“Overall good experience. Good location. good breakfast...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Albany

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Albany to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Albany
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2720 Dawson Rd, Albany, GA 31707 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Albany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Thomaston, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work regularly and tried out this hotel. Myself and 2 other guys checked in and we all agree not to come here again.
The property obviously used to be a Jameson Inn that has been reopened, the only upgrade to the property that we could notice was the new televisions in each room.
The beds were atrocious, I barely got 3 hours of sleep simply due to how uncomfortable the mattress was and dismal pillows. I woke this morning with shooting pain in my neck and shoulders.
There were many people who stayed at this hotel the night we stayed who had pets. I didn't experience it, but my coworker had to deal with barking dogs in adjacent rooms all night.
Note to hotels, if you book people who have pets, DON'T BOOK people who do not have pets in adjacent rooms. Especially when it's obvious that we are working people who just need a good night's sleep.

Worst of all was the price. We received a rate of $77 a night on a company discount. Regular rate was undoubtedly more than that. The quality of the stay most definitely does not justify the price.
We were aware of no special events happening in the area to push up the price, and our stay was on a Monday night. We could find no reason for the high price.

We will not be returning to this hotel on future stays in the area for future work projects.

• Stayed March 2013
JamesonInn-Albany, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We apologize that your stay was less than perfect.

We changed our flag to a Wyndham hotel to provide our guests with the features of an internationally known hotel group. We are so excited about our changes! Our transition to the Baymont Inn and Suites by Wyndham has some exciting perks which are forthcoming! Updates and renovations are on their way!

I am so sorry you and your group experienced inconveniences during your stay. We strive to offer our guests competitive market-based rates along with great quality. Our guests are our priority. Upon the receipt of your review, I met with my front desk staff to ensure that we are strategically placing all of our guests as we are a pet friendly hotel. We apologize for your discomfort. Although you have indicated that we have lost your business, please accept our invitation to you and your group to make things right!

Thanks again for your review!

Vergennes, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I came to Albany, GA to run the "Snickers Albany Marathon" and choose this hotel largely on price and proximity to the event. Even with a 7 AM start I needed a late checkout to take a shower after the race before hitting the road. The staff were outstanding in accommodating my needs and offered everything from directions to post race refreshments. They went above and beyond the hotel policy of 11 AM checkout and used common sense to take care of their customers. The room was clean and comfortable and inexpensive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for value and old time customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate your needs while you were here at the Baymont Inn of Albany! Furthermore, I am so happy to have hosted the marathoners! Our team enjoys the opportunity to help all of our guests! We sincerely appreciate you for recommending us to others!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon! We’ll have to make sure we have some chocolate milk for the marathoners next year! Thanks, again!

Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is formerly the Jameson Inn. Just because its now a Baymont Inn doesn't mean that the quality went down; far from it. The desk clerk was absolutely friendly, the cost of the room was cheaper than most of the hotels in the area, and the room was very clean, the flat screen tv was crystal clear, and I've never slept as well as I did there, except in higher priced hotels. Check out was a breeze, with the same clerk as the afternoon before. All in all, a great stay and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
We really appreciate your review! I am thrilled that you highlighted our transition from Jameson Inn to Baymont Inn as we are forging new heights as a Wyndham property. Our team strives for excellence without exceptions. We believe that our guests are our ultimate priority. I am glad that you had a great stay!

Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you “home” soon!

Cleveland, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't really complain. What I received was equal to my payment. The front desk staff was friendly. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. I was more impressed with this facility than either the Comfort Suites or Sleep Inn in Albany.

Be advised: Construction companies also seek affordable lodging for their employees. If you stay here during the week, you will likely have construction workers nearby.

Room Tip: They do have down-and-outs, so reserve a first floor room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We really appreciate your review! We are so happy you could stay with us. I am a huge proponent of hometown hospitality and courteous customer service. I am so happy you experienced our staff, clean rooms, and comfortable beds! If you are ever in the area again, I look forward to welcoming you back to Baymont Albany!

Yours in Hospitality,

(229) 432-2308 fax

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Albany? Share your experiences!