“Friendly helpful employees” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Orlando, Florida
“Friendly helpful employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The property is beautiful. All employees were friendly and helpful. Douglas Gadeniz went above and beyond to assist us with area directions. The private beach was very nice. The shuttle service was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Polish first
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Turnberry Isle Aventura is Excellent! Golf, Tennis, Yachting, Family Vacation Luxury Corporate Events, across the street from "The Machine" AVENTURA MALL International Shopping to be the 2nd largest mall in the a United States. Turnberry Isles is the home of Michael Mina's BOURBON STEAK Restaurant if you are wanting to treat your family or impress clients this is the place!!! Minutes to the gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing beaches of Sunny Isles Beach and Private Golden Beach Florida. Very impressive luxury hotel and amenities. Boat Marina, Championship Tennis Facility etc. Etc. Etc. Must Visit Turnberry Isles Miami. Twitter@NatalieMcBee

Room Tip: All the room are luxurious!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was our fourth stay at Turnberry. The service and the amenities are all wonderful. The staff is very attentive . i would like to give special thanks to Mario at the car valet . He is patient, corteous and very personable . This is an excellent place for a relaxing vacation getaway

Room Tip: we have always been in Jasmine large sunny rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was my third stay at Turnberry Isle since my first visit in July 2013 (I was recently here in May 2014) and each stay gets better an better. My room was in the Jasmine corridor this time - I have stayed in almost all corridors by now - and my room has always been clean, much larger than I anticipated and has always had a beautiful golf view which I love. In addtiion to the resort being a beautifully maintained property offering everything I need for yet another relaxing get away (spa, state of the art gym, excellent restaurants, inviting lounge, pool, beach and shuttle to Aventura Mall) the staff by far is the greatest asset to this resort. Most specifically I want to acknowledge the following who demonstrated absolutely OUTSTANDING, ATTENTIVE AND EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL customer service!! Robin (pool), Maria (pool) and Yesniel (pool) - all were attentive, courteous, friendly and patient with all of our requests - "Thanks for the EXCEPTIONAL & AMAZING SERVICE and always WITH A SMILE!!, Stephanie (front desk manager) - Thanks for stepping up to make things right when our room was slighlty delayed at check in - You are a true professional!, Joe (lounge and beach bar) - Thanks for the conversation and recommendations on food and drinks - you were spot on - you are truly a people person!, Elizabeth (front desk) - Thanks for your care and concern, always ensuring that I was enjoying myself and that I was being taken care of to my expectations. I appreciate that and yes, I did enjoy myself!, Alick (spa) - Thanks for one of the best massages I've experienced yet at Turnberry. I hope you are working when I return in September! There were many others (and my not recalling their names should not minimize the appreciation I feel for the experience I had) - the gentleman at valet who always greeted me by name and with a smile, the young ladies at Bourbon Steak for breakfast and dinner, the late afternoon/evening shuttle bus driver, the gentleman who opened the door to the lobby, the staff that serviced our room daily and all of the staff that I passed in the hallway, etc. who ALWAYS smiled and said Hello, many greeting me by name which also was EXCEPTIONAL and made me feel welcome and appreciated as a guest. As a leader of an office with a staff in excess of 100 employees I know how important customer service is to retention and recommendation to others. Turnberry is ahead of the curve in Outstanding Customer Service. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Laurel, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Drove a friend here for a business meeting. First time to the area and property. Very impressed with the service and employees. I stayed on the third floor which over-looked the waterfalls and both golf courses on the third or fourth floor...can't remember its been a year! I can't believe I waited this long to write the review. My floor was under renovations, however my room was quiet. I had an opportunity to walk the property and was impressed by the landscaping and pools. The plantings where gorgeous and appropriate for the climate. Most all of the landscaped plantings had informational signs, which I found helpful and educating! I had the opportunity to meet the owner as well! Nice chap! Had the pleasure of dinning in the bar/restaurant, the one with the giant walls of wine! Holy Mackerel! My meal was free and so was my dessert as I had found a worm in my jalapeno which was perched on top of my awesome burger! I thought it was part of the experience until the bartender took it away and wouldn't stop apologizing! The manager came out and apologized and comped the meal! I told him it was OK and was not even upset...the worst or should I say the best worm I've ever ingested came from the bottom of a tequila bottle!
i also had an opportunity to visit the Aventura Mall. That kept me busy for the remainder of the afternoon.
Back at the room, I enjoyed the amenities. The bathroom was incredible and most of the early evening was occupied in the tub watching TV.!! Never drank the $7.00 bottle of water, as I just bought the same bottle at the mall for $2.50...of course you can always drink the tap, but that makes me wonder when it's offered in the room... Great night sleep!
If I ever have the money to stay here longer for one day I certainly will! The place is a small oasis in the middle of the jungle!!
My stay was in July of 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mr. Laurel,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities tucked away on our 300 lush tropical acres, specifically our guest rooms, golf courses, pools and landscaping. Turnberry Isle Miami is a Mediterranean-style retreat that exemplifies a culture of authenticity, spirited service and enriching experiences. Once again, we are excited to share your comments with our management team and service professionals. We look forward to your return visit to Turnberry Isle Miami.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Douglas G and his fellow valet professionals gave great service to me last Wednesday, July 16. Doug went out of his way to ensure I was able to find the meeting salons where I was meeting my sister who had been leading a 7-day course for the Principals Training Center. Upon our departure, Doug and his colleagues helped load 7 pieces of luggage quickly and efficiently and sent us on our way with smiles on our faces! It was a very pleasant experience where I felt the staff took pride in their work and were committed to excellent customer service. Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Our brief sojourn at the Marriott Residence over, we hauled our overnighters across the street to the Marriot Turnberry Isle Resort,confident that the more expansive (all of 300 acres) 'sister' facility would have a multiplier effect. We are booked for three nights so there would be plenty of time to relish the defining moments. It augured well to be greeted by a Hotel Executive even as we trudged up the path to check in. She was more than courteous and guided us to the Front Desk where we tarried a while for our turn.

