“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Merry Acres Inn

You added Merry Acres Inn to your Saves list
Merry Acres Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Dawson Road, Albany, GA 31707 (Formerly Quality Inn Merry Acres)   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Charleston, SC
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

I stayed at Merry Acres for 1 night on a business trip while traveling through Albany, GA. I only paid $59 + tax for 1 night. The front desk was quick and courteous. The room and grounds were very clean and well kept. The free internet was fast and worked great. The free hot breakfast was an actual buffet with eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, etc. While this is still a motel, you won't be able to find a better room for your money. If you need a clean room with high speed internet, and free breakfast, this is your place.

• Liked — Clean, Great Value
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
fort lauderdle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

The hotel was nice, hot breakfast buffet was good, staff people friendly. My family was there Oct.2- 6. First time there and last time, customer service need help treated rudely.

• Disliked — customer service staff treated me rudely, offended how we were treated
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

After reading the reviews, you never know what to expect. Since we were traveling with our dog (and two toddlers), we needed a pet friendly place.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the front desk by the manager, and subject of a previous tripadvisor reviewer's complaint, Celeste. (I felt like we were meeting a celebrity because I recognized her name from this site reviews! I was amused).

Anyway, being leery of the place because of the mixed reviews, I asked if I could see a room before I booked one. She happily gave me a key to an empty room and sent us on our way to investigate. I found the room to be spotlessly clean and directly across from the property's restaurant.

Upon return to the desk, I registered and found Celeste to be extremely friendly and helpful. She printed us directions to a few area attractions we had inquired about and made some food recommendations.

I told her about the TripAdvisor review mentioning her and we both had a good chuckle over it after she explained the circumstances.

Anyway, as far as the hotel goes - We had two double beds and a clean bathroom. The A/C worked properly and quietly. The TV worked properly, beds comfortable, etc. There was nothing to complain about. We were directly across from the free breakfast.

The breakfast was staffed by two attendants and was extremely clean and well stocked. Typical breakfast fare: Scrambled eggs, sausage (links and patties), biscuits, gravy, bacon, yogurt, cereal, waffles, milk, juice, coffee, danish, toast, bagels and cream cheese and a little more. For free, this was about the best hotel breakfast we've had.

Checkout was equally smooth, again assisted by Celeste.

Our only complaint was that it rained all night. I had to walk the dog around 12:30AM and got soaked. I blame this primarily on Celeste.

We'll stay here again if we return to Albany.

• Liked — Rate, Pet Friendly, Clean, Breakfast, Free Internet, Service, Location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Originally was placed at a ghetto motel in Albany, so this reservation was made 5:30 the day of.
The booking agent/CSR was absolutely a gem and I wish I remembered her name (older lady with glasses and soft voice). She quoted a $59/night rate and we sped over there. Check-in easy and simple!! And she gave me a few tips about the area.

Room was clean and what to be expected at 60/nt. We're normally in 3.5-4.5 star hotels/resorts, so this Inn didn't make us do cartwheels, but the accommodations didn't disappoint.

BUT the bad part-- About 7:30am the next morning on NEW YEARS DAY, the people next door decided to park their car for45 mins...each time the door banging shut...probably in excess of 20 times within first 20 mins. We thought it go away but didn't. Made a call over to the front desk and the CSR was an absolute grouch. She was very short with only "ok...what do you want me to do" or "i'll only call over there". BTW, we're already awake! I kept my cool thinking hey maybe an apology, etc, but NOPE. Got her name, Celeste, and let her know to just forget about it after she copped an attitude like "what do you want me to do about it".

We quickly packed up and on the way out stopped to speak to a Manager. Apparently, Celeste was the only person working and a manager! (Haha...made me laugh within at this point).

She had an attitude at this point and absolutely rude to me (which my fiance was quietly present to witness). We were accused of having a dog (which she said the people next door complained of). She even had the audacity to say I was getting angry at her. So I got the card for the GM, because at this point it felt like I was dealing with a temperamental child rather than a customer service agent. FINALLY, to take the cake-- Walked outside behind us to 'go to her car' probably to see if we actually had an animal WHICH WE DID NOT!!

Hate to say that one person can make a whole chain banned from your list of options-- But we will have to stick to our normal chain hotels, b/c CUSTOMER SERVICE from 1 person was non-existent.

A comp/refund was NOT NEEDED or EXPECTED-- simply an apology or explanation as to why in a 30% occupied motel were we put right next to someone!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
arpita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

I travel A lot ...and I have never been to Hotel like this before.Clean and best service you could get.The staff is very polite and helpful .The breakfast was the best ,Definately staying there again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

Enjoy the happy hour on tuesday and Wenesday. Excellent Breakfast also. Rooms are drive up to the door and could use some rennovation.

Stayed May 2007
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

I travel 4-5 times a year and I was really impressed with the polite and friendly staff. The hot breakfast buffet was hot and fresh. I saw nothing shabby about this hotel. I preferred it because it was more private and not as busy as a larger hotel and the price was very affordable. My room was very clean. I would definitely visit again.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Merry Acres Inn? Share your experiences!