“Very nice resort with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Berlin, Germany
“Very nice resort with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Almost every month my hubby and I stay at Turnberry Isle. We can def. say that comparing to other places, Turnberry Isle isn't not only better re the large rooms, but also prices and service in the hotel, including the valet parking and luggage service. A BIG Thanks for the very helpful and always friendly David Munoz, Jorge B. and Julio V.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We value our repeat guests and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at our resort. We’ll be sure to share your comments with the service professionals you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

James Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A great resort with golf course and nice looking pool.

Room was large, with patio overlooking the golf course. The bathroom was huge with both shower and separate tub.

Only real issue was on check out. Requested a car / taxi to get to FLL for a early morning flight and confirmed with front desk that was paying by credit card. To my surprise on arrival at FLL the taxi did not take credit cards. Other was I left my valet ticket at front desk for another guest to use my car. The front desk nor the valet could not find the ticket or receipt for the car. My friend had to go through all the keys in the valet station to find the car.

Hotel is nice but not really geared for business travel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cedarhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Turnberry Isle. I wanted to focus on the incredible service of the pool staff, Tyandra, Pablo, Emanuel, Patrick, Angie and their Outtanding manager Stephanie. Thank you and the rest of the staff at Turnberry for making this such a relaxing trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Joe,

Mojitos, golf, tennis and impeccable service sound like a perfect vacation. We are glad you enjoyed all four at our resort and thank you for acknowledging our hard-working pool team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Don't do it!!! It is my advise to all.

Service is the worst when it comes to concierge and moving about.
NO CAB SERVICE really? Missed our dinner Reservation twice in one night
Ended up having to rent a car to escape the poor service.
Over priced like you cannot believe.
Two drinks, pool side . $30.00. Grat @20% on everything no matter the service.
It can be, and has been go Scr-w yourself service and 20% added for insult to injury.
Locked out of room after leaving for breakfast. Worst time to be locked if there is a good time.
Bed is shot, and pad is insult to injury.

Pass you could spend half the money on a better more well maintained resort.

BTW,
Florida in general is not what it use to be.
My last trip last year I noticed the difference.
Customer service no matter where you go, rental a car, hotel, dinner or the airport total slip.
Go some place that appreciates your patronage.

Room Tip: DON'T best tip I can provide.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are disappointed to learn of your recent experience at Turnberry Isle Miami and have sent you a private message so we can better understand and learn from your concerns.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Turnberry Isle is a excellent hotel, with excellent rooms, excellent services with a very courteous and efficient attendants. The hotel pools and golf camp are spectacular, the breakfast is good. It was one of the best hotels that a have stayed in the Miami area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
new orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Even though the hotel is getting older its still a favorite. This year we had an unlimited golf package-a great deal for us! I grew up in Florida so the trips back are always special. A special thanks to our fabulous housekeeper "Luz". Who kept our room well equipped through shower/golf/shower/golf again...., Michael in the fitness center, the entire pro shop, cart boys, starters, etc....for us it was a bit of heaven.

• Stayed August 2013
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We are happy to hear that Turnberry Isle Miami is one of your favorite places and that you continue choose us as your destination for vacation. We’ll be sure to share your comments with our team, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Bring lots and lots of $$$$$$! We got to South Florida quite a bit being from Florida and having family not far away. We also travel to other cities frequently for both work and pleasure. We have been to many 3-5 star hotels over the years in many different cities. Based on the area & star rating we have always wanted to try Turnberry. We spent a weekend there end of July 2013. Our rate included breakfast buffet (looks great lack in taste & service they add 18% grad) valet $30 a day(WHAT!!!!!!) & took far too long to get cars (tips tips tips) an additional chrg of $18 a day for resort fee on top of a $289 per night rate. As a Marriott Reward member we were "upgraded" to a larger room (looked no different than the one I reserved). I also requested early check in. We got there at 3 pm norm check in is at 4 pm. Not was our room not ready at arrival...but it wasn't even ready at check in time 4PM. It was ready a little after 4:30! They took our bags along with my makeup and left it on the curb in the hot Miami sun. What is with this place? I had to tell the bell hop that my makeup would melt so he did put it inside but I should not have to bring that to their attention not to mention that anyone could come by and take our luggage. It was not secure. The pool was very pretty, my 11 yr old son liked it a lot. It was a resort pool with lazy river and slide. What you should know is that they don't keep up with hrs at pool. The pool attendees open slide when they open it...no real hours are honored. Supposed to be open at 10 am (even though pool is open much earlier) but all the days we where there it was 10:30-11:00 before they opened it. As a guest with a child waiting to be on the slide...this is a problem. Lots of landscape so the lazy river needs to be attended too in the "clean dept". Nice women & men's lounge (restroom) by pool however not set up for those that golf like most "golf resorts". The pool attendees aren't the friendliest. Front desk staff a little snotty and not in a hurry at all to get you checked in. Lines to check in are long...the wait to check in & out is crazy. The area to do so is SO small! Huge entry to hotel...tiny check in area. The hotel was very busy & we were all tripping over each other to be in the tiny check-in/out room. The room we got was golf view, king with sofa bed. Size was good, large, view was very pretty. The bathroom very pretty with all upscale floors and fixtures. Loved all the marble & hard wood throughout. Closets were large, robes and tub very nicely appointed. In room frig was stocked ($$$$) would be nice to have had one empty.
The hotel surroundings were lovely...I loved all the hallways, marble, all the doors, even the elevator was nice! The views from all the floors we were on was very pretty and the area around the hotel was more neighborhood like with high rises. Love the close drive or walk (too hot in July) to Aventura Mall. Golf store was ok, the food was not up to par for the price & the portion size was crazy cheap. We spent $70 with tip for lunch for a tiny chicken salad, fish tacos and child's meal of pasta with marinara (which my son wouldn't eat he said it tasted terrible) he is a great eater and not picky at all so it had to be bad. Second morning with breakfast my son who LOVES sausage would not eat it because it was clear to us all it was from the morning before (really?). Had it not been for our rate including breakfast it would have cost us $70 with tip. I know this because after I was home I looked on my credit card & they tried to charge me for it. I had to call and get it removed...still waiting on that. It took two calls after being on hold for 15 mins the first call and no one returned to phone. Nice CS. With my rate I also had a $50 resort credit per day to use. I got the first day but had to "remind" them to credit it the other days. All in all for what your paying at Turnberry you should not have any of these issues to deal with. Its further out but for the service, pool & golf along with room size save your hard earned $$ and go to Doral Miami stay at Hyatt at the Blue. We have been many times and FAR better than Turnberry in the service dept. In short, unless its free we won't be back...far too stressful to have to watch this place every second in order not to be ripped off or have my things ruined and get what I am suppose to get with rate etc.

Room Tip: LOL bring a lot of money and plan on spending it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jeremiah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn of your experience and have privately messaged you in hopes we may connect.

James Paul

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!