“Great food and value” 4 of 5 stars

Description: 863.453.1818
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Great food and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We ate at Eighteen East twice during our Florida stay, Avon Park doesn't have that many choices! This is a popular neighborhood spot with typical fare of great sandwiches, nachos, fish tacos etc. When the place fills up, service can be a little slower, but waiters are consistently friendly. Value was great as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I have been there twice and the food and service were both great. Cozy atmosphere with entertainment. Very reasonable prices for the quality food.

Avon Park, Florida
“A Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Recently visiting friends wanted to take us out for dinner. We recommended Eighteen East but the results were embarrassing. The service was slow ( apparently short handed ) Our orders were mixed up and some items were missing. A steak ordered medium was sent back and returned charred but still rare. The entertainment was loud and vibrated from the brick wall. The owner passed us off when we complained twice. In past visits I put up with the obnoxious owner who couldn't take a hint to get lost because the steaks are the best. But you can be assured that we will never be back and never recommend this restaurant again!

Visited March 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Consistently awful service, decent food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have been there 5 or 6 times. Only once did we receive good service. Mostly recently, we went on a busy Friday. We only had to wait for them to clear a table. The waitress pointed in the direction of the clean table once it was ready. There were 2 waitresses on duty, but 1 was doing double duty as the bartender. One of them took our drink and dinner order at the same time and she seemed very frantic. Food came, no one checked on us at any point or offered us another round of drinks (my husband had beer, I had wine) or refilled our waters. By the time we were done eating I was so annoyed I just wanted to leave. My husband tried to hand his credit card to the waitress and she walked right by even though her hands were empty and she had made eye contact. She proceeded to walk by TWO MORE TIMES WITH EMPTY HANDS and completely ignore us.
It is very loud, which I don't mind. The food was hot, which is a rarity at a restaurant these days, but we this was their last chance. We will not be back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
avon park
“All about the money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently I had guests from up north come for a visit and after a very long day making dinner was not in my plans. So decided to go to 18 east. What a mistake! Upon arriving, we were seated quickly and then sat for 10 minutes as the 4 servers were busy aruging with each other. When 1 finally came back and took our drink order,we asked about the specials and were told that sandwiches was the way to go. So 2 of us ordered the prime rib wraps, 1 ordered a burger done medium and i wanted a pizza. After almost 30 minutes, are food came out and it was cold,the burger was rare, the wraps had just a few pieces of prime rib and it was all fatty, the pizza was small and unappealing. When we complained,the server went to the kitchen and got the owner David who was the cook. He was very rude and told us that's how he makes and no one else complained so just deal with! We each had a slice of my pizza and asked for our bill. $71.00 for what! We complained and David come out and said and get out and don't come back...well, dont worry we wont! Not recommended at all!

• Visited February 2014