“Nice place- unique food, not just "bar food"” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 102 restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: American
Acworth, Georgia
“Nice place- unique food, not just "bar food"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

They have your standard wings and things but also have some unique foods like shrimp burgers, chicken salad (served uniquely) etc. Worth a try. Tuesday nights is TRIVIA, lots of fun.

• Visited February 2013

90% Recommend
“Great potential, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I really like the location and potential of this place but I have never had above average service in three separate visits.

The beer and food is decent and I really hope that they can improve the service.

I will give them another chance and hopefully things will improve. If so, I will update or write a new review.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Acworth, Georgia
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have been in several times for lunch. The food is good although the service can be a tad slow (not terribly slow, just a little). I particularly enjoy the turkey burger and the handmade potato chips. They have a full bar and other activities at night, but I have never been in other than lunch. All in all, a great place for a quiet lunch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“A GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love this place--the staff is always more than willing to make its customers happy, and the drinks never disappoint. The atmosphere is low key enough to sit and have drinks with friends although you can also head to a lounge area with a big screen television, some comfortable couches and a cool selection of games (Beer Pong!). Usually, weekends also have a live band. The place has an old school feel, something that you don't get nowadays in the world of bars. And, have I mentioned the food? The best food that you will ever find in a bar (maybe even a restaurant)--the buffalo shrimp is to die for as are the french fries and the nachos. To be honest, I've had a ton of stuff on the menu, and I always believe that what I am eating that day is now my favorite dish. Even better, the kitchen stays open late--2 AM, I think, on weekends. Lots of people head to nearby Henry's Louisiana Grill for a great dining experience in Acworth, but don't make that mistake--Center Street is the place to go. If you want an intimate, authentic bar experience--head to Acworth and head to Center Street Tavern. That's where I take my friends who are looking for something different and fun.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I eat here a couple times a week - I love to try something different on the menu each time I go, but my husband is a die-hard Reuben sandwich guy! He LOVES their Reuben - stacked high with mouth-watering corned-beef! My favorite is the salmon - I've had it as the main entree for dinner and in the spinach/strawberry salad - the fish literally melts in your mouth. But save room for dessert - the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream makes you wish you'd started with dessert first. YUM!!! And the presentation is fantastic!!
My hubby also plays Texas Hold-em here every Monday night and has a lot of FUN! This is a great place to grab a bite or just relax after a long day with a cold beer. Everyone's friendly!

• Visited November 2012