The hotel location and layout were a bit unconventional, but everything was very well maintained. The rooms are in one of 3-4 different buildings with "outdoor" hallways. The rooms looked relatively new or newly remodeled. The beds were comfortable and spacious. They were putting new larger, HD flat-screen TVs in the rooms while we were there. There are two pools. The larger pool is great. It's large and has a waterfall as well as food/bev service in the pool area. There's also a lazy river (that I didn't see) and tennis courts. The hotel is not on the beach, but there's a free shuttle that takes you to their beach club. It's a 10 min ride. The beach club has a small pool, hammocks, and cabanas (not ocean-side though). You take a short walk to the beach and the staff is there to get you set up with a beach chair and umbrella (free). They also have wait staff to bring you refreshments.
Overall, about a third of the staff I encountered were truly service-oriented. The rest were quite cold; even in their "required" greetings to you in the halls. The conference staff was wonderful. They were always on hand to resolve any issues we had. The food for the conference was very good, too.
They have a wonderful fitness facility and a spa. The fitness area is huge and has a great locker room. The golf course is gorgeous and is used for LPGA tournaments. There is a restaurant on the property, a bar that offers food, as well a pool-side snack bar. All are rather expensive. The hotel is walking distance to a shopping that has restaurants. But, I wouldn't feel safe walking alone in the dark. The area a block over is a bit sketchy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its two championship golf courses designed by Raymond Floyd, Celebrity Chef Michael Mina's award-winning BOURBON STEAK restaurant, three-story Spa & Fitness Center, the elite Canas Tennis, three relaxing pools, 40,000 square feet of meetings space, Beach Club on The Atlantic, 117-slip Marina and engaging kids camps all within reach of 408 spacious guest rooms and suites. Just minutes from South Beach, Turnberry Isle Miami is located across the street from South Florida's leading shopping destination - Aventura Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Marriott, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida