“Good food but very poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Kosher
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Paris, France
“Good food but very poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a glatt kosher restaurant with a nice atmosphere, and an outside patio. A little bit noisy inside, as people usually come with their friends, family etc. The booklet menu is very thick, so it is unlikely you will not find something you like (within dietary kosher restrictions). Food (especially chinese and sushi) is very good and there is a large selection of wines. The really weak point is the quality of the service. It is slow and very disorganized. Dishes are served in a randomized order. So, the only solution is to share whatever you get and wait for the rest. A 18% gratuity is also automatically added to your bill! Prices are a bit above average.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Aventura, Florida
“Best on the waterways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

China bistro is by far the best place to have dinner at the waterways , place is nice and clean you can seat outside too , quality of the food is excellent , one of the best kosher places in Miami

Visited July 2012
Montreal
“Good food but noisy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went at dinner time.
The music was very loud and the restaurant was quite busy.
The sushi was excellent. The service was OK but our waitress was pushy in trying to get us to order more.
Prices were on the high side.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Just because its Kosher doesnt mean you can slack on the costumer service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My family and I love to have dinner out all the time. When this restaurant first opened it was heaven! I kid you not, the food was insanely good, and insanely pricey. But to be honest, it was worth it. From what I remember the service was borderline average but I could deal with that, sort of. We have not been there for years but we decided to have dinner there last night, and let me tell you, RUN! The food is at best AVERAGE the prices have gone through the roof and the service is just scary. I ordered four rolls with my dad to just pick on a few items and the server brought the food out before the chopsticks or the sauces. He and all the other servers would dissapear for literally 15 minutes at a time. I sat with what was ONCE warm sushi for 20 minutes waiting for chopsticks when I asked about 4 servers and every single one of them said yes, and nobody came back with any. I got up and got it myself. When we first arrived, the busser sprinted to our table slammed the plates and silverwear down and ran back. SO UNPROFESSIONAL. i felt hurried and uncomfortable. Then I realized why the service is so poor. The 18% gratuity is already added on the bill for a party of 2!! Isnt that normally for a party of 6 or more? What is going on here? The service was a joke, the sushi was aweful; WAY too much rice and no fish AT ALL, and when he dropped the bill of 3 hours LATER he didnt even bother to say goodnight. I dont care if you are kosher HIRE people who know what the definition of SMILING means. never ever EVER coming here again. There is a great sushi place on the 2nd floor in the waterways called KAMPAI. Rolls are really reasonable price, SUSHI IS amazingly good, and service is great and professional. I have been going there for a good 3 years and never have I been dissapointed. I wanted to switch it up and go to china bistro, but god no. NEVER AGAIN. Do yourself a favor, save your money and frustration.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa Bay
“Just like being in Israel, with Glatt Kosher Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I am in town for a convention, and we took 30 people here. Had many arguments with the proprietor, typical Israeli (my son is a Chayal Boded, so I have license). Food was average at best, lacked imagination too salty tough meat we deserve better. Service was slow but friendly for a 20% gratuity, two people were having birthdays so they blast cheesy Israeli version of a Happy Birthday song, just like in Israel. Took me 15 minutes to convince someone to ring up 2 drinks separately from the group. Not worth going to even for Kosher; next time we'll go to a pita joint, at least no surprises there....really if you want a trur Israeli experience eat here....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere