Just got back. Party of 8 with 4 adults and 4 kids, ages 7-14. I would rate this between "average" and "very good."
Other reviews nailed the problem areas: when you arrive, they do their best to turn you off. No matter what time you arrive, your room will not be ready. That is a fact. Nobody at reservations, housekeeping or management cares about this, even as check-in time comes and goes. It is clearly like this every day. Be prepared to later be told it's ready, only to go there and it's not. Be prepared to see the adjoining room you requested months earlier inexplicably go to someone else you saw just behind you in the check-in line and you have to go to an entirely different building from yours to meet up with the rest of the people in your party. Don't fill out any of the advance requests when you get your welcome email - it will just frustrate you upon arrival. Once you make peace with the bad first impression, enjoy the resort. The rooms are nice and big, with beautiful terraces/views. It's not the most beautiful resort we've been to, but it is very nice. Several exceptional people on staff help to elevate the experience.
The staff at the pool (especially Manuel) will bring you tropical drinks and good food, and will make your vacation relaxing and fun. Rodrigo, Sandy and Dimeter at the beach club are stand-outs! A short shuttle ride and they will take care of you and delight your kids in pick-up ping pong and volleyball games. Don't get too comfortable at the pool/beach, though, they close at 7 and that's it. No after-dinner swims or hot tub visits.
Amazing Esteban at the tennis courts can handle a clinic of several players with disparate ability levels.
We ate at the steakhouse (complimentary fries and bread were the best part!) and the other hotel restaurants. All good. Cascata breakfast is great. We went to the Aventura mall across the street (walkable or use shuttle) and grabbed a bite as well. Miami is a cab ride away, as is the Ft. Lauderdale area (water taxi ride is fun). Airboat rides on the Everglades are also doable from this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 300 tropical acres is the legendary Turnberry Isle Miami with beautifully-appointed spacious guest rooms and suites, golf unlike any other in the Sunshine State, the finest spa amenities, the best gourmet dining in Miami including Celebrity Chef Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak restaurant, a family-friendly Laguna Pool and private Beach Club. Have you made your vacation plans yet? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida