“Southern Cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Takeout
Savannah, Georgia
“Southern Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Good, southern cooking. Great fried chicken. Good service, decent prices. The place could use some renovating. Desserts are average.

Visited April 2013

Tacoma, Washington
“Not as good as I remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I remember liking this place on previous Albany visits. My husband did as well. Both of us felt a bit underwhelmed this past visit. The variety that I remember wasn't there. If you are looking for fried foods, this would be your place. There was baked chicken, but I've had much better elsewhere. It's no longer on our must visit list. I will say the staff was friendly and did keep tabs on our table just fine. That part is worth the visit, but not the food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Albany, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home cooked food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is definitely a home cooked, small town establishment. Service is decent but the food is amazing. Food didn't appear to sit out too long and staff refilled drinks without asking.

Visited January 2013
Georgia
“Not what I was expecting . . .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Ole Times Country Buffet in Warner Robins so we were surprised to find that the food at this location was not appetizing and not very good. The place really needs a good cleaning and painting. I really wanted to like this place because every once in a while, my husband and I do love good country cooking.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ALBANY,GA
“GREASE PIT POSTER CHILD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you like grease this place is for you. Don't get me wrong I am not a health food nut but this place delites in seeing how may ways it can serve grease to you and disguise it as food. If you must do a buffet I would suggest you go to Ryans or Golden Corral. This is the worst of the worst as far as buffets in Albany, GA are concerned.

• Visited October 2012