“Best bbq ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Adairsville, Georgia
“Best bbq ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Characters is the best bbq I've ever had. Pulled pork falls apart. Very busy at lunch so get there early. Average price for bbq. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rock, West Virginia
“Don't EVER eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This eatery was so dirty I actually threw the food away after getting some kind of grit in the first bite. Looking behind the counter I could see why something had gotten in the sandwich (I cringe to wonder what it was i bit into).

Visited November 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best BBQ I have had in Georgia by a mile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went here about a year ago for the first time, and I make the trek to visit about once a month. It is about an hour each way for me, but well worth it.

The pork is just fantastic, the sauce is vinegar based and soaks nicely into the meat. Michael loads it up on the sandwich pretty heavy, so maybe ask for light on the sauce if you aren't into it.

The brisket is outstanding also, and I am a brisket fan, but I have to say the pork is my favorite. The sides are great too, and all homemade.

The prices are awesome. $5 for a sandwich, $1 for a soda, $10 or so for a meat plate with two sides and a slice of cake.

I don't know how anyone could claim this place is dirty. While it is definitely not fancy, I find it to be very clean. The food is worth the wait, it is a one man show, and usually takes about 20-30 minutes to get your order done. I applaud Michael Character's efforts and skills in making the best BBQ around.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude with Crude food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place needs to be leveled! The owner was extremely rude and the food stinks. The place was about the most unsanitary place I've ever seen. He must really think this stuff is great too for the price I paid. I ate a bite or two and threw the rest in the garbage. Money lost is all I can say!

Visited October 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“couldn't believe they called it bbq”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is just a little shack about the size of a bedroom. the place was dirty behind the counter which made me wonder about the safety of the food. One day it was open, the next it was closed. The bbq was dry and nothing special to be sure. don't waste your time!

Visited October 2013