“Nice stay, resonably clean.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Aventura
NC
“Nice stay, resonably clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a decent property, I do like Residence Inns so I have the fridge/micro if I need it, even for short business stays. Thsi property was nice, and resonably clean, nothing super-special or outstanding....but I got a good deal & the proximity to my business event was close. I had the option of staying at the Trump Int'l, but for the points, I would stay here again. The Courtyard nearby looke OK as well. My only complaint is that the WIFi here is deplorable. Bring your own MiFi because the free WiFi would not even load a webpage like Yahoo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Seriously, what else could you possibly ask for? Convenience, convenience, convenience! Location, breakfast, Mall, Exercise options, restaurants, etc.
Park down the street about 5 blocks...perfect for the kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Sept.28 to 30, 2012 for a wedding.
Our wedding rate of $135 per night provided us with a generous sized room with a complete kitchen (stove, full size fridge, microwave, dishes, etc.) and a bedroom separated from the living room. The room was very modern and clean.

The buffet breakfast was very good. And while coffee/tea is available throughout the day, I would have appreciated a bowl of apples or plate of cookies throughout the day as is the custom in other Marriott hotels.

There are two desktop computers for guest use. The hotel has free wi-fi. The outdoor pool is clean and has plenty of towels available. The gym is in very good shape. Parking is free.

All the staff were very courteous and pleasant.

The value for money was exceptional (although I realise that wedding rates are purposely attractively priced because of the large number of rooms booked).

The hotel's parking lot is adjacent to a small strip plaza that includes a Publix supermarket; and the insanely large Aventura Mall is across from the plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is comfortable, small and convenient. Breakfast is just ok. Pool is small but not crowded. The rooms are big, they all have kitchen and a small living room. This hotel is very close to the Aventura Mall, walking distance of about 5 Minutes. If you are planning to visit south beach, ocean drive and so, you would have to take a taxi for about 50 dolls to get there

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this property August 9th-11th and it was my first time visiting the Residence Inn brand. It was a great experience. When we first arrived (after a 17 hour drive from Baltimore) we were EXHAUSTED! And early, which I know doesn't guarantee a room. When we arrived a little after 11am we were told FOSSE was down (I'm quite familiar with this unfortunate event since I'm a Marriott associate myself) so we waited about 5 minutes and it was up and running! The associates were extremely friendly and were very helping, especially since our room was ready!

The room was great! Clean, no problems. The next day we left and were out all day and housekeeping still hadn't shown up by almost 5 pm. No biggie, we just called the front desk and literally as soon as we hung up a housekeeper was there. Wow! Amazing service. I understand in the hospitality environment people can be really anal about things and sometimes staff can make honest mistakes, forget, or any circumstance. I really wasn't in a rush but that was definitely a great, quick resolution. I didn't get a chance to swim but their were plenty of people enjoying themselves and it looked clean and cool! The bathrooms on the main floor were ALWAYS clean and are really nice.

The breakfast was AMAZING, there was a great staff that worked together to feed a HUGE room full of hungry people :) the area was beautiful and big. There were SO many breakfast options and it was set up very well. There was even a soda machine available which is great for soda drinkers (I personally am not) but I went straight for the Nestea! It was great to see they had a system in order for breakfast because I know at my property we've have a few issues with nearby hotel guests enjoying our free breakfast...

The fact that it was so close to the mall and nearby stores was great. Near the beach and not a bad drive to downtown Miami either. Great location and it's across from restaurant that was highly recommended to me but we never got the chance to visit. We went to a Brazilian steakhouse about 10 minutes away, Area Code 55. Awesome place! Reasonably priced, like a more formal and cheaper Fogo de Chao.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again should I come back to Miami in the near future :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Location to mall is walkable across a parking lot into Macy's, free parking in open lot (no garage), great kitchenette suite with Queen & sofa.  Service is good all around. The social hour is different every evening & posted on frigerator.  They have  basic wine & food that's not meant to fill your tummy for the night.  Breakfast is fine,  but have had better at other Marriott's concierge floors.  This place has been great for us while on a 3-4day business trip for this area compared to prices at other Marriotts.  Have not experienced moldy smells anywhere on any floors we've been on.   Gym/pool not utilized so can't comment.  Plan to use again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice hotel, good gym facilities, small size pool and close to the adventura mall. The social hour should be discontinued as the few times we attended we were served poor quality food and drinks. This is the first Marriott residence inn I have stayed in were the social hour was not up to standard. I felt the owners of this hotel which I believe is a franchise are doing all to cut down costs. Limited children channels which in my opinion is not good enough as many families staying in the hotel have young children.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west wing have a better view of the west country road