“Nice but not pretentious” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 20% thru 3/5!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
“Nice but not pretentious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel location and layout were a bit unconventional, but everything was very well maintained. The rooms are in one of 3-4 different buildings with "outdoor" hallways. The rooms looked relatively new or newly remodeled. The beds were comfortable and spacious. They were putting new larger, HD flat-screen TVs in the rooms while we were there. There are two pools. The larger pool is great. It's large and has a waterfall as well as food/bev service in the pool area. There's also a lazy river (that I didn't see) and tennis courts. The hotel is not on the beach, but there's a free shuttle that takes you to their beach club. It's a 10 min ride. The beach club has a small pool, hammocks, and cabanas (not ocean-side though). You take a short walk to the beach and the staff is there to get you set up with a beach chair and umbrella (free). They also have wait staff to bring you refreshments.

Overall, about a third of the staff I encountered were truly service-oriented. The rest were quite cold; even in their "required" greetings to you in the halls. The conference staff was wonderful. They were always on hand to resolve any issues we had. The food for the conference was very good, too.

They have a wonderful fitness facility and a spa. The fitness area is huge and has a great locker room. The golf course is gorgeous and is used for LPGA tournaments. There is a restaurant on the property, a bar that offers food, as well a pool-side snack bar. All are rather expensive. The hotel is walking distance to a shopping that has restaurants. But, I wouldn't feel safe walking alone in the dark. The area a block over is a bit sketchy.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, don't get a room on the golf course side. My room was on the first floo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed the property and have shared your review with our team so we can learn from your service experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

James Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending four days at Turnberry for a business function last week. The property is just beautiful and offers a refined yet elegantly relaxed atmosphere. I enjoyed being in a room with a view of the amazing golf course with a balcony. It's a great spot for a cocktail at sunset. The food at Bourbon Steak was well worth the effort of getting a reservation. The next time I'd be happy just eating at their bar if I couldn't get the reservation I wanted.

I loved the huge bathroom with the closet located inside of it. It made getting ready in the morning easy to not disturb your mate.

The hotel entrance can get quite congested if groups are in the house. The same goes for the main pool. Even as an adult a few rides around their lazy river was very fun. Don't miss it. Food at the pool is pricey but the quantity was reasonable. Publics Grocery is located just across the street near the mall if you want to take a walk and pick up some items for your room.

Room Tip: I preferred a room facing the golf course with a balcony. I was on the first floor which is normall...
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Get ready to be put on hold for every call to any service area of the hotel: front desk, concierge, etc. They are "professionally" cordial but disorganized and will not go out of their way or beyond their role to help you. Asked for a room change, was promised by one associate, rejected by the next associate the next day with comments that the hotel was full. The hotel was NOT full.
My favorite was the bartender who made a sour expression the first night when I asked to get a drink five minutes after last call, and the second night when I asked him if he could deliver a tray of drinks to the pool. I spent @ $1000 at the bar and tipped 20%. Sorry to put you out guys!

Room Tip: Ask for golf view or at least not the Pool view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent business trip. We are happy to learn you enjoyed the property and unfortunately disappointed as well to read your comments about service. We will immediately address your concerns and have sent you a private message in hopes we may discuss your experience further.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here three nights and couldn't have enjoyed it much more. Property is very well maintained and staff is excellent. My guestroom (as well as its bathroom & terrace) was massive and completely clean. Extra points for the Molton Brown bath products! Outstanding on-site dining option in Bourbon Steak - which is just fantastic if quite expensive (luckily we were in town during Miami Spice so there were deals). Adjacent to Aventura Mall, which has arguably the best shopping in South Florida, and close to the beaches with easy enough access to 95. Would definitely consider returning in the area - especially now that the hotel is affiliated with Marriott (points!).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Ellen,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and that our spacious guest rooms with their Molton Brown bath products in addition to Bourbon Steak and Aventura Mall were a hit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I just recently stayed at this beautiful hotel and the staff was outstanding! I spent all my days at the pool and all the guys who set me up were friendly and kind also the young girl on the slide was great as well she knew how to handle the kids. I ate from the grill everyday and the food was at its best, especially the Asian salad, I give that 5 stars. My only complaint about the pool experience is one day I sat up on the tables by the grill (they were pulled in because of the raining week) and I overheard the manager (he seemed to be the manager due to the fact he was not serving and had on a different uniform on, a collared shirt) aggressively and rudely talk to his employees. I only mean to bring this up because of the fact I was sitting right there and I couldn't help but it hear it and it was not pleasant
at all. I did enjoy the service of the bartender and servers Patrick and Angie. They always
Made sure to keep a smile on our faces during lunch and always kept a smile on their faces as well. I also enjoyed the service of the valet man whom I can not remember his name. We will be returning soon!

• Stayed September 2013
We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your recent stay and moreover had the opportunity to experience our popular Laguna Pool. Thank you for your feedback. We will also immediately address the service professional you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed our visits. However, we just spent 4 nights here and this was the best visit yet. The hotel has upgraded the loungers in the pool area and all areas of the hotel were very clean and well maintained.
Our room was large and had one of the most beautiful bathrooms in any hotel we have visited. The breakfast buffet in the Grill was also perfection! The staff were all helpful and made you feel welcome and special. Cant wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel has a lot of remnants from it days as a Fairmont Hotel which is a good thing! The hotel was above my expectations, as I'm not always sure what to expect from an Autograph hotel (they are all different and somewhat inconsistent). The rooms were large with a nice balcony with room to sit, read and get sun. The bathrooms are oversized with shower and a tub - which I have seen at other Fairmont's that I have stayed at. Rooms were very clean.

I had room service twice and both meals were excellent. I had dinner at the bar at the hotel's Bourbon Restaurant - the meal was great but the prices very high for both food and liquor (very high) and the lady bartender was indifferent / not friendly at all - this was my only negative experience. I was attending a meeting and the banquet food was good.

I was staying here on a biz trip and would definitely return and try this hotel out for a leisure stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are happy to learn that your experience was most enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. We will immediately address your comment about the service professional at Bourbon Steak, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future for leisure.

James Paul

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!