“Transcendent Ooh La La” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“Transcendent Ooh La La”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have gone to Henry's for over a year now and really love this place. What a treat. I have had the Shrimp Po'Boy - excellent - and many of the specials-- all good. The food is best food around. Today a friend convinced me to try the Ooh La La. I have never had such a transcendent experience. It is everything to comfort your soul and raise your spirits! Totally a plate of love. I think I might not be able to sample anything else on the menu from now on. Warning - the portion is quite large so go hungry. Service is always good, they are always crowded although this is not a place quiet enough for a luncheon chat. Go an enjoy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Best Place in Acworth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is hands-down the best place in Acworth. I have only been to a few Cajun resturaunts, but Henry's has the best gumbo I've had (including homemade gumbo when visiting LA).

The atmosphere is great and Chef Henry always makes rounds to make sure you enjoy your food. I've heard him say, "if you don't like what we made, I will go make you something you will like."

Great Abita beer on-tap and a cool nighttime bar upstairs.

Franklin, North Carolina
“Great Louisiana food in Historic Acworth, GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

the food and staff at this one-of-a-kind restaurant is wonderful. Their cajun food is the best as it gets. I had the fried catfish with spicy cheese grits with Henry's crawfish cream sauce. If you like this type of food, this is the place for you. I also had a salad with chipotle honey mustard dressing which was very good too. My wife had the blackened chicken which was also good. Chef Henry was at the restaurant the day we were there. Whenever we come back to this area, we will definitly eat here again.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Cannot get enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been to Henry's Louisiana Grill several times over the last couple years. I love the place. I love the people and most of all, I love the food. If you are going for lunch you better get there before noon or you will be waiting for a table. My mother-in-law is a healthy eating vegetarian. She never eats much fat or any meat. She did at Henry's. She will be good all year so she can have Henry's when she comes to visit. I have been with coworkers, family and romantic couples night out. I have never been disappointed.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Our SPECIAL place - make it yours, too! Wonderful Cajun Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Henry's is where we went to celebrate our marriage...and every anniversary since then! It is a happy, upbeat place and the food just can't be beat. We usually go early to beat the crowds.
Henry's is located in downtown Acworth in an old building that has been partially renovated, but kept many of the old features, like the wooden floor and ceiling tiles. Henry usually greets customers with a smile and Mardi Gras beads for the ladies. But the best part - thankfully - is the food! We have tried many of the menu items and have never been disappointed with any. Henry 'kicks it up a notch' with the best of them. From the Louisiana Ooh La La to the Creme Brulee, every item is delectable and carries Henry's signature flavors. Don't miss out on this dining experience! I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Visited November 2012