The symptoms were beginning to reveal themselves. A resident guest just ahead of us waited patiently till she got her chance to 'spill all' albeit in the politest way. Her room stank, the carpets stuck underfoot and the wardrobe contained someone else's dirty linen. What impressed me was the patient hearing she received and the gentle apology as she was guided to speak with a senior executive. When I saw it was the very same one who greeted us, I knew everything would end well.

We would have to wait, we are told, as our room was still being prepared. No hassle. We were early. I inform the lady that we have more luggage in storage across the street and she is efficiently up to the task of retrieval albeit with no promises.

An hour or so later, we are ready to move in. We have been upgraded, we are told, to a room with a view. I wonder, silently, if it had anything to do with the conversation I overheard. Still, we are pleasantly surprised by the size and the layout. The view, predictably, is of the Golf Course which accounts for most of the acreage, bordered by a fairly universal Miami skyline.

The price tag on the bottles of distilled water standing on the counter indicates that we can expect at least a forty percent premium on services as compared with the poorer sister we had just left.

Moments later, Bob the Bellman arrives with our heavy luggage. He is friendly, efficient and a font of information. I am impressed by his genuine warmth. He even knew a bit about cricket!

A day into our stay, we are getting the 'treatment'. Dining in is an expensive hazard. The menu, if substantive in portions, is less than inventive. The beverages a total rip-off. We decided to try a restaurant. A charred burger bun did not allay any doubts. The wine was chilled though.

We recall the complaining lady as we return to the after effects of housekeeping. No stink, but the effort is minimal. Used and empty toiletries are not removed or replaced. Dining trays from the previous meal are outside the department's purview, as, it seems, is the balcony attached to the room. Cigarette butts of previous tenants have been conveniently tucked into a corner. We call to request fresh supplies for the bathroom. We call again three hours later with greater success. Along comes a cartload of a variety of tubes, enough towels to last a week and the deliverer speaks little English so we let it go. By now its way past bedtime when there is a knock on the door. A more accomplished linguist wants to know if we got what we wanted. I point to the pile on the counter. She can have it all, I say.

On the Sunday of our stay, I had opportunity to witness operations first hand. My conclusion: the intent is sincere, the training conspicuous by absence.

We are still waiting for maintenance to fix the telephone that has been on the blink since the first morning. Fortunately there are alternate instruments.

I am reminded of a homily learned nearly five decades ago when I set out on my career. The bigger the establishment, the wider the gap between its (promise and performance).

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We are disappointed to here of your service challenges and thoughts regarding some of the food items you experienced during your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and well review your details with our housekeeping and food & beverage departments. Our goal is to learn from our guests comments and turn these challenges into positives. We thank you for staying with us, and hope you return for a positive and rewarding experience.

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!