I have had the pleasure of coming to this hotel for the past several years but this year might be the last. If the new ownership of this hotel doesn't return to the previous standards, this hotel will die a slow death.
Check-in desk is now two portable desks at either end of the hotel entrance, not exactly 'classy'. When we checked in, no one offered to bring our luggage to our room. The counter attendant(who didn't crack a smile) gave us our key but didn't notice we had reserved two rooms. The front desk person had all the personality and intelligence of a Target cashier, she should not have been the front face of a supposedly 5 star hotel. Many of the senior staff left during the ownership change, it appears that the new HR mgr was not very discerning in who was hired to replace them.
Unlike past years there was no evening turn down service or complimentary bottles of water. We requested a NYTimes, it was never left at our door.
The line-ups for getting our car were long. When I called to warn them I would be needing my car I was placed on hold for several minutes before speaking to a human being, same for housekeeping, I had never before called housekeeping only to be told by a machine that an attendant will be with me shortly. It took them 4 hours to come and make a bed for us. We called for a wake up call, in most upscale hotels we would we greeted with a Hello Mr or Mrs x, how may I help you. For some reason here they asked us which room we were calling from.
Breakfast-nowhere near as organized as last year. We asked to be seated outside as the lineup was too long but the woman in charge said it was unbearably cold. It was 65 and sunny.
The hotel has a great pool and is perfectly situated by Aventura Mall but the new management needs to understand that their repeat guests will not spend 10 grand a week for average service, for that kind of money they expect exceptional. Oh and the AC in our room sounded like a jet engine.
On a positive note, the new WiFi is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its two championship golf courses designed by Raymond Floyd, Celebrity Chef Michael Mina's award-winning BOURBON STEAK restaurant, three-story Spa & Fitness Center, the elite Canas Tennis, three relaxing pools, 40,000 square feet of meetings space, Beach Club on The Atlantic, 117-slip Marina and engaging kids camps all within reach of 408 spacious guest rooms and suites. Just minutes from South Beach, Turnberry Isle Miami is located across the street from South Florida's leading shopping destination - Aventura Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida