“linguine vongole was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dendermonde, Belgium
“linguine vongole was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

after 2 hours shopping in the mall we eat here and took the linguine vongole ,and this was very good but the service is indeed (like in previous reviews) not top .. no organization.. rude .. unfriendly ... we eat at the terrace and that was nice not because it is a romantic place but people are leaving their car there and a lot of people entered then the mall near the terrace so it is a nice place for watching people :-)

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Disgusting Food, Rude Server”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I reviewed this place in the past and gave it 5 stars. It *used* to be my favorite restaurant and I've been going there since I was 12 years old. I used to like the manager (he was always nice) but they have let this place go to ****. Well, after this experience, it will be my LAST time there.

My boyfriend and I arrived at 10:20PM (they don't close until 11). We seated ourselves outside. The minute the waiter came to our table, he immediately looked at his watch (wow, rude). Ok, whatever. We were given menus and asked for wine menus. The server asked us if we could please order already. Good thing I already knew what I wanted because he gave us all of 30 seconds to order!

We ordered a bottle of wine, and I ordered the linguine tres funghi (same dish I've been getting for the last god knows how many years) and my BF ordered a stuffed chicken. The server brought the wine, and looked at his watch again. OK WE GET IT!
I asked if I could have extra mozzarella (I have always asked for this) and the server told me it was going to cost extra (it never did before) but I agreed.

So, we get our entrees. Mine was supposed to be a pasta with 3 different types of mushrooms. And guess what kinds they all were? CANNED BUTTON MUSHROOMS. They looked like playdough! I myself cook with ALL sorts of mushrooms (not canned obviously) so I know my stuff. Even my BF was grossed out.

When the server came to our table (checking his watch again) I said to him: "Hey Im not going to ask you to take this dish back or refund me or anything, but what exactly are the kinds of mushrooms you use in it?"
He proceeded to stutter and go "Uhhh... umm... well... it's 3 types"
And I said "OK what types?"
He said "Well... uhhhhhmmm... there's regular mushroom and some other types."
Knowledgeable server, huh?
So I ask "Do they happen to be canned mushrooms?"
He says "Uh... No? They are dried mushrooms."
Porcini you mean? No. They were not reconstituted porcinis. I said I know my mushrooms.
So I said "Ok thanks!"

He walks away from our table, a buddy of his comes up to him, he looks back at our table, waves his hand as if dismissing us and ROLLS HIS EYES AT US! Wow! Because I asked a question? Nice service guy!

We attempted to eat quickly (well, my BF although he didn't finish his dry gooey cheap cheese chicken either. I couldn't really finish my CANNED MUSHROOM DISH) and the server came up to us with the check (we weren't even through the meal or wine yet) and left, checking his watch. It was 11:05! Come on!

We left him a 15% tip (although I don't think we should have) because we are not rude like that.

NEVER COMING BACK AGAIN. You can buy canned mushrooms at the grocery store and mix it with cheap dried pasta and save yourself the money and trouble.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santa Clara, CA
“Excellent Food, Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was only my second time at the Aventura Mall, but I'm surprised to read the "Waiter couldn't speak English" review, as it really isn't uncommon in the area to find someone who doesn't speak English. Hardly a reason to be rude to the waiter.

We arrived late, as that was the hour that everyone could make it. The food was good, the appetizers were good, the service was excellent. Every staff member we spoke to was friendly, accommodating. The manager came by several times to ensure that we had everything we wanted.

The staff operates like they've been working together for years, and everything is efficient and smooth.

Best restaurant in a mall is accurate. Great restaurant for any location.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Food was okay, service was not”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We arrived and were seated in a relatively short amount of time outside.
The restaruant is located at the Aventura Mall, and we were told that the food was very good, however, we found that the food was just okay and that the service led a lot to be desired.

It took over fifteen minutes from the time everyone was sitting to have our drinks brough to the table, and no one in our party ordred anything alcoholic. The bread was delivered shortly after the drinks, and the bread was crusty and delicious. We then gave the waiter our order, and quite a while later the food arrived.

Our drinks were not refilled, and I know that others sitting outside were also perplexed by the terrible service having overheard the comments.

When the food did arrive, it was okay, nothing special and having tasted several of the dishes from around the table, I am glad that I had a simple chicken dish. The risotto with seafood was definitely not that good, and it lacked everything good that makes risotto so special.

WARNING FOR FAMILIES: There is no changing table in the restrooms.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Waiter Couldn't Speak English”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice big restaurant however the food was average and the service was funny to the point of being annoying as we had to explain our order twice as our waiter didn't speak English however he was quickly annoyed and understood when the tip wasn't big enough

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere