My husband and I just stayed at Turnberry Isle. This is a very nice property, but I have one major complaint. We booked through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts which provide a 4 pm check-out GUARANTEED. Upon arrival to our room, I read a "welcome" card from the management of the hotel listing the benefits provided to Amex Platinum cardholders : the card lumped together certain benefits that are based on availability and the guaranteed 4pm check-out on one line, and put in parenthesis next to the benefits (upon availability). I was puzzled as to how a GUARANTEED check-out could be "upon availability". It's either guaranteed or it's not. The next morning, I went to the reception desk and told them that they should not have the words "upon availability" after the words "guaranteed 4 pm check out". Sure enough, the employee at the reception desk apologized and gave us two NEW card keys to our room and assured us that the cards would allow us access to our room till 4 pm (which means that they were in fact not going to honor the 4:00 pm check-out if I had not inquired). Later on, we went to our spa appointments and when we got back to our room at 3:45 pm, the room was locked and we could not get in. We asked a member of the cleaning crew (who was in the hallway) to open the door for us, but he said he was unable to do so and called security to open the door for us. We waited 10 minutes for "security" to come to the rescue. Finally, I went back to the reception desk and found another reception desk employee. I told him this was very unprofessional and even unethical for the hotel to try to get out of their commitment for a 4pm late checkout. If Turnberry Isle does not wish to participate in Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, they should just get out of the program. The guy at the reception desk did not seem too embarrassed about what had happened, but nevertheless he apologized and gave me yet another card key to my room.
This is totally unacceptable!
Also, don't bother calling the parking attendant from your room to have your car pulled up for you. They won't do anything until you get downstairs and ask the parking attendant in person. Then, the latter will ask one of the guys to go get your car. This happened twice. If they don't want to pull up cars prior to the guests getting downstairs, they should say so.
Finally, I think a good word of advice for the management of Turnberry Isle is that when they are giving a room upgrade to a guest, they should ask the guest if they are ok if the upgraded room shares a balcony with the room next door. They put us in a room that connected to the room next door and that shared a balcony. We could see the interior of the room next door. No privacy. Fortunately, the guests next door did not decide to go out of on the balcony at the time as we did. It would have been an uncomfortable situation.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Fairmont Turnberry
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 300 tropical acres is the legendary Turnberry Isle Miami with beautifully-appointed spacious guest rooms and suites, golf unlike any other in the Sunshine State, the finest spa amenities, the best gourmet dining in Miami including Celebrity Chef Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak restaurant, a family-friendly Laguna Pool and private Beach Club. Have you made your vacation plans yet? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.