“Business trip and overnight getaway!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save when you stay
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Laurel, Mississippi
“Business trip and overnight getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Drove a friend here for a business meeting. First time to the area and property. Very impressed with the service and employees. I stayed on the third floor which over-looked the waterfalls and both golf courses on the third or fourth floor...can't remember its been a year! I can't believe I waited this long to write the review. My floor was under renovations, however my room was quiet. I had an opportunity to walk the property and was impressed by the landscaping and pools. The plantings where gorgeous and appropriate for the climate. Most all of the landscaped plantings had informational signs, which I found helpful and educating! I had the opportunity to meet the owner as well! Nice chap! Had the pleasure of dinning in the bar/restaurant, the one with the giant walls of wine! Holy Mackerel! My meal was free and so was my dessert as I had found a worm in my jalapeno which was perched on top of my awesome burger! I thought it was part of the experience until the bartender took it away and wouldn't stop apologizing! The manager came out and apologized and comped the meal! I told him it was OK and was not even upset...the worst or should I say the best worm I've ever ingested came from the bottom of a tequila bottle!
i also had an opportunity to visit the Aventura Mall. That kept me busy for the remainder of the afternoon.
Back at the room, I enjoyed the amenities. The bathroom was incredible and most of the early evening was occupied in the tub watching TV.!! Never drank the $7.00 bottle of water, as I just bought the same bottle at the mall for $2.50...of course you can always drink the tap, but that makes me wonder when it's offered in the room... Great night sleep!
If I ever have the money to stay here longer for one day I certainly will! The place is a small oasis in the middle of the jungle!!
My stay was in July of 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mr. Laurel,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities tucked away on our 300 lush tropical acres, specifically our guest rooms, golf courses, pools and landscaping. Turnberry Isle Miami is a Mediterranean-style retreat that exemplifies a culture of authenticity, spirited service and enriching experiences. Once again, we are excited to share your comments with our management team and service professionals. We look forward to your return visit to Turnberry Isle Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Douglas G and his fellow valet professionals gave great service to me last Wednesday, July 16. Doug went out of his way to ensure I was able to find the meeting salons where I was meeting my sister who had been leading a 7-day course for the Principals Training Center. Upon our departure, Doug and his colleagues helped load 7 pieces of luggage quickly and efficiently and sent us on our way with smiles on our faces! It was a very pleasant experience where I felt the staff took pride in their work and were committed to excellent customer service. Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Our brief sojourn at the Marriott Residence over, we hauled our overnighters across the street to the Marriot Turnberry Isle Resort,confident that the more expansive (all of 300 acres) 'sister' facility would have a multiplier effect. We are booked for three nights so there would be plenty of time to relish the defining moments. It augured well to be greeted by a Hotel Executive even as we trudged up the path to check in. She was more than courteous and guided us to the Front Desk where we tarried a while for our turn.

The symptoms were beginning to reveal themselves. A resident guest just ahead of us waited patiently till she got her chance to 'spill all' albeit in the politest way. Her room stank, the carpets stuck underfoot and the wardrobe contained someone else's dirty linen. What impressed me was the patient hearing she received and the gentle apology as she was guided to speak with a senior executive. When I saw it was the very same one who greeted us, I knew everything would end well.

We would have to wait, we are told, as our room was still being prepared. No hassle. We were early. I inform the lady that we have more luggage in storage across the street and she is efficiently up to the task of retrieval albeit with no promises.

An hour or so later, we are ready to move in. We have been upgraded, we are told, to a room with a view. I wonder, silently, if it had anything to do with the conversation I overheard. Still, we are pleasantly surprised by the size and the layout. The view, predictably, is of the Golf Course which accounts for most of the acreage, bordered by a fairly universal Miami skyline.

The price tag on the bottles of distilled water standing on the counter indicates that we can expect at least a forty percent premium on services as compared with the poorer sister we had just left.

Moments later, Bob the Bellman arrives with our heavy luggage. He is friendly, efficient and a font of information. I am impressed by his genuine warmth. He even knew a bit about cricket!

A day into our stay, we are getting the 'treatment'. Dining in is an expensive hazard. The menu, if substantive in portions, is less than inventive. The beverages a total rip-off. We decided to try a restaurant. A charred burger bun did not allay any doubts. The wine was chilled though.

