My husband and I very recently completed a 5-night stay at Turnberry Isle Miami. We booked through the Amex Fine Hotels program and as our check in date neared there was some concern regarding the special amenities due to the change from being a Fairmont property. My Amex concierge called Turnberry and reassured me that everything would be as planned. Since this visit was to celebrate our 30th anniversary I wanted it to be perfect.
From the moment we pulled up in our vehicle to the day we departed, everything could not have gone smoother. The property is simply gorgeous and everyday we saw the many workers that it takes to keep it looking pristine. Every staff person we encountered in the breezeway, lobby, restaurants, etc were very friendly and always greeted us warmly.
We were upgraded to a lovely golf course view suite where we enjoyed many hours on our balcony watching the golfers. There were chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room with a Happy Anniversary card. The room was serene and beautiful - a wonderful place to relax after a frustrating round of golf! The housekeeping staff did a tremendous job of unobtrusively servicing our room whenever we asked and always answered our calls with a pleasant "of course." The room was kept fresh and spotless.
We dined each morning at the Cascata Grille and were very happy with the beautiful and bountiful buffet. Bridgette was our server several times for breakfast and/or lunch. She is outstanding and deserves special kudos! We were very pleasantly surprised with the food quality and Cascata for lunch and dinner. We are somewhat "foodies" and did not expect a hotel restaurant to have the quality and imagination that is present at Cascata Grille. It is obvious that the chef(s) truly care about the food and presentation. Room service dinner was also excellent.
We also dined at the Burger Bar of Bourbon Steak and at the restaurant. Both were excellent in quality and service.
The golf. The first impression one gets at any new golf course is from the starter. He/she can set the tone for the entire round. At Turnberry the starter - Augie - is amazing. He made us feel welcome every round. Augie is a perfect "front man" for the golf operations at Turnberry. I am afraid that the two courses have spoiled us for other golf courses. We have been playing all over Florida for the past few weeks and so far nothing can compare to the beauty and condition of your courses. We loved golf at Turnberry.
Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes. I believe Turnberry's pricing including valet charge, etc is completely in line with other luxury resorts (4 seasons, Ritz) and it truly delivers quality for the $. Do not worry about the split from Fairmont - the resort is fabulous!
We will return!
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Fairmont Turnberry
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 300 tropical acres is the legendary Turnberry Isle Miami with beautifully-appointed spacious guest rooms and suites, golf unlike any other in the Sunshine State, the finest spa amenities, the best gourmet dining in Miami including Celebrity Chef Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak restaurant, a family-friendly Laguna Pool and private Beach Club. Have you made your vacation plans yet? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.