“Wedding Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Merry Acres Inn

Save Saved
You added Merry Acres Inn to your Saves list
Merry Acres Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Dawson Road, Albany, GA 31707 (Formerly Quality Inn Merry Acres)   |
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Albany
Selma,Alabama
“Wedding Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here while on a visit to Albany for a wedding. It's an old fashioned drive in motel with updated rooms (hardwood floors, nice beds). The pool and common ares were nice. We liked the hospitality suite on the second floor of the main building- it was fun sitting outside on the balcony with the group. The room was very reasonably priced. Friendly staff. A slight drawback is the walls are a little thin. Overall, a very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool and the main building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cordele, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We chose to spend last New Year's Eve at Merry Acres because they have a shuttle for their guests. No worries about drinking and driving. We somehow ended up with a double size room up near the check-in. Huge! A very nice room, however due to it's size an area rug on the beautiful hardwood floor would have made it feel more cozy. I agree with one other reviewer that the bathroom, particularly the tub/shower, was quite small, however it was clean. The bed slept like a dream. They have an adorable little pub up front. Very friendly bartender and a creative mixologist as well. We had a great time in there when we returned from our NYE party. I'd say one of the better options for accommodations in Albany unless you like the standard, generic chain hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Older facility however the room was nicec and clean with required amenities. What I liked best was the location was not far from the civic center. It was also near local resturants and there was a resturant on site. The Breakfast included with the stay was fair for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

As a former resident of the great city of Albany,GA I had always heard great things about Merry Acres Inn. I travel all over the united states and abroad often. I typically stay at either a Hilton or a Marriott branded hotel. This past weekend I had a last minute trip back to Albany, and completely forgot to make reservations for a Saturday night stay in Albany. I called my Marriott rewards desk and they were unable to find me accommodations that were with in my request. I then called my Hilton honors desk. They were able to secure a room at the Hilton Garden downtown Albany. Upon my arrival to the Hilton I was checked into what they called a vacant ready room, it was no where near clean! I immediately checked out and called Merry Acres, as it was really my last option for nice accommodations. To my surprise Sandy the director of sales was more than accommodating and secured a room for me and my partner at a very reasonable rate! The room was fantastic the staff was outstanding right down to the pub for a few cocktails we went. Once again an excellent bartender awaited are arrival and made us feel like we were not just a guest but family! What a feeling! The next morning breakfast was excellent and the outstanding experience continued with great staff! Upon our departure Kathy the GM thanked us for our business! What an amazing experience! In all my travels an experience like this is far and between. Thank you to all the Staff at Merry Acres when I am in Albany I know right where I will stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here the same weekend the Shriners were in town. It wasn't my first choice initially, but having stayed here - this is my go to in Albany. Don't let the exterior fool you, while its definitely 1950s motel on the outside; its one of the more modern interiors I've stayed in in a while. My only complaint was the breakfast was rather lackluster.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alabaster, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This property is much prettier than we expected. There is a lot of landscaping and the grounds look very nice, even when we were there in December. Most of the rooms are set back away from the street. There are no interior corridors, you drive to your room and park outside your door. We had a king bed with a sofa in the room and everything was clean. There was a problem with the heating unit but the maintenance man came right away and replaced it with a new one. To get to the free breakfast you have to go outside to a different building but the buffet there was good. I have no problem recommending this to other travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back unit are quieter but farther from the breakfast room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Being a native of Albany, I am glad to see Merry Acres is back under the control of people who care about the history of the property. I was impressed with everything that had been done to the hotel, as were the other members of our party who had never been to Albany before.

Pros:
- Appearance and upkeep
- Staff
- Comfortable beds
- Breakfast buffet

Cons:
- Outside entrance rooms
- Small bathroom

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Merry Acres Inn? Share your experiences!