We recall the complaining lady as we return to the after effects of housekeeping. No stink, but the effort is minimal. Used and empty toiletries are not removed or replaced. Dining trays from the previous meal are outside the department's purview, as, it seems, is the balcony attached to the room. Cigarette butts of previous tenants have been conveniently tucked into a corner. We call to request fresh supplies for the bathroom. We call again three hours later with greater success. Along comes a cartload of a variety of tubes, enough towels to last a week and the deliverer speaks little English so we let it go. By now its way past bedtime when there is a knock on the door. A more accomplished linguist wants to know if we got what we wanted. I point to the pile on the counter. She can have it all, I say.

On the Sunday of our stay, I had opportunity to witness operations first hand. My conclusion: the intent is sincere, the training conspicuous by absence.

We are still waiting for maintenance to fix the telephone that has been on the blink since the first morning. Fortunately there are alternate instruments.

I am reminded of a homily learned nearly five decades ago when I set out on my career. The bigger the establishment, the wider the gap between its (promise and performance).

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We are disappointed to here of your service challenges and thoughts regarding some of the food items you experienced during your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and well review your details with our housekeeping and food & beverage departments. Our goal is to learn from our guests comments and turn these challenges into positives. We thank you for staying with us, and hope you return for a positive and rewarding experience.

Owego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the moment we arrived on this splendid resort we were treated like royalty. My daughters and I were there for some much needed R&R and that is exactly what we found in our beautiful surroundings. Our room in the Jasmine wing was exquisite and large. The girls loved the spacious bathroom with the jacuzzi tub, rain shower and plush bathrobes. The queen beds were unbelievably comfortable, and we found it difficult to leave them each morning to begin our day with a two mile walk around the property via a very safe, beautifully groomed walking path. We spent hours at the Laguna Pool floating down the lazy river, racing down the waterslide and floating through the pool, even soaking in the hot tub a few times. Best part, being greeted by Manny or Erin each morning, and by the end of our stay, Manny felt like family. We will miss his kindness, laughter and impeccable service. Angie and Fred served us up some amazing frozen drinks, especially the raspberry peach daiquiri! Angie was so attentive to our every need, going out of her way to make sure the girls had exactly what they wanted. Their chicken wings were some of the best we have ever had! Upon calling the front desk we experienced only the polished response one would expect from a property of such caliber. We enjoyed the convenience of walking to local shops and having the Aventura Mall directly across the street. The view from our balcony will be missed until we are fortunate to experience it once again. Our overall experience is that we have never felt this much "at home" away from home before. Each staff member we encountered smiled and greeted us - each and everyone of them!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Tripadvisor. We love that you felt like you were royalty! This is our desire for all of our guests. We are pleased to hear that our guestrooms and recreation facilitates were top notch. We would love to have you stay with us again to enjoy all that we have to offer. Thank you
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The resort is literally very poshly created that you feel like a movie star. The rooms are huge and over look a beautiful golf area with all the palm trees, its like heaven. The restaurants and all day dining offer exquisite quality food you cant resist. I gladly would go there any time i reach miami.

Stayed October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I have had the misfortune to stay at this hotel twice now and I have been given old damp musty rooms on both occasions. I came a second time because I am doing a course here and why they have based it in this hotel is beyond me. I asked to be moved on both occasions and each time was told they were sold out and someone will get back to me in the morning but of course they never did. I did book a specific room in the main building but on arrival was told I was upgraded to the magnolia building but unfortunately it a downgrade!
Never again! I have to come back to Miami on 2 more occasions but I think next time I will play it safe and stay in the St Regis!

• Stayed July 2014
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We are sorry to hear of the unsatisfactory service and your disappointment with our guest rooms on your recent stay. We value the comments of all of our guests, and always look at ways to improve our guest experience. We will be reaching out to you directly and hope to speak with you soon to discuss your recent visit.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel three times and each time was great. There are plenty of things to do and I was always in and out going to the gym, beach, or mall across the street. There is a shuttle that takes you to both the mall and the beach so you never feel stranded and the mall is large with a movie theater, department stores and a huge food court. There is a grocery store, Wallgreens and CVS down the road that I could go to to pick up anything I needed. The staff are very friendly and approachable and always greet in you in the hallways with a smile. Two parking valets, Douglas G. and Michael A., always greeted me in the morning and were very funny and easy to talk to. They were always ready to chat or just give me a 'good to see you again' or 'see you later'. Overall it was a great stay and I hope to come again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,587 reviews

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!