“Turnberry Isle Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
New York City, New York
“Turnberry Isle Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Turnberry continues to overdeliver to my highest expectations. I just feel so comfortable there.
The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, the physical facilities are clean, well attended and very conveniently located. The large pool is a great way to spend an afternoon.
I keep coming back and continue to be delighted.
Bourbon Steak Rest on property is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Although the golf course rooms may seem to be preferred I actually like the front facing rooms bette...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Polish first
Lockport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went to the Turnberry Isle for a business conference. It is a lovely hotel, staff was very courteous, and my room was quite spacious. The bathroom itself was massive. It seems like it could use some updating, but all in all it was pleasant. Upon arrival I did find myself wandering around looking for a place to eat, and sat down at the pool, but ultimately got up after no one acknowledged me. I finally went to the concierge to ask where I could have lunch. I was told where to go. It would have been nice if someone actually showed me. I did have a nice lunch, however the order was wrong for my colleauge. Service was somewhat slow so we didnt say anything as we had an event to get to. I did make sometime for the Spa, which definately needs to be updated, but had two fantastic services. Alex was an excellent masseuse and the aesthetician, who was French, was perfect. The services were reasonably priced as well. I was disappointed that this was not a beach front property, but that was not the hotel's issue. Apparently the golf course is amazing and if that's what you like to do this is your place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I spent eight nights at Turnberry Isle and I have no regrets. From the Moment I arrived I felt more than welcome. The Service was impeccable in all Areas. The staff is very friendly and in my experience each and every one really went the extra mile to make sure I was happy, no exceptions.
There is a shuttle bus going all day that takes you to and from the Aventura Mall for Shopping and to the beach Club located just North of Miami Beach. Walking to the mall from the Hotel takes no more than 5 minutes though.
The Restaurants on the Resort grounds was also excellent, Bourbon Steakhouse beeing my favorite one. The bartenders at the Bourbon Steakhouse bar were wonderful, thank you Alex and Michelle for your work and kindness.
The two golfcourses are without a doubt two of the best courses i've ever played. My favourite of the two is the Soffer course. The layout is beutiful and the 64 foot tall waterfall at the 18th Island green just takes your breath away.
I will defeinitely be coming back to the Turnberry soon. It was a true pleasure being a guest there.

Room Tip: I was in the Orchid wing with a Kingsize room with the balcony facing the golfcourse, wonderful view...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and for taking the time to let us know that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and I am sure that Alex and Michelle will be glad to hear your kind words.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel was very nice, my room was huge and the resort kind of gives you an "away from home feeling." But I called for several things to be sent to my room (like a simple toothbrush) and didn't get someone over until an hr later. I ended up buying what I needed at the shop.
I think service can definitely be improved but the hotel and the rooms are very nice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Turnberry Isle Miami. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you felt at home on our property, which is always a wonderful thing to hear. We are sorry to hear about the delay in service for your requested items, and I will most definitely look into how to prevent this from occurring in the future.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm going to start by saying this place is massive property with many good staff and lots of bad. This place is far from everything. On the website it states Aventura Miami and that is true lovely neighborhood but you are about 50 mins from south beach , Lincoln rd. and so on. They don't have a beach but a shuttle that runs to and from the hotel and the beach is about 20-30 min depending on traffic. If you wanted to eat breakfast at 11 am , you can't that's what we were told there is a gap in the restaurant until 11:45 am when they start serving lunch. We where not given any other option. This happen on Sunday, on Saturday we were their at 8:30am we were seated by a man in suit after I gave him our name and room number , was never address by name and never sow a waiter to explain to us how things worked, so we just go on line and start with the buffet. Typical buffet nothing crazy the cooks were on the money with making eggs the way I like them . We seat down and still no waiter to get us coffee or juice by this time all the waiters are looking at us but no one approaches for about 10 mins we ate and could have walked out. I call over a waiter asked for coffee and our check. He asked if we had the continental breakfast or buffet , I say we had eggs so I guess that's buffet he brings us the coffee our check and an apology that no one helped us with coffee. Friday night we had a great meal at the steak house on property, very good except for the garlic mash that was terrible but the meat was good, service on the other hand was terrible our waiter was the worst I had in a long time, very very pushy!! He was pushing some wine for about $150 which we ended purchasing something double that price put someone who wasn't in our position would have felt pressure and he did the same with the food. We started to ignore him because he was becoming very annoying , so we needed to block him out. The last straw was when we asked for the check and told him we would pay by cash and then changed our mind to put it on our room bill, he went on to say it would be easier for him if it was cash! We looked at each other and said its easier for us to put it on our room. He is lucky that 18% was already include because he was not worth it!!!!! The girl at the front desk was a nice girl but def. needs more training ! Couldn't get the bill right another long story don't have the time. You need a taxi or a car just for the simplest things, Can not walk anywhere in this neighborhood so make sure you expense that. Needs a lot of work before you see me here again! Didn't not enjoy myself! The rooms were nice but I'm not staying in my room for the whole trip nor did I play golf the whole trip. The hotel has possibilities you need to hire spotters to come in and review every part, that's free advice! Brayant the concierge was helpful and followed through . Wanted to end with a positive!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your in-depth review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear about the parts of your stay that were enjoyable, but I will definitely follow up to determine the reasons behind the lapses in service that you experienced.

