“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 92 Restaurants in Aventura
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 207th Ave.
Transit: 3 and 93 bus stop
Miami
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I ordered half dozen of "facturas" to go.
When I got home I discovered there was 4 "facturas", 1 "bizcocho" and 1 "canioncito" in the box.
I called immediately to let them know about the mistake and to my surprise, his answer was: "You should be more clear next time".
I told the person his answer was not professional an there was a silence on his side (I think he knew he was wrong), but no apology was made.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Aventura, Florida
“Just go there because the alfajor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Its a deli, not a restaurant, they have some argentine groceries, cakes, empanadas, alfajores, coffee, and some dishes. The place is clean but the service is a little messy, and the cakes are not always fresh.
I just keep going there because their alfajores that are just my favorites.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“This is a self-serve deli and not a restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our friends asked us to meet them at this eatery in Aventura, as they heard it was very good. The place looked more like a deli and not a restaurant and even though there were a few tables, there was no one to great you or to give you a menu.The establishment is clean and very attractively set up. There is the bakery area with fabulous looking desserts and cakes, an empanada section, a coffee section, a fresh meat and cold cut section, wine and juice section, refrigerated cases for sodas and juices and assorted argentinian products.
We waited and waited for someone to give us a menu and decided to approach the counter for assistance, where we were told that it is all self-serve. One orders the food and drink, pays for it at the register, then picks it up or it is brought to you at the table if it is something that has to be cooked to order. When we asked for a glass of water to start with, we were guided to a container of water with a spigot and plastic cups high up on the counter that were placed in an awkward position, that one has to be as tall as a basketball player in order to reach it. With a lot of trouble we finally got to it, but it was room temperature and not pleasant.
We had to go to the counter to order the empanadas to start with, as we figured it would serve as a good apetizer while the other food was being prepared. They were great! We had the four cheese and the steak empanadas and they were the best we have had in a long time. They were crunchy, tasty and fabulous!
Yes, we had to go to the back of the store to get our own juices and sodas from the refrigerated case and that was more of an inconvenience. We had to get up again to go to the counter to order our diner entrees. We ordered the entrana or skirt steak with white rice, which was highly seasoned not in a good way and the tiny portion of white rice was terrible. The sweet breads or mollejas were charred and full of grizzle and the french fries that came with it were greasy, oily and overcooked to the point of tasting like wood. On the other hand, the lomo or beef tenderloin with a mixed baby green salad looked and tasted really flavorful and delicious.
By this time we needed something to mask the taste of the food , so we ordered a slice of cake to share. This was spectacular! Light merengue on the outside with cream, fruits and a layer of dulce de leche on the inside, all in perfect harmony and balance. The coffee aroma was equally enticing, but we had an engagement elsewhere, thus had to leave without ordering any for we would have had to stand in line again at the counter, then the register, etc.
How would we rate this establishment? A great place to shop for argentinian products, to get a snack, enjoy a great slice of cake or pastry before or after going somewhere else. As for value, the empanadas and cake were well worth it, as for the steaks and side dishes,they were a total waste. All in all, we would go back again for the empanadas, the pastries and the argentinian products when and if we are in the area.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LINCOLN
“A bit of Argentina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My first visit and we just had empenadas to go but I wish I had had time to really eat there --or to shop there for that matter as they have a full service meat market and deli specializing in Argentinian cuts of meats and olive oils and things. There are a few tables to eat at and everything was busy...people were enjoying themselves and the place has a friendly and authenitic feel to it.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Would definitely go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went here after a living social deal was emailed to me. My husband is from Argentina and we are always looking for places to find authentic foods and wines from there. We usually drive to a similar place other place in Coral Gables but figured lets try this since its closer. Well, I'm glad we did. Don't get me wrong I still like the other place better but this one is a very close second. The parking is alittle tough and there really isnt any overflow parking close by. We walked in and the place was crowded (but not overly crowded) which was a good sign. We walked through the market first to see what we would like to purchase and then sat and ordered lunch...just a few empenadas. They were very good. Ordered chicken, meat and ham and cheese. All were tasty. Wanted to try the sandwiches de migas but we were full from the empenadas. I guess next time we will. Purchased a box of alfajores from the market which were ok, I've had better, but nothing compares to HAVANNA Alfajores but those are extremly difficult to find here in the states. Also, purchased a bottle of Malbec. The steaks and chorizos look very fresh and I would definitely come back here for some. Enjoy!!

• Visited February 2012