Had a work retreat over the weekend, 5 couples. Well appointed for this type of thing. Something to do for everyone (short term).
The spa is small and I had low expectations; however, I've had my fair share of treatments all over the world and had the best facial ever with Sherri Shelley. My friend had a hot stone massage and also said it was the best she's ever had. Highly recommend the spa.
Food at Woodlands Grill. I definitely recommend this restaurant before Rice House. Try the fried green beans!
The rooms. Our room 1810 had bedroom, living room, separate toilet, bathroom (clawfoot tub and shower) and front and back porch. Lots of space for the price. Bed was SUPER comfortable. Like the Thymes products too.
Service was disapointing in the restaurants and horrible in the Beer Garden and we had to complain. I think there were trying, perhaps just lack of training or short staffed. Still, you are paying resort prices you have high expectations. Room for improvement here.
No TV in the bedroom (only in LR) which was a minor inconvenience. Just love to watch TV in bed on vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting of incomparable service. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites to choose from, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include gourmet dining, an award winning spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf, a 15 station sporting clays course and hunting at SpringBank Plantation - Georgia's most unique hunting preserve, and horseback riding along scenic trails. Other amenities include hiking, biking, paintball, Frisbee golf, tennis, swimming, fishing, garden tours, historical museum and more. Opportunities to explore the immaculate gardens and historic ruins should not be missed during your visit to this one-of-a-kind resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity and TravelClick so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort