“Nice hotel, okay rooms, good location, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Aventura
Santa Clara, CA
“Nice hotel, okay rooms, good location, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The positive here is there is free parking, and the location is great. They have an okay "coffee bar" type food service with some food, but don't expect a large variety or to eat every meal here. The staff is friendly and nice. I've stayed here several times because of the location, which is close to where I need to go when I am in the area.

The negative experiences I've had here were all due to large groups of older teenagers to young college aged "kids" who were obnoxious, loud, ran down the hallways and in general acted like very loud and very large two year olds. Rude doesn't begin to describe being pushed back INTO the elevator you're trying to exit because there are over 100 "kids" trying to push you back in. I don't think this is the management's fault, but after my complaints nothing was done about it, either.

Since this is never the cheapest Marriott Courtyard around, it's probably not worth it to me to put up with it, but I might go back. I doubt it, as the other places I've stayed since my last visit were much nicer and worth the extra drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from large groups of students
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We wanted to book the Residence Inn to be near the Aventura Mall but it was sold out. We stayed at the Courtyard; a 15min walk to the Aventura Mall (exit through the pool door of the hotel, walk to the left until you reach the highway, turn to the right, after two traffic lights, the mall is on the right).

The hotel has been recently renovated. The rooms and bathrooms are large. However, when we entered the room, the telephone was disconnected (literally, no cords attached to it), but maintenance was there to quickly solve the issue.

There is free WiFi and there are desktops in the lobby available to print boarding passes, etc. There is also a bistro in the lobby with overpriced food.

We were there for one night, after a cruise and before we flew back home. I thought it was a good option for one night if you want to shop at the Aventura Mall or want to be in the Aventura area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pompan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel was amazing, close to the mall, and Luis at the front desk exceeds customer service and guest satifation. He deserves employee of the month, his bright happy gleeming smile and cheerful attitude, I could have wrapped him up and taken him home!

I would recommend Courtyard to anyone staying in Aventura!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed there for 3 days recently while having some business meetings in Miami and I would return for a short vacation. Roomas are spacious, very well equipped and most important Very clean! My room (208) had a direct view on the pool aera and while staying in a city environment you will not feel it at all; very quiet place at night. Great gym equipment also. Very good service for check in & out, Good restaurant for beakfast, good coffee! I recommend strongly...

Room Tip: Any rooms that are facing the garden & poo, aera are just perfect!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Mariott Aventura Mall features spacious rooms,breakfast and is within walking distance to the Aventura Mall, a fantastic mall with a great variety of stores, one of the largest in the US. There are lots of restaurants and coffeeshops and stores as well, in Loehmanns Plaza nearby. Sunny Isles beach is a short drive away and South Beach Miami is approximately 30 min away by car. Recommended for families.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stephen P, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hello Mike, I want to personally thank you for your review. We are glad to know that our hotel and location was accommodating for you and your family. Please let us know the next time you plan a trip to South Florida, as it will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hotel is walking distance to the mall and several strip centers. Lots of restaurants nearby. The outdoor pool is like a mini resort and the gym was nice as well - not the standard closet hotel gym. The staff was also very friendly and helped with local dining options. Great for business but not a lot else nearby in terms of entertainment or bars.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you Deput for your feed back and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you plan another trip to South Florida, please let us know as it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Please stop by our front desk should you return, as we have an array of options for entertainment within minutes of the hotel.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon...
Racine, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

UGH! This place is horrible. Room smelled like it had been a smoking room at one time and hadn't been properly cleaned. The "restaurant" is an abomination - limited food choices and what they had you don't want to eat. I've eaten better meals from street vendors. My organization was there for a meeting, and the hotel was renovating the hallways and the rooms above us. Between the hammering, the saws, and the shop vacs, I couldn't hear myself speak. Management's response - "Gee, sorry - they were supposed to be done 2 weeks ago." Conference room was so cold we had to wear jackets - complained 6 times - no response. Had a buffet banquet with some of the worst food I've ever been served. Skirt steak might have been good if it hadn't sat in a steam table drying out for hours. I've had better beef jerky. Honestly, I had to cut my steak with my Swiss Army knife.

All in all, it was a terrible experience, and management was totally uncooperative. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room is make your reservation somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!