“Good Location, Beautiful Lobby, Room Problems” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Good Location, Beautiful Lobby, Room Problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Property itself is nice. You are near everything. Just a block off US-1 but a very quiet area. Free Parking and Free Internet that had decent speed. Checked in and went to room. First thing the bathroom door would not close. Second there was a layer of dust on all the furniture including the flat screen tv. The coffee in the room was by far the worst coffee I have ever drank. Staff was very helpful though. Being a Marriott Rewards Member I responded to the Front Office Mgr and her 100% Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction email and still have not heard back from her about my issues. I think next time I will try the Residence Inn which is very close by this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Northfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I arrived in the late afternoon to find that I had mistakenly booked a two night stay through a discount travel site for the wrong dates. The room was paid for two nights but for the next week. The two ladies at the front desk, Lyne and Manssa, helped me through the process of calling the discount site, cancelling the original reservation, making new reservations;as well as, maintaining my discount.

The were wonderful! The gentleman at the snack bar was also pleasant and accomodating. My room was lovely and the pool was a pleasure. I wish to thank everyone for making my stay enjoyable.

Thanks,

Sherry
Northfield, New Jersey

Room Tip: Staying at or near a high end mall is great for convenience and dining.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times, and the one thing it's had going for it in the past has been the consistency of operation. The rooms are always clean and neat and I know I can count on it being that. Or I thought I could. I was unexpectedly stuck in town an extra night at the last minute and needed a place to stay, so I booked a room late in the day when I realized my flight was not going to happen. It was late, I put my bags in the room, checked in and then left for dinner. I had noticed there was a bit of a musty smell, but in all honesty if I hadn't been so tired it probably would have registered with me to have them move me while I was out to dinner. This is a low for this hotel, and I'm posting this because I still believe that if this is the worst thing that can happen to you on a stay here, you'll still have a nice room in a lovely courtyard in a nice city at a decent price. There are more ammenities at this Courtyard than there are at other Courtyards, it's a nice quiet setting with NO PARKING CHARGE (gasp!) in the Aventura Miami area. The staff is ALWAYS charming, welcoming and helpful. I know they would have changed me to another room (providing there was one available) if I hadn't been too tired to think about it, but there is value in knowing what the worst you can expect of someone.

Room Tip: I typically request a quiet section of the hotel, sometimes that varies by groups staying there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I expected a certain usual level of quality with Courtyard. I got that and so much more. The staff were genuine and knowledgable. The room was filled with thoughtful touches. They wrap the glasses and sofa bed bedding. (I took comfort in knowing they were cleaned just prior to my use) The renovation is modern and trendy. Prices good and the breakfast was better than some bakeries! I highly recommend.

Room Tip: ask for the suite...you will feel like royalty
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just returned for yet another shopping adventure and I would not stay anywhere else in Adventura. This hotel is not the Ritz but the staff is fantastic....they go out of there way to make your stay fantastic. I would like to make a special mention to Latoya Gordon and Fannie Joyner who went out of there way to make me feel at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be returning very soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Have stayed at this Courtyard several times over the past year. Happily, the renovations are complete. Problems encountered in the past were dealt with quickly & efficiently. The staff goes out of their way to help when needed & it is one of the reasons we keep returning. The beds are Marriott quality & very comfortable. The room is large with a desk, free WiFi & plenty of space to plug in electronics. iHome radio lets you hook up your iPhone or iPod next to the bed. Under counter fridge. Room is well lit so you can read easily in bed, in a chair or at the desk. Small coffee pot in room or free coffee in lobby in a.m. Across the street is a Publix grocery, deli, Italian restaurant & Starbucks so you don't have to eat in hotel. Free parking. Aventura Mall is in walking distance.
Easy access to I-95 is 5 min. away. The Village of Gulfstream Park in Hallandale with horse racing, supposing, restaurants & nightclubs is 5 min..North. The location of this hotel can't be beat.

Room Tip: Have stayed in every wing - all quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I selected this hotel as a mid way point between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Unknown to me, the hotel was undergoing renovations during my stay. When I arrived, I was told the room would be ready in a little while and could I come back. I left my name and number at the counter and was called about 15 minutes later. (what a waste of time to leave and then be summoned back).

The lobby was clean. The carpeting and downstairs was being upgraded which made it difficult to access the parking in the rear of the property.

My room was facing the rear of the building, so I didn't hear the hum of the interstate.

It was clean but the caulking in the tub had a lot of mildew. The duvet cover smelled like raunchy perfume, so I placed it in the closet away from the bedding.

The mattress at this Marriott chain was not as comfortable as others.

I honestly didn't expect too much from this average hotel. The price was very good compared to others in the area.

The location is a three minute walk to a huge mall (Aventura Mall) and about a five minute drive from the interstate. Miami without traffic is about twenty minutes away.

I'd definitely stay here again knowing that the renovations are underway to make this an even better hotel.

Room Tip: I chose an upper floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!