“Service needs TONS of work, facilities are beautiful though...” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20% thru 5/3!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Service needs TONS of work, facilities are beautiful though...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wonderful looking hotel with nice pool and 2 top notch golf courses. The service at this hotel needs a TON of work. One day our rooms were not cleaned and towels replaced so we couldn't shower that day.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We appreciate you letting us know about your experience at Turnberry Isle Miami as your feedback is valuable to us. We have privately messaged you in order to learn more from your stay and so we can also address your concerns with appropriate team members. Thank you.

James Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really, really wanted to love this resort. The rooms are fantastic with luxury linens, and the property itself (and especially pool area) are breathtaking. However, there is something else breathtaking here, as well—the consistently horrendous service. It was so bad that I had to speak to the manager. She was sympathetic, but it's not like you can overhaul an entire staff with one phone call. Unfortunately, that is really what needs to happen here. There was not one area where we did not experience complete incompetence the level of which I have never encountered before. This includes front desk, concierge, Cascata and Laguna Grill, front desk of the spa, and housekeeping. My husband and I kept joking that we must be on some sort of reality show with all the mishaps. Corporate needs to clean house here in a big way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Turnberry-Mgmt, Manager at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I am incredibly sorry to hear about your recent experiences during your stay with us. Although I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and rooms, there is no excuse for any lapse in the quality of our staff's commitment to consistent, excellent service. I have reached out privately in the hopes that I can speak with you further about your experience, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Paige Koerbel
Managing Director, Turnberry Isle Miami
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

After traveling ALL DAY to attend a conference here, I was sooo tired, and starving! When I arrived at the hotel I was told they were looking for the "best available room"...ten minutes later they admitted the only room was across the street!! They had oversold the hotel, and had no room for me. This was after I received nine - Im NOT exaggerating - NINE email confirmations from them. I realize that overbooking happens sometimes, but they moved me to a 2 star hotel, that was just gross. Since I was starving, I asked for room service, they said to try dominos pizza bc they have no food. When i finally moved to Turnberry, they gave me some fruit to make up for the inconvenience they caused. Not impressed. After staying here, the rooms are nice, everything looks pretty, but the service isnt great and little things dont work (remote, lights, air, etc.) I tried to order from the late night menu in my room, but then when i called they said they dont do late night room service anymore, so I was on my own. It has been one problem after another! Overall it was a rough experience and I would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: the jasmine rooms are more expensive, they are a litlle bigger but not sure its worth the $$
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than stellar, and are looking into your confirmation, check-in and room service experiences further as part of our continued commitment to deliver a world-class experience for our guests. We appreciate and value your comments.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The room was very large and well appointed, the drapery led through french doors onto a large patio/deck overlooking the golf course. Quiet . . . chairs you can actually sit in and read a book. At the same time you are 1/4 mile off Biscayne with easy access to Ft Lauderdale and Miami. Lots of high end shopping, as well as ethnic and local options. I'm a fan --- BUT -- I have also been told that I was in the best of the buildings, building "1" with the golf view. Hotel is big enough to have a very busy driveway, this is a conference resort hotel that delivered for us for 5 days.

Room Tip: Building 1 is the newest. Get a high floor with golf course view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was struck first by the dirty front doors, black with hand and finger prints (for lack of a doorman perhaps?). The same was the case with the doors leading to the walkway to our building. If they can't afford some paint, maybe a little Mister Clean? We had dinner (for seven) at the Bourbon Steak restaurant, the most expensive and disappointing steak house I've experienced. My $54, "18 ounce" bone-in "prime" ribeye was nowhere near 18 ounces - a thin, lightweight, pedestrian piece of meat. An appetizer platter of assorted seafood was sparse and stinky. Sides of mac 'n cheese, sauteed onions, and risotto ($11 each) were unremarkable and skimpy. The service was outstanding but could not overcome food that was mediocre at best. Resting in our room before an evening gala event (we were with a corporate group) a staff member knocked on the door wanting to know if we needed the honor bar restocked. Huh? I have never before been disturbed at a hotel by someone wanting to know if the honor bar needed restocking. Isn't that something housekeeping does, or perhaps the person who delivers the bucket of ice to your room in the evening? Oh, never mind, the bucket of ice that the guest services book said would be delivered to our room each evening did not appear on either of the nights we were there. Lunch at the hotel's Cascata grill was slow in coming, and when it did, wasn't what was ordered. Both my wife and a friend had entrees they had not ordered put before them. Breakfast at the same restaurant featured kitchen staff bickering in loud voices about who was and wasn't pulling their weight. The time spent arguing might explain our overcooked omelets. Turnberry has a vegetable garden on the property and we booked a tour of the of the garden with a hotel chef. We arrived 10 minutes early as instructed to meet a "uniformed chef" who would conduct the garden tour. The chef was a no show. The folks at the desk said there was a scheduling misunderstanding. So much for arriving 10 minutes early. We had friends who waited forever for a bartender to return from who knows where to serve them at the pool bar. My wife and a friend took the resort shuttle to a nearby mall, and then waited, and waited and waited for the shuttle to return. The driver explained he had been diverted to handle another route because one the of the hotel's two shuttle vans was broken down. On checkout, the clerk could not provide us a complete, itemized bill for our stay. Turnberry, while landlocked, is on a beautiful parcel in Aventura, North of Miami. It has such great potential and really needs ownership and management that understands how a resort should look and behave. We encountered some delightful housekeepers, bellmen and valet drivers, but they couldn't compensate for the resort's general dysfunction.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are disappointed to learn of your recent experience at Turnberry Isle Miami. What you have detailed certainly does not live up to our commitment to service excellence and cleanliness. We do apologize and have sent you a private message in hopes we may connect with you in order to further learn from your experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a business function and was fortunate to have experienced the venue. I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was very nice, spacious and overlooked the golf course. After work, I ran the 3 mile track that went around the perimeter of the property. A nice treat in winter. Although they couldn't check me in early, i was able to use the spa to get ready for my meetings. The onsite steakhouse was very good. I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Mike,

We feel fortunate to have had you as our recent guest. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

1. Horrible fitness facility in regards to cardiovascular equipment. Its a great layout and has great potential but they went on the cheap in regards to brand of cardio equipment. Put a little money into replacing that to be a 5 star.

2. I cannot understand how security is allowed to enter one's room at 1 AM because a fellow guest complains that a TV in the room is too loud. The tv was at lvl 58/100. Either do a better job and limit the volume on your TV's or build goddam thicker walls. This borders on criminal.....who knows what can happen when a stranger enters one's room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your feedback from your business trip this month. We are disappointed to learn you were not happy with our fitness facility which was recently renovated with all new LifeFitness signature series cardio equipment. We would like the opportunity to speak with you in order to further learn from your experience and have sent you a private message so we can connect.

James Paul

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!