“Friendliest Hotel I think I have ever been to.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Best Available Rate
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendliest Hotel I think I have ever been to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure. While I did not get to stay as long as I would have liked I experienced enough to want to go back. I visited recently for a business meeting. I had traveled a number of hours from Phoenix and arrived at the hotel around 9:30 PM. From the guy at the entry gate to the bellman, friendly folks. As I was walking into my room the bellman asked if I had eaten dinner and I said I had not, before I knew it he was calling the front desk to keep the restaurant open until I get there and eat as they usually close at 10. I got a salad to go as I was feeling guilty and quite frankly they seemed like they would have stayed as long as I liked polite all the way. The room was comfortable well furnished with a lot of thoughtful touches. I noticed someone else complained about cell service, I am with Verizon, it worked fine and the wifi in the room was great. Worth the hour and a half drive from Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I rented an arbor cottage for an overnight stay in the Atlanta area earlier this month.. We both travel extensively for work and for fun, and Barnsley exceeded our expectations. The staff was outstanding - their attentive and charming service was Southern hospitality at its finest! The grounds are beautiful and impeccably maintained and the history of the resort is quite interesting. The cottage was decorated perfectly (think English countryside cottage) and the fireplace (with an ample supply of wood) made for a perfect ending to the day. The wine helped too! We have already talked to some friends about Barnsley Resort and are planning to return in the fall with two or three other couples. Also, we had no problem with cell phone coverage....AT&T and Verizon. On a scale of 1- 10, this was a 12. My husband and I are not easily impressed....Barnsley Resort raised the bar! Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stopped here for a night on our way to Florida...what a great place to relax and rejuvenate! We got a few dollars off our stay from the Southern Living Hotel Collection Facebook page and thought we would give it a shot. The rooms are quaint and have a fancy rustic vibe. The tub was very nice, and it was great to fall asleep to a real fireplace and the spa music they had playing on the tv when we arrived. We stayed just before everything began to bloom, so we missed the full beauty of the land, but it was nice none the less. Great recommendation for families traveling to Disney World from the Midwest because it is a good stopping point and will give the family a chance to mix up the vacation.

Room Tip: Any cottage would be great, resort is set up like a villiage.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I could not enjoy or relax during the stay because of the lack of cell coverage. It is nonexistent. Zilch. Staff not very helpful or concerned. Having college aged children and an elderly parent that depends on our support, not having basic cell service coverage is detrimental. This lack of communication availability should be fully disclosed. I would not have stayed knowing this piece of information.

• Stayed April 2014
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We decided to end our 2 week southern states adventure by staying at Barnsley Resort. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeting upon check-in . We were then turned over to Gene, who personally escorted is to our cabin. We were treated to wine and a personal tour of the resort in his golf cart. The stay only got better as the three days went by. This resort is a magical, tranquil place that restores your inner spirit. Loved it.
We would highly recommend this resort.p

Room Tip: Check the cabins out. Privacy. Fireplaces. Room service delivered.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We found this place few years ago and have been back three more times. Going back again this summer. There is no bad time of year to go here. Gorgeous grounds, great food, great hiking, fishing, golf, hunting, horseback. I could go on and on. Check out the website. It shows you everything. I love this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I took my wife to Barnsley Resort for or anniversary and dined at the Woodlands Grill for our "anniversary meal". Our server Tripp Ross went way out of his way to make sure our special evening was "over-the-top". I had the filet which was prepared to perfection and my wife had the scallops which the presentation was absolutely beautiful! Definitely try the lobster tail and jalapeno poppers appetizers before your meal. The service from Tripp was so personable and professional as he made us feel like we were his only table and had his undivided attention even though we saw him taking care of his other guests the same way. This was such a very memorable evening.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Adairsville
Magnuson Hotel Countryside
#5 of 5 in Adairsville
3.5 of 5 stars 40 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun

Been to Barnsley Resort? Share your experiences!