“Excellent staff and services” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Albany, GA Golf Getaway
Ranked #3 of 26 hotels in Albany
KANEOHE, United States
“Excellent staff and services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff is excellent and always willing to accommodate my needs. The bedding was excellent as well. I thought the food choices for the breakfast were excellent. The egg white omlettes were not on the menu but the cooks were always willing to make them for me. I really enjoyed the starbucks inside the restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Linda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We would like to thank you for your kind words! Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Albany we strive to ensure every guest if fully satisfied. We are glad that you had an excellent breakfast experience, and enjoyed our newly opened Starbucks. We hope next time you are in town you choose to stay with us again!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is a good hotel choice for downtown business. On a negative note, the parking is limited and there is a party happening every night across the street. The breakfast staff and the food were more than satisfactory with some really good biscuits and gravy. However, at 15 bucks a pop this seems to be not a good value comparision but that is the going rate at Hilton. Hey, this did not stop me from eating breakfast all week, ha!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the Ray Charles memorial.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheila B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments kdtesch. I’m sorry the parking was tight during your stay. Due to the downtown location, we do have a limited number of parking spaces for our guest but on street parking is available. I’m glad you tried our breakfast and enjoyed to unlimited buffet which our price is $10.95 plus tax. We strive to set our prices with equivalent local restaurants but make an effort to offer additional chooses to our buffet.

We hope the next time your travels bring you to Albany, your preference will be to stay with us again.
Port of Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First off I must say that Albany, Georgia is NOT a vacation spot. If you visit there it's either for school, to see family or to retire needless to say there are a few things to see and they are all walking distance to this Hotel. The hotel is clean, service is excellent, staff all have that great Georgia spirit, amazing. The hotel is directly across the street from the Ray Charles monument, 3 mins away from the acquarium and walking distance to the Albany State University. You can also sit and enjoy the Flint River. The restaurant has some good food and the breakfast is really good!!!! Rooms are spacious enough for a short stay, you get lots of towels, toilettries etc. Good working gym and pool, with towels as well. It really is not walking distance to shopping but the malls are close enough by car. All in all good hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheila B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
The staff here wants to thank you for your business. We always stive to have clean, fresh and great staff. Next time you and your family is here in Albany we relly would like to see you all again . Thanks
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel on our way down to Orlando, FL over Spring Break last week. We arrived later than planned but were greeted promptly at the front desk and check-in was smooth and went quickly. The room size is a bit tight for 4 (2 adults/2 children) but comfortable and clean. Wi-Fi was speedy and the hotel was quiet for our one-night stay. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. They offered most everything you could want (i.e. made-to-order omelets, french toast, eggs, pancakes, bagels, sweet rolls, oatmeal, breads, fresh fruits, bacon, sausage, etc.) My only suggestion would be to change out the rolling carts used to load/unload luggage to and from your room. The ones at this hotel are unsatisfactory - too small and we had to use two of them just to get our 4 pieces of luggage and a few extra bags to our room! Overall a good stay at a clean hotel - would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sheila B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We want to thank you for the wonderful response. The staff strive to make your stay feel like home away home. Anytime that you are in this area we look forward to seeing you again.
Thanks.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Checked in the other night for a business stay (1 night) was promply greeted, given my water and check in went smooth. Was on the 4th floor, the room was average compared to their other hotels and was clean. Upon checkng in i had someone knocking on my door immediatly to make sure everything was ok then they called back about 15-20 minutes to check on me again... I went out for a quick dinner, upon returning i was working when i had to use the bathroom, i noticed a small size roach under the sink headign towards the trash can. i pomptly killed him, did a quick room inspeciton and it was ok....... stayed the night and checked out the next morning to head home. Not a horrible stay but for the $139.00 it was not excellent eitehr.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sheila B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I am very sorry that you feel your stay was a average stay because we strive for excellant and outstanding services. I wish you have notfity the desk so that you would have not had to handle the small roach you found in your room. Look back on your stay that day we had the pest control doing their montly services with us that day we are very sorry that happen to you.
va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel seems fairly new and it is situated by the river walk for those of you that like to jog or walk in the afternoons (too bad the river flooded while I was there). The hotel is clean, well maintained, and has a very nice lobby area that you can hangout in and get some work done if you don't like sitting in a room or get some drinks at the bar (looks like they are in the process of opening up a coffee area also). The rooms have a good size to them and everything is very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff goes out their way to provide you with whatever you may need. Special shout out to Marie. My reservation was some how lost or dumped or maybe I failed to complete it online, but Marie took good care of me, providing me with the rate I had when I booked the room three weeks before. Now that is service!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. I was concerned when I notice that my room was next to the elevators but I nev...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheila B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We want to thank you for the reply. We strive to contuine to be an outstanding hotels and have friendly staff.
DuBois, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Working in Albany, Georgia this week and my employer chose The Hilton Garden Inn in Albany.
I cannot overstate the overwhelming customer service at the front desk!
A wonderful young man at the desk, Barrington, welcomed me with such warmth even though his computer had frozen and 2 phone lines were ringing. He was gracious with each phone call and never lost his composure with what could have been a stressful situation.
He was exceptionall informative about the hotel and surroundings, suggestions on where to eat and reassured me his job was to make me as comfortable as possible.

While waiting for Barrington to take care of the phone lines, 2 of the cleaning staff just happened to walk by while taking care of morning business in the lobby.
Both of them gave me the biggest smile and asked me how my morning was going and how long I would be a guest. They each wished me a great day and said they hoped to see me again during my stay.

The hotel is exceptionally clean, though rooms are a bit dated with bed coverings, etc.

If you find yourself in the Albany area, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is very comfortable and the view is spectacular overlooking the River across the street and the walkways.

There is a very popular Bar-b-que place right across the street, but the hotel has their own great restaurant as well.

I travel a few times a month, so when I tell yout the customer service is outstanding, coming from me, that is a HUGE compliment!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the River.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We want to thank you for grading our hotel and sevices an At. We always stive to be the very best as we can be. Thanks again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albany? Share your experiences!