“Great Restaurant!! Great Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 92 Restaurants in Aventura
Cuisines: Kosher
Aventura, Florida
“Great Restaurant!! Great Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I am writing in reference to the review below by "EMEN82" from Toronto. I happen to come across this review randomly while browsing trip advisor. I was the server for this family's table, and would like to comment and give the real version of this story.

IN REGARDS TO THE KIDS: they were running around throwing napkins and packets of sugar at other tables and the guests were (obviously) complaining that the kids were a bother to them. So I kindly asked the woman if she can watch her kids a little bit more closely since they were bothering other guests. Her response was "they're just kids, what do you want?!" completely ignoring that fact that they were disturbing other guests.

IN REGARDS TO HER TO "LONG WAIT" AND "SMALL PORTIONS"
This family literally split everything they ordered (which is perfectly fine) however, the dishes are individual portions not family sized portions.
They also ordered breakfast at around 8pm while we stop serving breakfast at 2pm. Nevertheless, we accommodated their requests in order to make them happy. Then they order more food sporatically for other members of their party that were on the way to the restaurant to meet them. So of course, the food will come out as ordered.

LASTLY:
I can assure anyone reading this that this family received everything they wanted in a timely manner with great service.
This family was a religious Jewish family. I am SHOCKED that they would go out of their way to slander a kosher restaurant the way they did.
In Judaism this is one of the WORST things one can do. I would understand if they were not religious Jews, but they are, so they know better that anyone else this is a rude and uncalled for thing to do. THIS just goes to show the type of characters were are "listening" to.
I wish them well, and they are always welcome back our establishment.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“regret coming here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

came here while visiting florida with my hubby, my sister and our kids... place was empty but service was horrendous. not only did each order take a long while to arrive, but the waitress was very rude and was busy on her phone most of the time. i had to keep going inside to order more dishes since their portions were so small. then when our kids were running around and playing (we were seated outside) she was very mean about it. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this place if you are looking for good food and good service. wont be returning. try china bistro instead, their food and service is much better

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aventura, Florida, United States
“would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Service is very poor. Understaffed. Prep times very long. Great location. Outdoor seating available. Just not a well run place.

Visited September 2012
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We went there for lunch. It was pretty empty but we enjoyed ourselves & our food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

Had fish one of the times we visited and it was a bit too lemony for my taste. We had the chocolate volcano with ice cream, five stars! When there were not a lot of people service was good. We went a 2nd time and I had the eggs cooked in a spicy sauce (an Israeli dish) and my husband had the 3 egg omelette both excellent. Good coffee. Lots of people and service was average. So don't go if it is busy and you are in a hurry.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere