my wife and I and our little dog coukd stay. The front desk called the owner or General Manger and came back and said that our dog wasn't welcome at Quality Inn or Hampton. Wow, after Von "the manager" at Quality Inn just said we coumd stay with a 15.00 charge for our pet. When I went bac to the Quality Inn to speak with Von to find out if this was in fact true, she wouldn't even co.e out and speak with my wife and I. Needless to say guest relations will be hearing about our discrimination. The advertise that they are a pet friendly hotel. I don't know how Von ever got the job as a General Manager, but with her poor customer service and rude speach and acting as thiugh she was better than us, we will complain and don't recomend staying at this hotel, so we didn't. If you woukd lime drama and very rude customer service, please stay at this property. Which wasn't very clesn from the looks of it and needs updating. I also asked her to let me speak to the other hotel on her phone in which she refused to and wouldn't call for me. This lady Von needs to b demoted and reeducated on customer service and possibly find other employment since she didn't seem to love customers.

• Stayed November 2013
north geogia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here on business about a month after the change of management. Everything was very clean and acceptable. The property is kind of hidden away off the highway in the mall parking lot. I heard no noise and I am a somewhat light sleeper. Also, unlike some other reviewers, I like the outside rooms, gives you easy access to your vehicle. All in all, I had a good experience, convenient location, good nights rest and good breakfast. I will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a deal-breaker for me. As a female who frequently travels alone, I demand inside room access at all hotels. I prefer the Hilton brand of hotels, especially Hampton Inns. Was surprised to arrive and find that this hotel had all outside access rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Marietta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although the inn is dated, older furniture and bedding, The staff was very friendly and professional. I enjoyed my stay and looking forward to staying at the new Hampton Inn being built across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Jamestown, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The room is outdated and there is consturction across from the site. Another tenant was noisy. I was moved to another room. Both rooms were sprayed so heavily with deodorizer you could hardly breathe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

McCormick, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were very much impressed with the staff. They are looking forward to moving to their new location about a block away. The new facility looks wonderful from the road. We will stay at the new Hampton Inn and Suites the next time we are in Albany, GA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!