You added Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Amazing rooms and property. Service and food are terrific. The room balcony overlooked the golf course, and the room was incredibly spacious and bathroom was oversized. The only complaint would be the long walk to and from the room. The check-in area is small. But 99% of the hotel is amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am a travel agent and researched heavily where to stay in Miami. If you have been looking yourself, you will know how expensive it is for not great hotels.
This hotel is perfect if you want a well priced 5* hotel and don't mind staying slightly out of the main Miami action.
It is about a 2 minute drive to Sunny Isles, which is the top end of Collins Avenue and then another 10 -15 minutes to go to the south beach end.
The hotel is not on the beach. But does offer a free shuttle to their private beach (2 minutes away). The pool is brilliant.
We had a Superior Jasmine Tower room. This was more than big enough for us and the kids.
The prices they offer online directly are considerably more than the general travel agent rates that we and many other companies will have access to. So shop around!
They charge a resort fee nightly. Again, a lot of travel agencies can get this included, so look around.
They charge a valet parking fee of (are you sitting down??) $32 per tax per night. But again, to be in such a nice hotel in Miami at the same price as 3* hotels near south beach etc. It is still worth it!

I hope this helps!

Room Tip: Jasmine Tower is closest to the pool and golf view is the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have been here several times (also before The Fairmont joined) and this property has transformed itself. Very clean from the reception area to the room. Clear attention to detail. All staff we encountered were warm and friendly and went out of their way to assist us. This was as usual an excellent stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Turnberry is a classy place with all the amenities one would expect. The golf course provides great views, with the skyline of Miami in the background. Service was excellent, especially in the Cascata Grill (Augusto behind the bar), but if you can avoid spending any money on drinks (3 gin and tonics for $52!) do it. There's a mall and a supermarket across the street, but watch out for the $45 corking fee they will hit you with as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Turnberry for three nights for a conference. I was given a large room, two closets, and a bathroom with a huge jacuzzi bath tub. The bathroom and main room was very clean. Some of the pieces of furniture was scuffed up, but overall it was an excellent room.

The best part of the hotel was the service. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and worked hard to be helpful. No detail was too small. There was a minor problem at breakfast and after a word to the manager, it resolved quickly.

I ate a number of meals at the hotel. Each of the dishes was very good. The best was the curried mussels.

The property has two nice pools and a beach club a five minute drive away. A large mall and a supermarket is within easy walking distance.

Due to the conference, I got a great rate, less than $200, so I found the hotel a good value for the quality. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the Orchid building are very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while on a business trip. The front desk staff took a long time to check me in but I was pleased to receive a free upgrade to a larger room. Comfy bed, great a/c and a huge bathroom made me feel at home. The large swimming pool, lazy river, and water slide were a very nice touch and the poolside staff was helpful. I'd suggest avoiding room service as the food was not the quality I had expected for the price. All in all, my stay was great and I would certainly recommend staying at this resort.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have been here 6 or 8 times and my husband and I both agree that this was our best visit yet. The service was incredible. Our room was amazing. The grounds are beautiful.

We checked in very late...1am. The valet and registration staff were very helpful and accommodating. We had a sleeping toddler and they recognized that and moved very quickly.

For the first time, we stayed in the Magnolia building. While it is farthest from our favorite pool, it was worth it (and it's right next to the 24hr pool). We had a king bed with a pull out for our toddler to sleep on. The rooms and especially the beds are always wonderful. The bathrooms are huge.

The pool staff was awesome! They made my son feel like a celebrity. Bobby set us up every day with our towels. But he continued to check on us periodically during our pool stay every day....giving us fresh towels, fresh water, etc. And Sendy was great with my son. She did arts and crafts with him one day....he loved it.

Only one really small complaint....valet at times was ultra slow. I recommend always calling in advance for your car. We waited over 30 minutes one time. There was a woman who looked to be overseeing the valet as a manager or someone in charge but she was clearly not approachable and very dismissive. I feel bad even writing this because, after all, I'm complaining about valet parking...such a luxury. The valet workers are awesome as far as their personalities and always offering directions, calling us by name, helping my son in the car, etc.

As we sit here in our room this morning preparing our luggage for check out, I'm already discussing with my husband when our next trip will be to Turnberry. Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: We are in room 4709 in Magnolia building. Room is great! Balcony is wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!