“Could walk from hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 151 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Best Pizza on the Planet! Hand tossed, made to order, baked on stone pizza and calzones, monumental hoagies, scrumptious salads and appetizers full bar! Twenty eight beers on tap! Gluten Free Pizzas!! Live entertainment on the patio Wednesday thru Sunday. We Cater!
Birmingham
“Could walk from hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We got a pizza and took back to hotel. We got the thin crust and it was very good. Would go back. We enjoy Mellow Mushroom and this was disappointing.

Visited August 2014

Dothan, Alabama
“Tried something new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was our first trip to this particular Mellow Mushroom location; we've been to others (Panama City, FL, Columbus, GA and Enterprise, AL, for example.) This particular location in Albany has a cool building, both inside and out. Very unique design. Inside the restaurant, it is nicely decorated and clean. We liked it best out of the other Mellow Mushroom locations we've visited.

We always, always get pizza when we go to a Mellow Mushroom, but this time, we decided to branch out and get a tempeh hoagie. We were very pleased at the size of the sandwich, and its value.

Service was great, too.

We were here for lunch on a Saturday and it was not too busy; even if it had been, I doubt we would have had to wait for a table because the restaurant is so large.

When we're back in this area, we would undoubtedly give Mellow Mushroom another visit! We are fans of this chain, and this location in Albany, Georgia did not disappoint.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Great atmosphere.... not a good value!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We were on the road and stayed next door at the Country Inn & Suites, where the desk clerk recommended the Mellow Mushroom. We have seen this franchise before but had never experienced it, so we were looking forward to it. The atmosphere was fun and funky..and the server was pleasant, but the chicken w/mozzarella Hoagie sandwich had so little chicken in it..all I could taste was the cheese and tomato sauce. It was virtually all bun and sauce. The flavor of the sauce was good...but as an aficionado of Italian Delis..and this type of sub.... I was really disappointed. My wife had the Italian Beef Hoagie and had the same comment...i.e. "where's the beef?" To be fair... the Spinach Artichoke Dip was very tasty.....but based on our overall experience...and a $35 check... we will not try this franchise again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albany, Georgia
“Place to go in Albany Ga. Hands down 5 times a week my spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We visited mellow on jan 12 2014. Everything about this place was amazing. We were immediately sat by a girl named shaquira. We were promptly greeted by our server star. Service was amazing. She was extremely nice and professional. We tried the brownie sundae because of her suggestion and I will come back just for that every time I have a sweet tooth now. We had a cheese bread, the house special add jalapeños, and the brownie Sundae. Will defiantly be back 4-5 times a week as usual. Just wanted to give my spot a shot out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SW Georgia
“Mixed review-6 of one, half dozen of another.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

During Christmas vacation after the holiday, a friend & I went out for a "Girls Day Out" to Albany to use some of our gift cards & eat lunch out. We went to MM for lunch & it was super! We both had salads & calzones. They were busy at lunchtime. Service was prompt & polite. Food was hot, fresh, & tasty. Restaurant was very clean.

I went with my family a couple of days later to take our kids to see The Hobbit 2 & then to MM for dinner afterwards. They were busy, but not any more so than they were at lunchtime. We observed many families there-with all ranges of children from little ones to teenagers. Service was poor & rude. We waited a long, long, long time to place our drink order. Service was also kind of rude. The waitress asked us if she could start us off with a beer or a mixed drink-my husband responded that we would have 4 waters & she made a face. Hummm. We ordered 2 pizzas (for those who don't know, we are talking around $25 per pie or so). We waiting a long time again to get our drinks. Waited even longer to get our pizza. Were unable to get refills. Check was stuck on the corner of the table-no "thank you" or "hope you enjoyed it". We observed many of the tables with kids were not served well either. There was lots of wait staff working the bar area. I realize that this is a restaurant with a bar. I realize it is MM & you are paying for totally awesome pizza...but if you are going to cater to your bar patrons & pretty much ignore your families who come for dinner, then we'll stick to coming on a date or for lunch. Too bad, because the pizza is great.

Also, noticed some really poor wait staff service issues, such as carrying cups by the lip, thumbs in plates, wait staff coughing or sneezing into their hands. The topper on this was that the SOAP in the men's bathroom was empty. My husband said to me "if the soap is empty in the bathroom, what are the male employees washing their hands with?" He told the girl at the register that the soap was out in the men's restroom & she shrugged her shoulders. Gross.

Like I said, too bad because the pizza is great & we had a good lunch experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mellow Mushroom, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.