“Warning...Don't stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Albany
“Warning...Don't stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very Unpleasant are the words I would use to describe my stay at the Super 8 on N. Slappy in Albany, Ga! I was afraid to walk in my room without socks. The floor looked as though it had not been vacuumed for days. I saw long strands of hair in the bed and a roach crawling on my night stand. I don't know which was more disgusting! Lastly, my boyfriend realized he left his phone there after checkout. We went back to get it almost immediately, but to no surprise it was not found. What should have been a two night stay turned into only one night and a checkin at a nearby Courtyard Marriott for the following night which was obviously worth spending the extra money. I chose to stay here because my previous experiences with the brand in other cities left a good impression on me as far as value and cleanliness, but now I am no longer willing to stay at a Super 8. I've been tainted!! I'm just sayin...

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed only one night, and it was enough. I would not come again. It is too old, the free breakfast is awful, there is nothing decent to eat or drink. Pay a few dollars more and go another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
neverneverland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

If you consider a room the size of a master bedroom closet with a bed that the top mattress slides off comfortable than, this is the place for you.
At a rate of 70.00 I probably would have had better luck at a Motel 6.
I travel more than the average person, Super 8's are generally very clean not super modern but comfortable.
Ive been here for 2 days and the same trash is still sitting in the hall, including a economy size empty box of Texas toast garlic bread.
Someone needs to step it up and get this place under control.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Middle Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

My family and I live only an hour away from Albany but were looking to stay the night so to enjoy two full days of attractions. We had searched online and were prepared to stay at a reputable hotel chain located in downtown Albany because the price was right. However, when we went to check-in, we were not comfortable with the hotel's safety...lots of people walking the property and downtown. We chose to look elsewhere for a place to stay. We went to many of the hotels in Albany but found the prices of the rooms to >$70...much more than we were wanting to spend. Then we decided to go to Super 8 and check out the hotel and assure its safety. The location of the hotel is much safer than any hotel located in downtown Albany and the price was right. So if you are looking for a hotel that is clean, cheap, and safe, Super 8 of Albany is a good choice.

• Liked — location for the price
  • Disliked — needs some updating, stock up on some toiletry items
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dinupatel, Manager at Super 8 Albany, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to serving you in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

Me, my mother fiancee and son all stayed at the hotel. We reserved 2 rooms and stayed for 3 nights. The staff was friendly, the rate was excellent, the rooms we very very clean. When we checked out we forgot to turn in the key to the room and realized when we arrived home to Miami FL. I returned the key in July and the management was very nice about it and told me not to worry, things like this happens.
We were in the area because I plan to move to Albany and I love the area very much. Better than Miami as far as the people.
I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Albany? Share your experiences!