“Many Cool Things About This Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Timbuktu, Mali
“Many Cool Things About This Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just stayed three nights at the Res Inn in a 2/2 on the fifth floor. We enjoyed our stay, here were our observations.

The traffic in and out of Aventura was unreal at certain times of the day, especially coming off of I-95 on Ives Dairy Ed. If you need to get anywhere during rush hour plan additional travel time into your schedule.

The hotel is walking distance from the Aventura Mall, a Publix, a Walgreens and a nice park named Founders Park.

The park isn't free to nonresidents so bring $. They had a great playground and there were always plenty of kids/people around even during the weekdays. The entire park is fenced for the most part. It was great to be able to put our toddler down and let him roam. There was a bathroom and vending machines in case you need either.

Back to the hotel - The breakfast was good and always replenished quickly. No vegetarian sausage option but that can be a rare offering these days anyway.

Room was clean and although there wasn't a balcony the windows in most rooms opened a little bit to allow fresh air into the room. The kitchen came with everything you'd need from dishes and pans to dish soap, sponges and paper towels.

The only hitch we encountered was that we needed bed rails to ensure our toddler wouldn't roll out of the bed and when booking I was assured they had these at the hotel. After checking in we were told by the front desk that they didn't have the rails. Then on the last day we glanced into a housekeeping storage room and there they were, all stacked up and waiting to be used. Other than this snafu I would say the service at the hotel was very friendly.

Overall we wouldn't hesitate to stay at this property in the future.

Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a conference at the hotel across the street, when the room block filled I reserved a room at the Residence Inn. The staff did a great job, they were very nice and friendly. I did not need the kitchen, however it had everything you would need for a week stay. It was also nice to pop a bag of microwave popcorn for the one night I stayed in. I also really enjoyed the jogging trail which is directly across the street from the hotel. It is about 3.5 miles of flat trails around a golf course.

The breakfast was actually good. I had low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised! The eggs were cooked well, plenty to choose from for even the pickiest of eaters, and the beverages were good. The days I went there were a lot of families and it was somewhat crowded but I was still able to find a seat.

The one negative I would have to say is that I don't understand why they only do the cocktail reception with food from Monday to Wednesday. If they are going to do one, it should be every night.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Residence Inn is in need of a serious renovation. The room was comfortable, but the furniture felt dated. Staff is very friendly and welcoming even with a very late check-in. Breakfast is filling but dining area gets very crowded. Great location near the Aventura Mall. Overall, clean room and hospitable staff. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a loyal member of the Marriott chain of hotels and I must say this is an excellent residence inn. It has been recently renovated and is very nice indeed. Great bistro with varied choices of food and drinks. The hotel is next to aventura mall. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed in my fair share of Residence Inn hotels both for business and leisure but none has been as nice as this one. The location is perfect, right around the corner from Aventura Mall and the hotel is spotless. I am not sure how old it is but is seems fairly new. Cleanliness gets a 10 plus, the staff is very friendly and you get people who speak English, Spanish and Portuguese. I would recommend this property anytime.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've stayed at dozens of Residence Inns worldwide...find them to be generally superior versions of the all-suite hotel concept. This one should set the standard! Just across the street from the famed Turnberry Resort (I believe it's under the same ownership), it is a spotless upscale version of the already higher-end brand. Clean, comfortable, excellent breakfast. It's larger than most Residence Inn properties and you can wind up with a room that's a hike from the lobby (if that's important to you). Obviously scrupulously managed with great facilities, this hotel also boasts a MUCH higher than the usual daily rate. We did it on Marriott points but the daily rate is closing in on $300....high for a Residence Inn....though I have to admit it's in a perfect location and has everything you'd expect or want. Maintenance responded (on a Sunday evening) to a bad TV remote control within 5 minutes. And, a nice touch...about 15 minutes after checking in, we received a call from the front desk asking if everything about our room was acceptable. That's more like Ritz Carlton treatment than Residence Inn. Kudos to the management! I could easily stay here for an extended trip.Traffic is a bit tricky on and off of I-95 though while VERY close, the signage comes up quickly and you can easily wind up going around the block a couple of times finding the place. However, once inside the Aventura conclave, the neighborhood is lovely to stroll about in and an easy walk to all services(shopping, etc) and the famous Aventura Mall. The area is so upscale that we had a hard time finding a gas station! I'd put this our 5 star list and have to admit it's probably worth the cost! A last word.... Marriott has been taking heat recently about FREE WIFI. Well... this hotel has it with a new twist. They provide no hassle free WIFI in-room. However when you sign in you are offered "upgraded super wifi" for $6.95 a day. We opted for the Freebie and it was satisfactory but not exactly moving with the speed of lightning! Come on Marriott...get with the program...WIFI is like providing a toilet and a telephone in the room. It should be fast and it should be free...especially in a $300 a night room for an Elite guest!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby if you don't like hiking.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

Well, I came to this hotel for a short stay, and although it was slightly satisfactory, there were a few issues I wasn't too happy about. First off, the business center is very small. There is a grand total of 2 computers. I'm not sure if you can even call it a business center. It's more like a small cubicle with 2 Home PCs. It's a very frequent occurrence when someone wants to use a computer, and both stations are occupied. So you end up having to retreat back to your room and try another time to use one of them. Second, the breakfast entrees, although plentiful, were a bit overdone in regards to the health aspect. The sausage is super oily. Like drenched in oil. I understand they're not serving a Weight Watchers menu, but it was just a bit too much to swallow early in the morning. I felt like I was eating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in one shot. Lastly, the Outdoor Pool was a big disappointment. The pool water temperature was "Cold" even though they advertise it as being a "Heated Pool". It certainly was not. And on top of that, the pool's flooring is not entirely intact. The cement or plaster that's used is worn out in certain areas. I felt uneven ground while taking a dip with my bare feet, and it was unpleasant. If someone from the hotel will respond to this message, I doubt they'll be able to remedy those problems. They're not going to change their breakfast menu; construct a larger business center along with buying a few more computers; or re-tile the pool in timely way. So with that said, I probably won't visit this hotel again in the future if I'm in the area . I'd rather stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!