“Nice local place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Acworth, Georgia, United States
“Nice local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Had dinner with my wife tonight. Sat on the patio which was very comfortable and quiet..The wait staff was attentive and delivered our chips and drinks quickly. We order combination entrees. The food tasted great and the portion sizes were generous. The drinks were good and the music from inside wasn't bothersome. The prices were what you'd expect for mexican and reasonable. We'll be back again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Acworth, Georgia, United States
“#1 in Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We love Rico's - lunch menu on Sat until 3! Great deal for the family. Mexican is a family favorite and Rico's is our first choice. Its small but they always seem to have enough room for all.

Visited March 2014
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Pure disappointment!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I really don't know what to say about this place. It's a very small place. Not very fancy. I walked inside and the first thing I noticed was the fact that EVERYONE was wearing coats. Well, we sit down, and I quickly realize why there coats are on but I tell my wife, it will probably warm up in a few minutes. Hahaha it only got colder. Did I mention that my waitress had on a Eskimo coat!!! Anyhow, I get my order and it's COMPLETELY wrong... But, after sitting there FREEZING for awhile, I was just glad to have warm food in front of me. So, I ate it. It was actually EXCELLENT FOOD. I've been told by several of there EX customers that this place has really gone down hill over the past year or so.... The restaurant itself is just not appealing to the eye at all.... Kinda reminds me of those old barbecue shacks where u throw your peanut shells on the floor. So..... Use your own judgement when thinking about going there.... The food is great but you may leave with frostbite... That is why I can only give it 2stars at best.......This is the 2nd restaurant in 2weeks without heat!!!!!

Visited January 2014
Kennesaw, Georgia
“High hopes but just alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Glad I didn't see the C health dept rating before I ate! I heard this place had great food and low prices but I was disappointed.

The restaurant is small and not real visually appealing. The wall by us had sloppy patchwork done on it and touch up paint in spots that was a different shade of purple.

My man and I kept our winter coats on the whole time as the restaurant was cold. I got the veggie quesadilla as it was one of the few vegetarian options on the lunch menu. It actually arrived in just a folded tortilla, not a usual quesadilla.

My guy ordered the lunch #1 which was a cheese enchilada and a bean burrito but when it was delivered it was 2 beef burritos! That was my other option! If I ordered that I would have had to sent it back. He ate it because he said it was good but he was really wanting a burrito and cheese enchilada!

Well, I had to try it out. Sorry, La Bamba, for cheating on you!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Acworth, Georgia
“Used to be our favorite...what has happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

When this place opened it quickly became our favorte! Fresh and perfect simple fare. Not your normal canned beans and packaged rice. Not the usual chile relleno mush on a plate. Serioulsy. We LOVED this place! Then, about a month ago, we went and ordered our usual and it was not good. Meaning, it was just like every other box Mexican place. The beans were actually dry and the rice tasted like it came out of a microwave package with no depth of flavor like it did before. The chile relleno was a great disappointment. It was like a scoop of mush plopped on the plate and inside was a sliver of a piece of bell pepper. What happened to the poblanos? We were so disappointed. Waited a few weeks and went back. This time the beans weren't dry but everything else was like the last visit except this time a sliver of bell pepper was on top of the chile relleno. Have they changed ownership? Not sure I wan't to try again but honestly, we had probably been there 20 times before and always loved it!

• Visited December 2013