“Great hotel rooms and location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
“Great hotel rooms and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Courtyard for one night and booked the Aventura mall package advertised on their website. We figured it was worth it since the hotel is close to the mall. I will start with the negative because it wasn't that big of a deal. When we checked in the front desk staff member didn't seem to know anything about the package (includes discount card for mall, free valet at the mall, a bag, breakfast for two at the bistro on site), we recieved the discount card after asking and that was it.
We eventually had to ask about the package a couple times to different front desk staff to get it squared away.

The room was great! Clean, roomy, modern. We had a king size bed and pull out couch in the room. There were Paul Mitchell hair cleaning products available, mini fridge, and coffee maker. The fitness center was well stocked with equipment and the lobby was very modern and chic. We ordered food from the bistro late one night and the gentleman working was pleasant and packed our food for us to take to our room.

The included breakfast with our rate was convenient and came out hot and it came with coffee (which we opted not to have and instead ordered Starbucks coffee for an extra price). The starbucks coffee came out half empty though for some reason but was still good.

I would definitely stay here again but not with the package we booked.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Nice Courtyard close to Mall. Typical rooms and décor. Had mini cupcakes instead of cookies so that was a nice touch. Location was very close to the mall but traffic in that area is awful. Also was quite busy and there was lots of noise during the day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We vacationed in Miami Beach several times this summer. With the high cost of luxury hotels in South Beach, we chose to stay here the nights of our travels. no need to pay SoBe prices at 2am.
very clean and close to South Beach

Room Tip: high floor no views in any room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I travel here for business every few months. It still amazes me that they remember my name upon arrival and throughout the trip. The rooms are always clean and everything works for me as a business traveler. This hotel is located close to a lot of tourist type locations with a lot to do and see. However, the hotel is quite and very good for even the business traveler you wants to be near the center of it all. Marissa and the entire staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one, and they are very inviting. I will continue to stay here and recommend my employees do the same.

Room Tip: Love the walkout pool area. Nice pool and courtyard area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hallandale Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Property itself is nice. You are near everything. Just a block off US-1 but a very quiet area. Free Parking and Free Internet that had decent speed. Checked in and went to room. First thing the bathroom door would not close. Second there was a layer of dust on all the furniture including the flat screen tv. The coffee in the room was by far the worst coffee I have ever drank. Staff was very helpful though. Being a Marriott Rewards Member I responded to the Front Office Mgr and her 100% Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction email and still have not heard back from her about my issues. I think next time I will try the Residence Inn which is very close by this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I arrived in the late afternoon to find that I had mistakenly booked a two night stay through a discount travel site for the wrong dates. The room was paid for two nights but for the next week. The two ladies at the front desk, Lyne and Manssa, helped me through the process of calling the discount site, cancelling the original reservation, making new reservations;as well as, maintaining my discount.

The were wonderful! The gentleman at the snack bar was also pleasant and accomodating. My room was lovely and the pool was a pleasure. I wish to thank everyone for making my stay enjoyable.

Thanks,

Sherry
Northfield, New Jersey

Room Tip: Staying at or near a high end mall is great for convenience and dining.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times, and the one thing it's had going for it in the past has been the consistency of operation. The rooms are always clean and neat and I know I can count on it being that. Or I thought I could. I was unexpectedly stuck in town an extra night at the last minute and needed a place to stay, so I booked a room late in the day when I realized my flight was not going to happen. It was late, I put my bags in the room, checked in and then left for dinner. I had noticed there was a bit of a musty smell, but in all honesty if I hadn't been so tired it probably would have registered with me to have them move me while I was out to dinner. This is a low for this hotel, and I'm posting this because I still believe that if this is the worst thing that can happen to you on a stay here, you'll still have a nice room in a lovely courtyard in a nice city at a decent price. There are more ammenities at this Courtyard than there are at other Courtyards, it's a nice quiet setting with NO PARKING CHARGE (gasp!) in the Aventura Miami area. The staff is ALWAYS charming, welcoming and helpful. I know they would have changed me to another room (providing there was one available) if I hadn't been too tired to think about it, but there is value in knowing what the worst you can expect of someone.

Room Tip: I typically request a quiet section of the hotel, sometimes that varies by groups staying there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Residence Inn Miami Aventura Mall
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Ave...
#1 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 796 reviews
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#2 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,198 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 508 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Marenas Resort
Marenas Resort
#4 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 954 reviews

Been to Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!