My wife and I stayed overnight at BG June 22, 2007. It was only about an hour from our house in N. Metro Atlanta, so it was an excellent "jaunt." We got a decent price since we checked in on Sunday evening and only stayed one night, but for $484 we received a night's lodging, dinner (anything on the menu) at the only restaurant that was open at the time (wine was extra), a bottle of wine in our room, king bed, and a couples massage the next day. When you break down the price, you almost couldn't do that piecemeal on your own.
It was hot when we arrived, but a brief rain shower cooled it down a bit. The grounds are beautiful and the ruins of Barnsley "castle" were interesting. Bring your walking shoes because there are 12.5 miles of trails, a lot of it gardens, that you can casually meander. Pets are welcome for a $75 p/day charge and we saw lots of people we two large dogs with them. The lodging consists of nice little cottages, with all the amenities (sinks, coffee pots, sat. tv., large tub, small refrigerator, cd player). It really was a home away from home.
We didn't play the golf course, but it looked beautiful and wide open for those of us who...um...slice or hook off the tee. There is also a small bocce and crocket area for an after-dinner game with your family.
If you're looking for a place that you can stay onsite and just relax, BG is the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Garden
- Barnsley Gardens Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting of incomparable service. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites to choose from, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include gourmet dining, an award winning spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf, a 15 station sporting clays course and hunting at SpringBank Plantation - Georgia's most unique hunting preserve, and horseback riding along scenic trails. Other amenities include hiking, biking, paintball, Frisbee golf, tennis, swimming, fishing, garden tours, historical museum and more. Opportunities to explore the immaculate gardens and historic ruins should not be missed during your visit to this one-of-a-kind resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Fareportal and Hotels.com so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.