“First class service all around” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$75 NIGHTLY RESORT CREDIT
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Boston, Massachusetts
“First class service all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family of four just got back from a 4-day trip to Miami. We stayed at The Turnberry Isle and could not have been happier. We went o play golf and sit by the pool, and neither disappointed. The golf service was great--form the pro's to the starter to the guys who took care of our clubs--all were friendly and committed to making sure every detail was perfect. As a matter of fact, despite what I read in other reviews, I thought the service was top notch from the front desk to the poolside waitstaff to the valet service at check-in and checkout. But you expect first class service in these areas. But this same attention to detail and customer satisfaction I observed in my interaction with security. You see, I lost my glasses during checkout, and called Turnberry once I was back in Boston to see if they had been turned in. Each person I spoke to was helpful and sympathetic, but the security guard who was manning the lost and found when I called was a true credit to the Turnberry brand.Mr. Barrington Taylor was courteous and thorough as he helped me get my glasses shipped up to Massachusetts. You expect grade A service by the front-line people--but when the folks behind the scenes value the customer the way I could tell this security guard did, I know where I will stay next time I visit Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for posting about your recent trip to Turnberry Isle. We are so glad you were able to enjoy all that the resort has to offer. We are very proud of our golf and pool amenities. We strive to deliver a superior level of service and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just got back. Party of 8 with 4 adults and 4 kids, ages 7-14. I would rate this between "average" and "very good."

Other reviews nailed the problem areas: when you arrive, they do their best to turn you off. No matter what time you arrive, your room will not be ready. That is a fact. Nobody at reservations, housekeeping or management cares about this, even as check-in time comes and goes. It is clearly like this every day. Be prepared to later be told it's ready, only to go there and it's not. Be prepared to see the adjoining room you requested months earlier inexplicably go to someone else you saw just behind you in the check-in line and you have to go to an entirely different building from yours to meet up with the rest of the people in your party. Don't fill out any of the advance requests when you get your welcome email - it will just frustrate you upon arrival. Once you make peace with the bad first impression, enjoy the resort. The rooms are nice and big, with beautiful terraces/views. It's not the most beautiful resort we've been to, but it is very nice. Several exceptional people on staff help to elevate the experience.

The staff at the pool (especially Manuel) will bring you tropical drinks and good food, and will make your vacation relaxing and fun. Rodrigo, Sandy and Dimeter at the beach club are stand-outs! A short shuttle ride and they will take care of you and delight your kids in pick-up ping pong and volleyball games. Don't get too comfortable at the pool/beach, though, they close at 7 and that's it. No after-dinner swims or hot tub visits.

Amazing Esteban at the tennis courts can handle a clinic of several players with disparate ability levels.

We ate at the steakhouse (complimentary fries and bread were the best part!) and the other hotel restaurants. All good. Cascata breakfast is great. We went to the Aventura mall across the street (walkable or use shuttle) and grabbed a bite as well. Miami is a cab ride away, as is the Ft. Lauderdale area (water taxi ride is fun). Airboat rides on the Everglades are also doable from this location.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Huge property, located around a half hour cab ride to south beach. Went there on a work outing, had a good time. They have direct access to a beach club via shuttle bus which is very nice. We did have issues with our room key not working that took basically a full day to rectify, but other than that this is a good property. Don't come here if you assume you'll be right near South Beach, but if you want to golf and sit on another beach, not a bad option.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Marriott turnberry Miami , I can sum up the holiday at no less than perfect . From the moment of arrival to the hotel, the level of service was excellent , from the parking service , receptionists , rooms perfectly suited to my family , breakfast and the atmosphere . No doubt focus on the small details successful, contributing not only to stay in the hotel but recommend the hotel in general, and the Marriott chain , in particular.

Room Tip: the new building
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I will say we did have some challenges when we checked in....no microwave and hi chair for the room even though we requested it weeks in advance. Front desk wasn't very helpful but once we got Britin and Sandy on the problem it was fixed fast. Great response from the senior staff and changed our experience almost instantaneously. As a Marriott Platinum member, I have been impressed with the overall experience. Kids love the pool and water slide. Tons of food options for all of us...not your standard five kids items on the menu. The beach club was great as well. They got us setup on the beach quickly and when we transitioned to the pool it was seamless. Plenty to do and great views. Perfect for the whole family.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I just returned from the Turnberry Isle Resort in Miami, Fl.
First of all, it was a beautiful facility. It was very clean,our room was wondeful, and
the front desk people were very professional. Also the steak house was magnificent.
We took a cab from the airport and after it left, my husband realized he had left his brief case in the cab. Luis Caycho, the valet manager, immediately called the cab company, tracked down the driver and personally drove back to the cabs headquarters in Ft. Lauderdale to retrieve it. How is that for customer service?
I would definately recommend this resort to everyone and would love to come back!!!!

Room Tip: The Magnolia area was quiet and lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This has quickly become my hotel of choice whether for business or family vacations. The resort is magnificent, and the staff is second to none. I am always impressed when even the valet (Julio Garcia) goes out of their way on a daily basis to make me and my family feel at home, safe, and pampered.

Room Tip: always ask for a golf view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!