“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Aventura
Colorado
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I just returned from the Turnberry Isle Resort in Miami, Fl.
First of all, it was a beautiful facility. It was very clean,our room was wondeful, and
the front desk people were very professional. Also the steak house was magnificent.
We took a cab from the airport and after it left, my husband realized he had left his brief case in the cab. Luis Caycho, the valet manager, immediately called the cab company, tracked down the driver and personally drove back to the cabs headquarters in Ft. Lauderdale to retrieve it. How is that for customer service?
I would definately recommend this resort to everyone and would love to come back!!!!

Room Tip: The Magnolia area was quiet and lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This has quickly become my hotel of choice whether for business or family vacations. The resort is magnificent, and the staff is second to none. I am always impressed when even the valet (Julio Garcia) goes out of their way on a daily basis to make me and my family feel at home, safe, and pampered.

Room Tip: always ask for a golf view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ludington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights prior to a cruise, booked a Deluxe Golf View room. The view was spectacular, nice balcony, very spacious room and giant bathroom. Beds were comfortable, the pools, lazy river, waterfall, bar service and pool menu were great. It is a easy ten minute walk to a Very Nice mall, Aventura Mall. Staff was helpful, a great choice for our family, kids ages 10 and 12. We would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jasmine tower - great views and great location
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were here for a business conference. Staff was great. Evening event at Laguna pool was amazing. Next day my wife and I went on Lazy River tubing, what fun! )Grill restaurants and golf courses are fantastic. Short 10 minute walk is Mall for shopping and movies.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and I was not impressed. The resort is ok, I guess if you're a golfer it is spectacular but again, I was not impressed.

The food was ok, not a lot of healthy choices or anything that jumps out to you with the pool menu. The steak restaurant in the hotel was overpriced and again, not impressed by the service or the food. I thought the rooms were dated but nice size rooms.

One positive is that there is an adult pool which was relaxing and quite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry to hear of your service and food selection issues. We take our guest comments very seriously and will share your feedback with our food & Beverage department as well as our service ambassadors. Thank you
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a very poor stay at the Turnberry Isle property - it really left me with a bad taste in my mouth towards Marriott and questioning why I have been a gold member (over 50 nights per year) or the past five years.
My wife and I took our nine month old daughter to Turnberry Isle for a seven night vacation. The service and value at this property really seemed to be lacking compared to other properties we have stayed at. We had terrible service at the pool, room service food had plastic in it, management was nowhere to be found when we tried to report the issues. Our bill had extra charges on it. We tried to arrange a later check-out (2pm vs the regular 12pm check-out - late check-out is supposed to be one of the benefits of being a gold member) and were told that it couldn't be done because the hotel was fully booked and could only offer us 12:30pm. When I pushed this issue, they told me we could stay until 2pm, but they were going to charge us for a half days stay......hang on, I thought you were fully booked and needed us out of our room for the next guest?!? Odd that they can make room for us if we give them more money, but not without. My recommendation would be to avoid this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are very sorry to hear of your recent unacceptable experience at Turnberry Isle. Our management team will reach out to you personally to follow up with your concerns. Thank you
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Heavenly resort, beautiful room on 7th floor with nice balcony, yummy food, enjoyed the music entertainment in the piano lounge, great spa,best massage& reflexology yet. Hubby enjoyed the golf. Bobby at Laguna pool makes guests feel at home and it can be stressful going to a pool with a little one and Bobby made the experience so delightful. Thanks!

Room Tip: 7th floor was awesome. We had an adjoining room with friends. The waterfall outside our balcony was...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!