“Regardless of how cheap - don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2825 NE 191st Street, Aventura, FL 33180   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Aventura
Racine, WI
“Regardless of how cheap - don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

UGH! This place is horrible. Room smelled like it had been a smoking room at one time and hadn't been properly cleaned. The "restaurant" is an abomination - limited food choices and what they had you don't want to eat. I've eaten better meals from street vendors. My organization was there for a meeting, and the hotel was renovating the hallways and the rooms above us. Between the hammering, the saws, and the shop vacs, I couldn't hear myself speak. Management's response - "Gee, sorry - they were supposed to be done 2 weeks ago." Conference room was so cold we had to wear jackets - complained 6 times - no response. Had a buffet banquet with some of the worst food I've ever been served. Skirt steak might have been good if it hadn't sat in a steam table drying out for hours. I've had better beef jerky. Honestly, I had to cut my steak with my Swiss Army knife.

All in all, it was a terrible experience, and management was totally uncooperative. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room is make your reservation somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are staying here for our last night of a mini beach vacation. The hotel is surrounded by your typical chain within a mile and relatively close to the beach. The top 2 floors are being renovated and I wouldn't hesitate to come back as a great alternative to the pricey resorts on the beach. Note: this is your typical Courtyard so don't expect a 4 or 5* resort but you do get a great location at a great price (free Internet and parking are a huge $ saver but no free breakfast). We did have problems with the Internet connection but the issue was quickly and professionally resolved by moving rooms.

Stayed October 2012
Stephen P, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hello gbryan84, I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I want to apologize for the internet issue, I am happy to advise that our wi-fi equipment has been upgraded and we have no further issues.

Should you be planning another trip to South Florida, please let us know, as it will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good solid value hotel for people who want to shop at the Aventura Mall as it is right across the street. With free parking, it is well located and a quick drive south to Miami and north to Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale. Well located too for a Dolphins game.
The hotel service was excellent with front desk rep Marissa (Smith?)..I might be wrong on the spelling-if so, i apologize. Very helpful with directions and ideas on hings to do, etc etc.
The hotel is undergoing renos on the two top floors as the rooms are somewhat tired and are due for some updating. Having said that, they are comfortable & clean, essentially all one needs if one is out and about all day.Free parking and internet make things easy.
There is no real restaurant on site but they do serve a full bfast and lunch to eat in the lobby lounge area. Small gy is very functional and there is a laundry area as well. Nice little pool in a solid courtyard lounge area. The front desk told us many people who stay at the hotel are South/Latin American shoppers who come to miami to fuel the economy!
Easy 10minute drive to beach access.
This is a very good spot for someone on the go who doesnt neccessarily need the beach while in north miami

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Stephen P, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hello smallhanded, I wanted to personally thank you for selecting our hotel and we are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel accommdating. I am glad to announce that we have completed all renovations and we have updated pictures for your review on Trip Advisor.

Our amazing team, including Marissa, want to say thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Asuperb location if one choose not to stay at the beach. Close to Aventura ,mall and several good restaurants. Good size rooms.
*This hotel gives value for money.
They failed to make a correct invoice but refunded a week after departure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello NorwayMale, I wanted to personally thank you for your response and we are glad that you found our hotel accommodating. I do apologize for the incident with your charges but glad to know that they were fixed accordingly.

I am happy to annouce that we have completed our room renovations and invite you to review them on our Trip Advisor profile.

Thank you again for staying with us and should you be coming back to South Florida, please contact us as we will love to have you stay with us once again.
San Juan, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The location is very good for North MIA, right on US 1 near Aventura Mall and Turnberry Isl. This is a middle-of-the-road property, somewhat business oriented (many meeting rooms in the ground level and parking spaces reserved for nearby-headquartered offices), but quite appropriate for a leisure or personal traveler who does not need a beach or resort-style facilities (and their price premiums). The inland location allows for free parking, another plus over the beach properties. The room furnishings were showing signs of age or else a bad attempt at looking "distressed" but were functioning adequately. Front desk was welcoming and very helpful when the key cards became deactivated. Did not try the "bistro", but a commercial area right across 191 (much more accessible than Aventura Mall) provides several food alternatives, a coffee shop at the B&N, and some hip food trucks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hello JRDelirious, I want to personally thank you for staying with us and glad to here that you found your stay accommodating. We are more than happy to announce that we have completed a rooms renovation and invite you to view our pictures on our Trip Advisor profile.

Should you be returning to South Florida, please contact us, as we will be more than happy to have you stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were in town this wknd for a family reunion. Everyone else stayed at the Newport Beachside Resort. After reading the Resort's negative reviews & the fees on top of fees, I selected the Courtyard. I am soooooo glad we stayed here! Free parking, friendly staff, clean rooms, no extra fees to use the hotel amenities; unlike the Resort.(their negative reviews still hold true.)

The front desk is more like a Stand. Not a problem, my needs were met. We were a bit disappointed to have to park in the back of the hotel because the front was full. But we later preferred it since our room was closer to the rear. Computers were fast, wi-fi was a breeze because of no login necessary. 4 adults were comfortable in the double room. Small frig. Very hot water in the shower. AC fan ran all night; a bit annoying, but didn't keep me from sleeping.
Only suggestion would be making coffee available after 10:30am.

Save your money and stay off the beach. This hotel was only 7 minutes from the beach. It's also in the heart of shopping. Even the breakfast diner in Hollywood was only 15 min away. Our reunion people complained constantly about the Resort and were jealous of us for saving money and avoiding agony. After seeing the Resort for myself, I can feel their pain. I would definitely stay here again if in N. Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My family stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family. This hotel was great, by all accounts! Facilities and rooms were clean and showed that they were very well taken care of. Staff was super-friendly, and every staff member took the time out to greet us as they were taking care of their duties. Stephen the General Manager was very accommodating; he took great care of us and really made us feel like family! The pool and outdoor deck were beautifully decorated with pergolas and patio furniture and was very inviting! Location is also great for shopping, restaurants, and the mall is right across the causeway (you'll need a car, though; it's possible to walk but looks very dangerous). We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: You can get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool if you ask
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hello pammommy, I want to personally thank you for your stay and review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel accommodating. We are happy to announce that we have completed our room renovation and invite you to visit our Trip Advisor page where the pictures are posted.

Should you be returning back to South Florida, please contact us as we would love to have you stay with us again.

Been to Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!