“The worst meal I have had at a Cracker Barrel” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Adairsville
Cuisines: American
Shannon, Georgia, United States
“The worst meal I have had at a Cracker Barrel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned home from our dinner date. I have always loved the food at Cracker Barrel but this time was terrible. I had ordered the breaded catfish platter with mash potatoes, okra, and fried apples. The waiter could not speak and continuously mumbled so we had to ask him several times to repeat himself. By the time we received our food the mash potatoes were cold and the brown gravy was becoming solid, the fried apples were also cold, the okra was fine but when I started on the catfish there was something gooey on it. ( Cat fish is not suppose to be gooey.) Needless to say we are now sitting at home with subway sandwiches for dinner. I am in no way saying Cracker Barrel is bad but this trip was terrible which is not normal for them.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ranger, Georgia
“Calhoun GA CB”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just had dinner at the Cracker Barrel in Calhoun, GA. We have eaten here several times and are yet to be impressed with the food or the service, but it makes a convenient meeting place for us to meet with some friends that pass by there as they drive down I-75. We have dined at several other CB's and find this one to be below par. No problem with getting seated, but we had a good wait for our server to show up and identify themselves. When we finally ordered, the food took a long time to appear and was just not as good as I have had at other CB's, so I know it could be better.

Visited May 2013
“Brenda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant on the way to Florida and returned on the way home. Our first visit on February 28 was unremarkable. The service we received from Brenda this evening, March 7, was outstanding! She attended our needs while cleaning her station and maintaining a pleasant conversation with us. What a jewel! Brandi was there for both visits, such a wonderful smile. She greets you as you enter and is the last to tell you good night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Home Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Tried this place for the first time. It truly is good home cooking. Decent portions with all the trimmings. I know they're famous for the Corn Bread but it could have been a little better. Maybe it was the day I was there....too hard, not very warm and a little bland.
Sorry....I'll still come back and try again though.

Visited October 2012
datona, fl
“good food and people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

what else do ya need. good food and good people. comfortable settings and fire in the background made me feel at home.

Visited January 2013