I have sent you a message privately so we can best discuss your experiences further, and I thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Turnberry Isle.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at Turnberry Isle. This is a very nice property, but I have one major complaint. We booked through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts which provide a 4 pm check-out GUARANTEED. Upon arrival to our room, I read a "welcome" card from the management of the hotel listing the benefits provided to Amex Platinum cardholders : the card lumped together certain benefits that are based on availability and the guaranteed 4pm check-out on one line, and put in parenthesis next to the benefits (upon availability). I was puzzled as to how a GUARANTEED check-out could be "upon availability". It's either guaranteed or it's not. The next morning, I went to the reception desk and told them that they should not have the words "upon availability" after the words "guaranteed 4 pm check out". Sure enough, the employee at the reception desk apologized and gave us two NEW card keys to our room and assured us that the cards would allow us access to our room till 4 pm (which means that they were in fact not going to honor the 4:00 pm check-out if I had not inquired). Later on, we went to our spa appointments and when we got back to our room at 3:45 pm, the room was locked and we could not get in. We asked a member of the cleaning crew (who was in the hallway) to open the door for us, but he said he was unable to do so and called security to open the door for us. We waited 10 minutes for "security" to come to the rescue. Finally, I went back to the reception desk and found another reception desk employee. I told him this was very unprofessional and even unethical for the hotel to try to get out of their commitment for a 4pm late checkout. If Turnberry Isle does not wish to participate in Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, they should just get out of the program. The guy at the reception desk did not seem too embarrassed about what had happened, but nevertheless he apologized and gave me yet another card key to my room.
This is totally unacceptable!
Also, don't bother calling the parking attendant from your room to have your car pulled up for you. They won't do anything until you get downstairs and ask the parking attendant in person. Then, the latter will ask one of the guys to go get your car. This happened twice. If they don't want to pull up cars prior to the guests getting downstairs, they should say so.
Finally, I think a good word of advice for the management of Turnberry Isle is that when they are giving a room upgrade to a guest, they should ask the guest if they are ok if the upgraded room shares a balcony with the room next door. They put us in a room that connected to the room next door and that shared a balcony. We could see the interior of the room next door. No privacy. Fortunately, the guests next door did not decide to go out of on the balcony at the time as we did. It would have been an uncomfortable situation.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Turnberry Isle Miami with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and is an invaluable tool for us to ensure that we are doing everything possible to satisfy the needs of our guests.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with check-out times, and I would like to look into this in further detail. I have sent you a message privately with hopes that we can connect and discuss your experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I was staying here for a conference with my company. From check-in to dinner; service seemed to be a priority. The room was clean, comfortable,spacious & gorgeous. Very similar to the Ritz-Carlton/Four Seasons caliber room types.
Unfortunately I did not have time to play golf; but I promised myself that I will be back with my husband to enjoy the courses. The view from my room of the course was gorgeous!
Convenience & proximity to the Ft.Lauderdale airport is key - just 20 mins.
Perfect for a weekend getaway from Boston! I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Deena,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your Turnberry Isle Miami experience with us. We strive to deliver an unparalleled experience, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and hope that you are able to enjoy our golf courses in the future.

James Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall
Thompson Miami Beach
#3 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 577 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!