“A very nice resort if you like golf” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   19999 West Country Club Drive, Aventura, FL 33180   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Aventura
Bethel, Connecticut
“A very nice resort if you like golf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful resort! Large complex spread out among different buildings with nicely manicured walkways.

Rooms are large and bathrooms match in size. Top notch restaurant on premises for dinner. The other restaurant for breakfast or lunch can be rather busy and crowded if you show up a bit later or without a reservation.

Beautiful lobby with a rather popular bar for the evenings with plenty of sofas and chairs to relax in. Overall a very nice hotel and part of the Marriott chain now.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Turnberry Resorts was excellent, it has everything you need all in one location. Is next to Aventura Mall which is one of the best Malls in Miami. The service is great the staff makes you feel welcome, and you can feel the good atmosphere of the hotel as soon as walk into the resort.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Turnberry continues to overdeliver to my highest expectations. I just feel so comfortable there.
The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, the physical facilities are clean, well attended and very conveniently located. The large pool is a great way to spend an afternoon.
I keep coming back and continue to be delighted.
Bourbon Steak Rest on property is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Although the golf course rooms may seem to be preferred I actually like the front facing rooms bette...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lockport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went to the Turnberry Isle for a business conference. It is a lovely hotel, staff was very courteous, and my room was quite spacious. The bathroom itself was massive. It seems like it could use some updating, but all in all it was pleasant. Upon arrival I did find myself wandering around looking for a place to eat, and sat down at the pool, but ultimately got up after no one acknowledged me. I finally went to the concierge to ask where I could have lunch. I was told where to go. It would have been nice if someone actually showed me. I did have a nice lunch, however the order was wrong for my colleauge. Service was somewhat slow so we didnt say anything as we had an event to get to. I did make sometime for the Spa, which definately needs to be updated, but had two fantastic services. Alex was an excellent masseuse and the aesthetician, who was French, was perfect. The services were reasonably priced as well. I was disappointed that this was not a beach front property, but that was not the hotel's issue. Apparently the golf course is amazing and if that's what you like to do this is your place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I spent eight nights at Turnberry Isle and I have no regrets. From the Moment I arrived I felt more than welcome. The Service was impeccable in all Areas. The staff is very friendly and in my experience each and every one really went the extra mile to make sure I was happy, no exceptions.
There is a shuttle bus going all day that takes you to and from the Aventura Mall for Shopping and to the beach Club located just North of Miami Beach. Walking to the mall from the Hotel takes no more than 5 minutes though.
The Restaurants on the Resort grounds was also excellent, Bourbon Steakhouse beeing my favorite one. The bartenders at the Bourbon Steakhouse bar were wonderful, thank you Alex and Michelle for your work and kindness.
The two golfcourses are without a doubt two of the best courses i've ever played. My favourite of the two is the Soffer course. The layout is beutiful and the 64 foot tall waterfall at the 18th Island green just takes your breath away.
I will defeinitely be coming back to the Turnberry soon. It was a true pleasure being a guest there.

Room Tip: I was in the Orchid wing with a Kingsize room with the balcony facing the golfcourse, wonderful view...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and for taking the time to let us know that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and I am sure that Alex and Michelle will be glad to hear your kind words.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel was very nice, my room was huge and the resort kind of gives you an "away from home feeling." But I called for several things to be sent to my room (like a simple toothbrush) and didn't get someone over until an hr later. I ended up buying what I needed at the shop.
I think service can definitely be improved but the hotel and the rooms are very nice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Turnberry Isle Miami. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you felt at home on our property, which is always a wonderful thing to hear. We are sorry to hear about the delay in service for your requested items, and I will most definitely look into how to prevent this from occurring in the future.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm going to start by saying this place is massive property with many good staff and lots of bad. This place is far from everything. On the website it states Aventura Miami and that is true lovely neighborhood but you are about 50 mins from south beach , Lincoln rd. and so on. They don't have a beach but a shuttle that runs to and from the hotel and the beach is about 20-30 min depending on traffic. If you wanted to eat breakfast at 11 am , you can't that's what we were told there is a gap in the restaurant until 11:45 am when they start serving lunch. We where not given any other option. This happen on Sunday, on Saturday we were their at 8:30am we were seated by a man in suit after I gave him our name and room number , was never address by name and never sow a waiter to explain to us how things worked, so we just go on line and start with the buffet. Typical buffet nothing crazy the cooks were on the money with making eggs the way I like them . We seat down and still no waiter to get us coffee or juice by this time all the waiters are looking at us but no one approaches for about 10 mins we ate and could have walked out. I call over a waiter asked for coffee and our check. He asked if we had the continental breakfast or buffet , I say we had eggs so I guess that's buffet he brings us the coffee our check and an apology that no one helped us with coffee. Friday night we had a great meal at the steak house on property, very good except for the garlic mash that was terrible but the meat was good, service on the other hand was terrible our waiter was the worst I had in a long time, very very pushy!! He was pushing some wine for about $150 which we ended purchasing something double that price put someone who wasn't in our position would have felt pressure and he did the same with the food. We started to ignore him because he was becoming very annoying , so we needed to block him out. The last straw was when we asked for the check and told him we would pay by cash and then changed our mind to put it on our room bill, he went on to say it would be easier for him if it was cash! We looked at each other and said its easier for us to put it on our room. He is lucky that 18% was already include because he was not worth it!!!!! The girl at the front desk was a nice girl but def. needs more training ! Couldn't get the bill right another long story don't have the time. You need a taxi or a car just for the simplest things, Can not walk anywhere in this neighborhood so make sure you expense that. Needs a lot of work before you see me here again! Didn't not enjoy myself! The rooms were nice but I'm not staying in my room for the whole trip nor did I play golf the whole trip. The hotel has possibilities you need to hire spotters to come in and review every part, that's free advice! Brayant the concierge was helpful and followed through . Wanted to end with a positive!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your in-depth review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear about the parts of your stay that were enjoyable, but I will definitely follow up to determine the reasons behind the lapses in service that you experienced.

I have sent you a message privately so we can best discuss your experiences further, and I thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Turnberry Isle.

James Paul

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!