“very decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Sugar Land, Texas
“very decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a good stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and simple. The hotel staff was great...very accomodating and helpful. My only complaint is that the internet is very weak and almost unusable after 5pm when the hotel begins to fill up. I also didn't appreciate the motorcycles and 4 wheelers riding up and down the road behind the hotel every morning from the local shop. i would stay there again

Room Tip: stay on the North side of the hotel away from the parking lot to avoid the loud 4 wheelers and motor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Marianna, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were guests at this hotel this past week (2 nights) and the accommodations were very nice! Beautiful lobby area and convenient to local restaurants and shopping!! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and eager to assist you. Our room was very nice and CLEAN!! and we didn't have any unnecessary noises or disturbances at all!! Would definitely visit with hotel again should we be in the area overnight!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel whenever we visit our daughter in Albany. It is everything you would expect from a Marriott property, including cleanliness, decent food (breakfast only served) and very friendly staff. Our daughter is there on a bi-weekly basis and stays there as well. Everyone knows her by name there and pretty much treats her as family. It is much appreciated by her parents.

Room Tip: Some rooms have mini-fridge and microwave. If you need these, be sure to ask.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joppa, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Albany GA for one night with my family. Around 10pm it sounded like a stable of horses was upstairs over us. I called the front desk twice and eventually threatened to call law enforcement; noise stopped around 11:35pm. 7:30am the next morning, the horses started up again. Noticed a back-up from drain in the tub that prevented showers in the morning; lucky we all took showers the night before. I posted this comment on the Courtyards FB page and surprisingly received a response from a supervisor who stated that the manager went to speak with the noise-makers but they were sleep. If the parents were sleep, the kids must have been making the noise. I will never stay at the Courtyard Marriott again anywhere and advise my family and friends to do the same!

Room Tip: The floors seem to be poorly structured and I would recommend staying on the top floors
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties when I travel. My grade on this is really a 3.5. It is not a top tier Courtyard, but sure isn't at the bottom. This Courtyard has had some of the facelift, but not all. It still is a good property and the location is convenient. I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Milledgeville Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My son and I stayed at the hotel during the state baseball tournment. The hotel was very nice . The rooms were clean and the beds were great. I was overall pleased with the stay.
I called to make sure the hotel had rooms that night and was told they did and given a price. At checkin I was given a lower price and the guy was very helpful.
The Courtyard is a smokefree hotel as I think all hotels should be. This being said our room reaped of stale smoke covered up with some type of spray. I should have changed rooms but it was late and we were beat. My thinking is, it is the guest at fault as much as the hotel. No smoking means No smoking!
Now, the location of the hotel is the reason we stayed there. Albany has some areas that you don't want to travel around in no less spend the night. For an example , the Hilton is in the older part of town and it looks like a prison with wire and gates.
The Courtyard is just off the highway on a deadend street. There are several places to eat nearby. We had a great steak and the Longhorns and breakfast at the Ihop.
I do want to thank the Albany Rec Dept. for hosting and doing a great job with the tournment.
We had a blast!
P.S.
Go to the mall and stop at the petshop there. I t is the only petshop I have ever seen with pitbull pups for sale. Hmmmmmmmmmm
DawgTrip

Room Tip: Second floor rooms seem to have less hall noise. Get away fron the lobby and pool area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I had to spend a few weeks in Albany for work back in December. Spent a couple of those weeks at the Albany CY. Not a bad hotel, clean, etc. Has not been renovated (lobby or rooms) like some other Courtyards I've stayed at recently. Still, for Albany, this is probably one of the best options in town. There really isn't a whole lot going on in Albany.

Check-In: The front-desk staff at the hotel is quite pleasant and welcoming. The first week I was in town, I arrived early and was able to check in and drop off my stuff before heading out for the afternoon. Front desk was also able and ready to provide restaurant recommendations for the surrounding area. Found this helpful, as it was my first time in Albany.

Room was standard Courtyard - one king bed, work desk, pull-out sofa, etc. Clean and neat, but furniture seemed a bit dated and worn. Wireless internet available, though it was rather slow in the evening hours. I've been running into this problem quite often lately.

Location was great by Albany standards. Near the mall and a variety of dining/shopping options. Mostly chains, but at least you know what you're getting. They did recommend a couple of local restaurants, but when I attempted to try one, it was closed for a private holiday party. Oh well.

Never had a chance to check out the pool or fitness area while I stayed here. Will stay here again, or at the Fairfield, if I'm back in Albany...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business